Is it Oarlistat causing me problems?

purplekylie22

TMI post - please stay out if you are feeling queasy or just ate.

Ok so first gas, I pass a lot of gas and I do mean a LOT, its really smelly and it is all day long. I almost always have diarrhea even when I eat good foods and there is no oil, it is still diarrhea, quite often immediately after I eat? And very often after I start walking. Lastly tummy pain. I noticed a long time ago I gt a sore tummy after eating spicy foods, but it seems as if it is happening more and more after I eat anything not just spicy food, I have tummy cramps at least a few times a day. Generally feeling bloated because of the gas, and I have *period* back ache for a ages even when I not on my period. This symptoms have been whilst I was taking Oralistat, but TI think I had them over summer as well when I couldn't get Oralistat. I just cant be sure :/ I never tracked them, I know I should've done. I always just put up with them. But I am going to be starting a new job and because of this I started to worry about symptoms which I have always just put up with before as it never seemed important since I am at home most of the day.

Has anyone else have these? Could they be side effects of Oralistat or is it something else?

Orlistat does sometimes give me very smelly wind :( but to be honest it sounds a lot more like IBS, maybe you should go and get checked out by a doc

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

purplekylie22 said:
TMI post - please stay out if you are feeling queasy or just ate.

Ok so first gas, I pass a lot of gas and I do mean a LOT, its really smelly and it is all day long. I almost always have diarrhea even when I eat good foods and there is no oil, it is still diarrhea, quite often immediately after I eat? And very often after I start walking. Lastly tummy pain. I noticed a long time ago I gt a sore tummy after eating spicy foods, but it seems as if it is happening more and more after I eat anything not just spicy food, I have tummy cramps at least a few times a day. Generally feeling bloated because of the gas, and I have *period* back ache for a ages even when I not on my period. This symptoms have been whilst I was taking Oralistat, but TI think I had them over summer as well when I couldn't get Oralistat. I just cant be sure :/ I never tracked them, I know I should've done. I always just put up with them. But I am going to be starting a new job and because of this I started to worry about symptoms which I have always just put up with before as it never seemed important since I am at home most of the day.

Has anyone else have these? Could they be side effects of Oralistat or is it something else?

Hi sorry your feeling so bad. I've just had a look at what you have been eating in mfp and some of it is over the 5g per 100g rule of xenical.

Indian takeaways - do not eat way to much oil
Birds eye chicken fillets etc - high in fat
Sausages - high in fat. Only ones we have found are WW sausages
Snacks - m&m not good choice - high in fat
Hula hoops - high in fat too
Bacon is high in fat too unless you buy be good to yourself sainsbury bacon - no visible fat on the bacon!!
Sausage rolls - no way!
Chinese food - do not eat!
Cheeses - do not eat unless under 5g fat per 100g
Chocolate candy bars - um no way.,
Pizza - no way unless is WW and within rules
No takeaways !!

Sorry but look at what you eat and there is your answer..

Lean meats, veg, fruit and veg. Cook low fat with spray oil like fry light.
Snacks - low fat snacks,
Eat breakfast -
Look at others food diarys to see how they are eating - just discount the higher fat items as not everyone is still having the tablets.

You need to look at the way your eating and change your habits - specially the amount of takeaways your eating.

Your tummy will settle down once you stop eating the high fat items.

Breakfast: porridge is good, 2 egg omelette with tomatoes on the side good, toast with low fat cheese spread. Berries with plain yogurt and handful granola.

Etc..

Sorry to be so blunt.

From a health food shop get some aloe Vera juice which will help with tummy upset and wind.
Have 25ml x 2 a day

Actimel yogurt drink helps with digestion probs too - 1 in morning before breakfast.

I used to get bloating and a bit of gas with xen tablets and the above is what I took.

never hear of Aloe Vera juice before, it sounds disgusting! Is it as bad as it sounds? I know my diet over the past month has been very poor. Life got in the way too much recently and its been a struggle. As you will have seen I have gone back to skipping meals as well which really doesn't help me at all later in the day. But I know that when I am good and when I am 100% with the program I still have the issues so whilst it isn't helping, it isn't the cause of my problems. My problem with yoghurts is that they are so high in sugar. I will look into the Actimel drink though, thanks.

purplekylie22 said:
never hear of Aloe Vera juice before, it sounds disgusting! Is it as bad as it sounds? I know my diet over the past month has been very poor. Life got in the way too much recently and its been a struggle. As you will have seen I have gone back to skipping meals as well which really doesn't help me at all later in the day. But I know that when I am good and when I am 100% with the program I still have the issues so whilst it isn't helping, it isn't the cause of my problems. My problem with yoghurts is that they are so high in sugar. I will look into the Actimel drink though, thanks.

Aloe Vera juice is not that bad, the cranberry flavor is best. You only need just a little bit morning and night for it to help. Google the benefits of it as its meant to help with IBS

To be 100% you need to be that all the time as otherwise it causes problems. If your good for only one day - your still have problems from the day before you were good..

I buy 200g pots of plain yogurt from Tescos and have with berries and handful food doctor granola - which is yummy! has not much sugar at all.

The 0% fat actimel is great :)

Skipping meals is not good, as you can get too hungry and eat too much at your next meal.

Jillian from biggest looser suggests eating something every 4 hours and nothing after 9pm

See what a week or 2 of being 100% everyday makes you feel like. Using the aloe Vera juice and actimel to help settle your stomach.

Omg pk! I didn't realise that's what you were eating ! Lol :) no wonder you've got issues :) forget IBS it's the fat content of your food.

Tara morrisobs eat smart sausages are ok as well

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i think the girls are right its probably your food :/ some of the symptoms do sound like what i get with the ibs. Having to go toilet as soon as you finish eating, once you start walking you need to go. etc. First try changing your diet, second get checked with the doc and tell them your symptoms. Good luck :D

I agree with Kat I don't think there's anything wrong with you - I think the foods your eating are causing your symptoms - maybe refresh by jumping back to the xen for starters thread and readjust your diet x

I don't know if they still do it, but the Xenical Map program used to help me loads. Its worth a look. I liked that a nurse used to ring up every few months to see how I was doing on it, and I found that I didn't want have to tell her that I had put weight on so I worked harder.

I get similar symptoms to you, but that is only when I eat rubbish. I'm doing S.W too so that certainly helps because it makes me eat a lot more fruit/veg/healthy food.

xx

Back