Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Bijoux, 21 November 2008 Social URL.

1. Bijoux

Bijoux Fat Fighter

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(28.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I dread taking the shakes, literally. I take them down like medicine as fast as I can. Oriental chilli soup makes my tummy rumble and whenever I have shakes warm my tummy feels awful, even when I drink litres and litres of water.

I love this diet because I do not have to worry about what to eat and I do not feel hungry at all. I have ordered porridge for my second week am hoping I like it because if I do not am in a pickle.

Is it just me who feels this way? :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dieting Rambler

Dieting Rambler Size 14 Here I Come!

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(19.23%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    are they to thick for you Sylvie, cause you may want to add more water?

Do you not like the taste?

4. BBlilsis

BBlilsis My 3 Furry Amigos

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I love the choc mint shakes, I make it with real cold water, and I put it in a pint glass, with loads of ice and drink it slowly through a straw, like a milk shake....

Play around with how you make the shakes up, hopefully you'll find a way that you like, cuz I'd hate to have to knock them back like a medicine.

good luck with the porridge when it comes :p

5. Bijoux

Bijoux Fat Fighter

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(28.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I can drink them fine usually use about a pint of water when I mix them up so I dilute them enough. The flavours are good enough, I just don't like how my tummy feels after.

6. BBlilsis

BBlilsis My 3 Furry Amigos

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Wow thats a lot of diluting, I use approx 350mls of water, a pint is 568mls, so maybe your diluting the taste out of them, mmmm your tummy could be reacting to the speed in which its hit with them :confused: :giggle: to be honest I don't really know myself :p

Mini likes this.
  7. Bijoux

Bijoux Fat Fighter

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(28.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Lol you joker.

You may be right though. I will try one tonight with about 300mls and see whether it makes me feel different. I really want this diet to work.

8. Dieting Rambler

Dieting Rambler Size 14 Here I Come!

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(19.23%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    if you are knocking them back and your using that much water, your stomach is probably going into overdrive! would you before CD knock back a pint of water, probably not, so try it tonight with less water and hopefully that will ease your tummy a bit.

good luck.

9. supermummy

supermummy Full Member

i mix mine with a pint too. hated the porridge. the veg soup is ok and i really like banana and fruits of the forest. i usually add cinnamon to my banana shake and it turns out yummy.
    i cant understand why ur stomach feels funny after the shake. dont mind me askin, but have you been for a no.2 since uv started? or are u havin problems?

10. Bijoux

Bijoux Fat Fighter

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(28.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    No my bowel movements have been ok. Every other day. I normally drink some warm water or peppermint tea and am fine in a few minutes.

11. Lostris

Lostris Serena's title didn't fit

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    100.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    10.7kg(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi hon!

Could be you're tummy is feeling a bit off / starts rumbling because you haven't gotten used to the diets vits and minerals yet. This can take a while! :) Not saying this is the cause but just saying it could be!

GL

xxx

12. lynseylou73

lynseylou73 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Personally I find the shakes far too sweet!! Like Sylvie so far I am finding myself pinching my nose and drinking it like it's poison!

I don't really have a sweet tooth and hate anything 'diet' (Diet Coke etc) so that isn't helping, in a way would prefer to lose the sweet taste altogether.

Lovinf the chilli soup and the chocolate brick (that didn't seem half as sickly/false sugar sweet), and am trying porrige tomorrow - why didn't you like it Supermummy???? I love normal porridge is it really different??

I am pleased I never feel hungry and that is what I dreaded the most - have been on a conference today with an amazing buffet lunch and I just stayed in the classroom and drank my brick!!!! (I am very proud of myself). Think the hardest thing is trying to have as many things as I should, does it matter if I don't have all 3 on S.S+ and just have 2 and a meal??

13. Bijoux

Bijoux Fat Fighter

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(28.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    No you need all 3 packs because they provide you with all your vitamins and protein. I have had 2 packs already and I don't feel like having the third but will try taking it down because if I do not take sufficient protein I can start burning up muscle instead of fat.

14. Bijoux

Bijoux Fat Fighter

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(28.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    You may be right. I am just going to try making the strawberry shake with less water to see if my tummy will handle it better. Fingers crossed.

15. Bijoux

Bijoux Fat Fighter

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(28.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I think am fine with all the other shakes except chocolate and chocolate mint. Just had a strawberry one with 300mls and am fine. Weird?

16. Lostris

Lostris Serena's title didn't fit

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    100.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    10.7kg(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hii,

I have some flavours that make me feel very sick so no I don't feel it's weird at all! I think you need to find out which flavours are okay for you and drink those anddddd not drink the ones that upset your body ;-)

xxx

17. AllyKat

AllyKat Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slinning World
    I found in thef irst few days I really didn't like the taste and the tetra made me want to be sick from the awful Taste. After a few days I started to quite like the flavours...strange. Hope the taste improves for you.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. edibeedee

edibeedee Optifast Girl!

Diet:
    Optifast
    AllyKat the same thing happenedto me with the tetras now I only have 1 powder meal a day the rest of the day it is chocolate tetras. I i love them ice cold drank through the straw.
    edi

20. supermummy

supermummy Full Member

i too love the normal porridge, but this thing tastes nothin like it. I personally hated it and have got it swaped for banana n fruits of the forest.
    how was ur experience with the porridge? x

21. brooksy

brooksy Member

the porridge is totally disgusting.I tried it my first week and I could only stomach 1 meal of it! have you triend the banana and strawberry shakes they are nice, I dont like the chocolate ones nor the cappucino! lost 5lbs this week .having a dinner party tonight! total trauma I already want a glass of wine!!xx

22. POUND PRINCESS

POUND PRINCESS Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(17.43%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    I to cannot stomach the shakes im now on my second week and have sorted myslef - i was starting to feel full of two sachets so this is what I do:

1 litre of water

porridge @ 11.00-11.30

2-3 litres of water

Veg soup@ 4.00 - 5.00

1 litre of water

porridge @ about 8.30-9.00pm

with another litre of water.

of a weekend I treat myself lol instead of veg soup I make popodoms/crisp of of either chicken & mushroom pack or the oriental chilli. i to dont like the taste of the oriental chilli soup but as crisp taste nice.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.