• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Is it just me or....

Bethuk1

S: 16st3lb C: 13st8lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 2st9lb(16.3%)
Do you also look at pictures of celebrities who have lost weight and think surely they must have weighed more than that? Or when they say they're now a size 8 but look more like a 12! It makes me feel so crap when they label someone whopping at 11 stone!!

No wonder we all feel so rubbish about ourselves!

On the subject I was watching Fern Briiton's new talkshow, I know she's slimmed down but it doesn't mean a miniskirt is ok...put me right off my mint shake! Could almost see her lady garden :rolleyes:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Emma1904

Working on it
S: 18st6.0lb C: 18st6.0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 48.7 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hilarious!!! She does have some dodgy taste in clothes!!!

I know what you mean! On the front of magazines when they say that someone is huge and they're really not it makes me so mad!!! X

Lily

Gold Member
S: 16st11.0lb C: 15st10.0lb G: 13st7.0lb BMI: 37.8 Loss: 1st1lb(6.38%)
Do you also look at pictures of celebrities who have lost weight and think surely they must have weighed more than that? Or when they say they're now a size 8 but look more like a 12!
Yes, yes, yes!

On the subject I was watching Fern Briiton's new talkshow, I know she's slimmed down but it doesn't mean a miniskirt is ok...put me right off my mint shake! Could almost see her lady garden :rolleyes:
Ewwww... :eek:

S: 19st4lb C: 13st4lb G: 10st4lb BMI: 30.9 Loss: 6st0lb(31.11%)
If you look at real women when your out shopping you'll see what normal is, celebrities are photo'd in good light, masses of make-up, re-touched in photoshop, and when celebs have a weight problem they lose it some way and sell dvd's we saps buy!!!! why oh why!!

I mega hate it when a mag says 'ooh look at so and so who's was a size 24 now a 6!'
Number 1. They were never size 24.
Number 2. They are now a size 12 at best, even with your best Photoshop skills.
Grrrr!

laura269

S: 15st8lb C: 10st6lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 25.9 Loss: 5st2lb(33.03%)
Ahh this really gets my goat!! I remember that Hannah Waterman... she was in a magazine and they showed the 'fat' pic of her before she started her diet and was saying that at 10 stone 8lbs she was a fat mess...I remember thinking my god that's where I wanna be!! No way was she 10 something! Or if she was they made her look a hell of a lot bigger than she was??!!

None of them are living in the real world!

Bethuk1

S: 16st3lb C: 13st8lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 2st9lb(16.3%)
Ahh this really gets my goat!! I remember that Hannah Waterman... she was in a magazine and they showed the 'fat' pic of her before she started her diet and was saying that at 10 stone 8lbs she was a fat mess...I remember thinking my god that's where I wanna be!! No way was she 10 something! Or if she was they made her look a hell of a lot bigger than she was??!!

None of them are living in the real world!
That photo is a prime example of what I mean! 10 stone 8 to me is slim she was very overweight! Then they claim to be 8 stone, as if that's perfectly normal, unless your really short it's not! My Auntie was diagnosed was cancer last year and she dropped weight dramatically but she's managed to get up to 8 stone now
and quite frankly she's still horrifically thin, it's really not
something to aspire to it looks shocking! It's a sad world that our
children are growing up in and so confusing for them! Oh and
another thing We have a krispy kreme opening by us with a drive
through...give me strength! I think the film Wall-E shows the
future lol

*steps off soapbox*

oh god ALL THE TIME!! even watching some diet programmes and they give someones weight and i think erm i dont think so!! it really doesnt help peoples self esteem does it!!

S: 17st7lb C: 16st13lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 36 Loss: 0st8lb(3.27%)
Unrealistic expectations of celebs brings out the need for them to be the thinnest they can be but honestly I really do think they lie. Just look no further than Vanessa feltz. She claimed to be down to a size 12 I think it was and I could have sworn she looked more like a 16. Yes she'd lost an amazing amount of weight but she really did not look like a size 12! Even I struggle to get into a 12 in some clothes, yet people think I'm a smaller size (like an 8!) then I am!