Is it only carbs that can knock you out of keto?

onefatmama

Hi,

Im a few days into SS+, instead of eating the chicken and salad or cottage cheese, Iv been having the odd chunk( not huge) of cheese as I find it fills me up more.

Im not in keto yet, the cheese would'nt stop this happening would it? I mean, there are no carbs in it really, and it's the lack of carbs that put you into keto.

Also, my energy levels are 0, it's ok to have a glass or 2 of "DIET" Red Bull, again no carbs in it. so should'nt stop keto from happening?

Thanks for any input

ofm x

Hey hun, carbs would be the only thing that will knock you out of ketosis yes!

but you really should be sticking to whats in the plan, protein foods such as cottage cheese. chicken will help with the energy ..

and i would say no to red bull, may not contin carbs but could still contain something that may knock you out!

Check the ingredients list on the Red Bull - probably contains citric acid.
Citric acid is a no no on SS & SS+.

xx

re the red bull, fizzy drinks can trigger hunger in some people and there's a sticky above which explains why citric acid is considered a no-no. Also even though Sugar-free redbull has zero sugar it lists 4g carbs per serving in its ingredients.

Hi,

Im a few days into SS+, instead of eating the chicken and salad or cottage cheese, Iv been having the odd chunk( not huge) of cheese as I find it fills me up more.

Im not in keto yet, the cheese would'nt stop this happening would it? I mean, there are no carbs in it really, and it's the lack of carbs that put you into keto.

Also, my energy levels are 0, it's ok to have a glass or 2 of "DIET" Red Bull, again no carbs in it. so should'nt stop keto from happening?

Thanks for any input

ofm x

Option 1 of SS+ is better to follow until ketosis is established.

Great advice given above:cool:

The red bull (and other diet drinks), even though it may not knock you out of ketosis, it may stop you getting into ketosis in the first place as it can affect the Kreb cycle. It can also lead to hunger and cravings whether you are in ketosis or not.

Stick to the book and you wont go far wrong. Hope the ketosis fairy comes shortly for you. Darn fairy...so fickle sometimes ;)

Back