Is it just me or....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Bethuk1, 30 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Bethuk1

Bethuk1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(16.3%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    Do you also look at pictures of celebrities who have lost weight and think surely they must have weighed more than that? Or when they say they're now a size 8 but look more like a 12! It makes me feel so crap when they label someone whopping at 11 stone!!

No wonder we all feel so rubbish about ourselves!

On the subject I was watching Fern Briiton's new talkshow, I know she's slimmed down but it doesn't mean a miniskirt is ok...put me right off my mint shake! Could almost see her lady garden :rolleyes:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Emma1904

Emma1904 Working on it

Start Weight:
    18st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hilarious!!! She does have some dodgy taste in clothes!!!

I know what you mean! On the front of magazines when they say that someone is huge and they're really not it makes me so mad!!! X

4. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Yes, yes, yes!

Ewwww... :eek:

5. AOGG

AOGG Banned

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(31.11%)
    Diet:
    1500cals/training
    If you look at real women when your out shopping you'll see what normal is, celebrities are photo'd in good light, masses of make-up, re-touched in photoshop, and when celebs have a weight problem they lose it some way and sell dvd's we saps buy!!!! why oh why!!

6. Natztastic

Natztastic Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I mega hate it when a mag says 'ooh look at so and so who's was a size 24 now a 6!'
    Number 1. They were never size 24.
    Number 2. They are now a size 12 at best, even with your best Photoshop skills.
    Grrrr!

7. laura269

laura269 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(33.03%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Ahh this really gets my goat!! I remember that Hannah Waterman... she was in a magazine and they showed the 'fat' pic of her before she started her diet and was saying that at 10 stone 8lbs she was a fat mess...I remember thinking my god that's where I wanna be!! No way was she 10 something! Or if she was they made her look a hell of a lot bigger than she was??!!

None of them are living in the real world!

8. Bethuk1

Bethuk1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(16.3%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    That photo is a prime example of what I mean! 10 stone 8 to me is slim she was very overweight! Then they claim to be 8 stone, as if that's perfectly normal, unless your really short it's not! My Auntie was diagnosed was cancer last year and she dropped weight dramatically but she's managed to get up to 8 stone now
    and quite frankly she's still horrifically thin, it's really not
    something to aspire to it looks shocking! It's a sad world that our
    children are growing up in and so confusing for them! Oh and
    another thing We have a krispy kreme opening by us with a drive
    through...give me strength! I think the film Wall-E shows the
    future lol

*steps off soapbox*

9. nicky98989

nicky98989 Member

oh god ALL THE TIME!! even watching some diet programmes and they give someones weight and i think erm i dont think so!! it really doesnt help peoples self esteem does it!!

10. great things

great things Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    CD 810
    Unrealistic expectations of celebs brings out the need for them to be the thinnest they can be but honestly I really do think they lie. Just look no further than Vanessa feltz. She claimed to be down to a size 12 I think it was and I could have sworn she looked more like a 16. Yes she'd lost an amazing amount of weight but she really did not look like a size 12! Even I struggle to get into a 12 in some clothes, yet people think I'm a smaller size (like an 8!) then I am!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.