Is it just me?

kellymundy

Gold Member
Is it just me or has anyone else started to bake more and cook better food for their families since starting CD? I actually cooked my first quiche last night (hubby thinks it's the best thing I've ever cooked!:D) nad last week it was sausage rolls cooked from scratch!
Does anyone else do this or am I just sadistic???:p

i am doing that too!! i been making home made pizzas from scratch everyone loves them... and baking cake, making curry, etc never done them before lol

How weird

Weird eh?

I have been baking with my girls and making all sorts of things that I didn't used to.

Too reliant on Tesco before - perhaps this is another valuable lesson.

LOVIN THESE DIET RESULTS......

Have a wonderful Sunday....

Michelle xxx

Maybe we are using our time more creatively eh? instead of all the time (speak for myself) spent 'troughing' - we can dedicate to more creative uses!

Bring it on!!

Mxxx

me too! I have been doing alot more 'from scratch' cooking, and trawling through cookery books too! everyone is loving it - apart from me.....
I reckon its cos we know we're safe doing it, and we can't have it. If I had made cakes before, not all of them would have made it into the storage box!

I have found I have to have someone in the room with me occationally as a safety net so to speak. When I cooked the bacon to put in the quiche I had to have my hubby looking over my shoulder. When we had some bacon left at the end rather than put it in the fridge for later I had to give it to the dog because I couldn't completely trust myself. I know chances are I won't eat it but why take the risk?

I do a lot more baking and bread making since starting CD - have always cooked the majority of meals from scratch but now I seem to have set up my own bakery :giggle:

me too! I have been doing alot more 'from scratch' cooking, and trawling through cookery books too! everyone is loving it - apart from me.....
I reckon its cos we know we're safe doing it, and we can't have it. If I had made cakes before, not all of them would have made it into the storage box!

"what's a storage box?" (LOL):D

i found i have gotton a bit more creative aswell with food. This diet is brill and i have also started making a healthy eating recipie type book for us when i get to goal :)

I've been cooking a lot.
Don't want the bosses thinking that the children miss out while I am dieting

Quite clearly you are all bonkers!! ;)

It's crazy because I too am cooking meals that I have not made before. The other day I made Moussaka and tomorow i'm making Gnocchi and spinach bake..my daughter and fiance are loving it...but,I'm constantly saying.."is that ok? do u like it? does it need anything extra? do u think I would like it?"...I love every cokery show on tv..cookery books and even bought Deliah's Cheat book...am loving it. And I love he fact that I am so disciplined.

That's the one down side for my hubby, lol, I keep hanging around when he first tries one of my new recipes asking tonnes of questions about what it's like, if it needs anything extra, if I seasoned it enough etc.
I could tell last night it was starting to wind me up but I had to explain to him that I need to ask to the point of annoying him because even if it was horrible he'd be to polite to tell me otherwise.

Quite clearly you are all bonkers!! ;)

you mean that this never happened to you?
poor porgeous, It happened to me too & I found it one of the more delightfully bizarre side of the diet. Also made the family more supportive! I think they'd secretly suspected I'd feed them tasteless tat.

The other side of this phenomenon is the satisfaction resulting solely from smelling food.

I'd love to ask a shrink why they think we're all doing this!LOL.
I bet you're right Jane, that it has something to do with the pleasure you get purely from the smell of the food.

The other side of this phenomenon is the satisfaction resulting solely from smelling food.

oh gosh yes, I have to have a sniff :giggle: but yet am never tempted to put it in my mouth (thank goodness!)

"what's a storage box?" (LOL):D

Well, when you make 20 cakes/buns/slices you can't eat them all (well not now!) so they go in a storage box........

ha ha... no need for them in my house!

I made some biscuits with the girls and left them to cool on the rack.

a little later after several 'please can i have one mum' requests, I went to get the icing sugar and little decorations to pretty them up.....
No need, they were gone!

Clearly my family are soooooo deprived!

Never seem to need a storage box!

I am sadistic! :psiholog:
I've just finished making another quiche just for the hell of it! No one asked for it and my hubby put a lamb joint in the slow cooker this morning before he went to work for their dinner tonight, so it won't be eaten this evening, unless they start to be total pigs (highly likely in my house!):eat:

Back