Is it normal to be late (TOTM)??

Hi ya,

I am over a week late, which isnt normal for me and am definately not pregnant!
I am doing SS+ and have been for 2 and a half weeks..
And sadly I think its making me heavier... or I hope that's what it is!
Does anyone know if this happens?

:)

hi,
this happened to me last time i did the diet, not sure why exactly but when i did finally start it was heavier.
think your body gets a bit thrown about the 1st few weeks of diet with all the detoxing and change in foods and calories but if you are sure your not pregnant then i don`t think there is much to worry about
kaz

Last edited:
Quite a interesting question. I started my TOTM yesterday. Trouble is I don't normally have one cos I have a contraceptive implant and at the moment it's really heavy.

I think it's right that to start with this diet confuses your body and it doesn't know weather it's coming or going which may cause some of us to have them, some to be heavier, some late etc

Just hoping this doesn't affect my loss to much!

Yes, I was 10 days late this month and I'm usually like clockwork.
Also associated with STS for the last while on the scales, unfortunately...

I have the implant and bled for 4 weeks 2 days after starting the diet and now I am week 8 and started bleeding again. So very fed up as i have only had 7 weeks of no bleeding since mid-August :(

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Cd does mess with your hormones, alot of people find their periods change so I wouldn't worry too much.
Even people that haven't had periods for years find they come on shortly after starting the diet :)

OscarsMum do you mind me asking how heavy they have been? Right now I'm really heavy and am really hoping it slows down some!

Thank you ladies...
As if by magic, the time came! Must have been posting.. Never thought I would be happy to see it... now I hope when I am weighed Monday, the water retention or whatever happens when its TOTM has all gone
;)

Chelles it isn't heavy at the moment - but for the whole 4 weeks after I started the diet it was very clotted and thick, so sorry tmi - whereas previously before CD it was light bleeding/spotting xx

Chelles it isn't heavy at the moment - but for the whole 4 weeks after I started the diet it was very clotted and thick, so sorry tmi - whereas previously before CD it was light bleeding/spotting xx

I experienced that on my last period, was abit concerned but its all fine & normal :)

OscarsMum do you mind me asking how heavy they have been? Right now I'm really heavy and am really hoping it slows down some!

Having similar problems - I have the Implanon and had a period the day I started CD, and it lasted a week... a day clear and it started again, heavy, nasty... blergh :(

I never have a period due to my contraception but almost 2 weeks in the diet i came on very light but its lasted 6 days now... doing my head in!!

I'm due today and so far no show, but I did have a breakthrough bleed 2 days after starting CD so not sure if my body is counting that as period which means I'm not due for over a week. It's all fun!

Thank goodness for this post! I was a week late... Came on, finished two days later (like normal) then started bleeding again today! Argh! x

Thankfully I seem very light compared to last time...fingers crossed it goes more quickly than last time!

Back