Total Solution Is it ok to sometimes have 4 packs a day?

loved-up

Is determined and focused
Or would that be 'cheating'?

I'm on day 4 and so far so good, I am finding it a little bit difficult at night though.....I am on some medication that has one of its side affects as feeling hungry, also as I have a lot of pain I don't sleep well, so the nights are very long!

It would really help to know I could have an extra pack if needed but doing this 100% is really important to me so if it's not ok I'll try and do without:)

I dont think having an extra pack is ok because you get your 100% daily vits and minerals in 3 packs so not sure if having a 4th would be good for you.
I've looked on the exante site and cant find anything that says you can have an extra pack. Perhaps email them and ask them, they are really helpful and get back to people really quickly.

You could always have a small low carb meal if you've had your 3 packs and are still feeling hungry at night.
Something like chicken and green salad.
Omelette and salad.
There are lots of nice food ideas up in the recipe thread.

Thanks so much for answering blue butterfly

I didn't think of ringing the exante people up:eek: I shall blame my scatterbrainess on the diet;) but I will do that

I did think of some ketosis friendly food, but I think I will try and avoid all food until I'm well into the swing of the diet, I don't completely trust myself with food yet:eek:

Personally, I find letting any food past my lips the kiss of death. Just one taste, or chew, sends me a bit awol - so I would recommend a fourth pack if you absolutely need to. Just in case.

Blue Butterfly is right in that you already get your 100% RDA from 3 packs, but - generally speaking - any vitamins above and beyond what you need should be dispelled anyway (i.e. peed out!), so you shouldn't overdose (so to speak!)

It is indeed worth checking with the Exante people, but my advice would be to try not to use a meal unless you absolutely need to - for some people doing that is easy (Working Solution essentially), but for many others like me it is the start of falling off the wagon all together and I would hate to see you put in that position so early.

There is something so freeing about being on total food replacement - no guilt, and no concerns about what you are eating. Win, win!

You could also try bolstering your 3 packs by interspersing them with mugs of hot savoury drink (i.e. reduced salt Marigold boullion mixed with boiling water)... like having a mug of soup, but won't affect you if you stick to no more than 2 a day.

Either that or spread your packs out - I tend to hang on as late in the day as possible for breakfast (had first shake today at 3pm!), then I have more packs for the evening.

Hope it works out for you and good luck with Exante - it's a helluva ride! :D

Spotty xx

I once messaged Exante asking them why they don't do "male" packs, because its a bit weird they say 3 packs gives 100% RDA for both men and women, and they gave me a really obscure answer about having a 4th pack if I wanted to. lol

I also reckon its better to have a 4th pack than to have some food :)

Starlight said:
A few people have had a 4th pack personally Id do that than go for a food option.

You might find splitting your packs will help though, cut your bar in half or split your pack and have it as 2 shakes instead of 1.

Youll find once youre in ketosis though you wont feel the need :)

I was going to go along these lines also x

Thanks so much for all the replies

I did contact exante but they were very noncomittal about it lol!

I have decided to definitely stay away from food, and based on all your great advice, to save my packs for later in the day and/or split them (have only just got the bars and wow they are great! and definitely big enough to split):D

If I am desperate then a fourth pack will be the last resort. I hope I can get on top of this,it is so frustrating, tbh it was even before I was on exante. When I first started the tablets I would eat a huge meal and would still have a desperate urge to eat even though I was full to bursting! I thought I was going mad till my doctor told me it does happen to a lot of people when taking them:eek:

I'm on day 5 now, have been 100% so far and fully intend to stay that way:D

When I do this, I have 4 packs a day. Anything up to 800 calories a day is a vlcd, and 450 to 800 calories a day produce the same weight loss

Sent from my Nexus One using MiniMins "You can do this"

Thanks so much for all the replies

I did contact exante but they were very noncomittal about it lol!

I have decided to definitely stay away from food, and based on all your great advice, to save my packs for later in the day and/or split them (have only just got the bars and wow they are great! and definitely big enough to split):D

If I am desperate then a fourth pack will be the last resort. I hope I can get on top of this,it is so frustrating, tbh it was even before I was on exante. When I first started the tablets I would eat a huge meal and would still have a desperate urge to eat even though I was full to bursting! I thought I was going mad till my doctor told me it does happen to a lot of people when taking them:eek:

I'm on day 5 now, have been 100% so far and fully intend to stay that way:D

I used to be on steroids quite a lot in the past for my asthma, and I found the same that I would feel like I was so hungry even after I'd just eaten.

I find splitting the packs works really well, if you split each pack into 2, then you could have 6 times a day when you eat something.

Sometimes I cut my bar into lots of small pieces and eat it through the evening instead if in one sitting.

I also drink a really large glass of water if I'm feeling a really strong urge to eat, and often that helps take away that 'I need to eat' urge.

The other things that help are total immersing distraction, so whatever it is that works for you be that a book, film, going for a run, painting your nails, ringing a friend. Do something that really takes your mind away from food, and the time soon passes.

I would experiment and find a way that works for you. Good luck :)

I totally agree in having a 4th pack and have myself done this a few times with no real effects, on those days when you are really struggling it does help you through, I've had 2 bars on those days also! End of the days it's an extra 200 cals. I also save a dr pepper zero to the end of the evening to help me through. Ultimately this diet is simple and works well, and as written above, once in ketosis you won't be physically hungry, but the emotional hunger doesn't leave, I suggest yours may come from boredom? Good luck!

Back