Is it possible

want2loseit

to lose weight properly on Slimming World despite being a terrible cook lol I know that sounds awful but I really am not much of a cook and even when I'm not dieting I tend to make very basic meals.

I always buy the SW magazine and it often seems like it's 'fancy' food if that makes sense now I don't mean to sound like I prefer to eat the leftovers lol am hoping someone will understand what I mean...but is it doable to follow the SW plan with limited cooking skills? Or do I need to learn and fast.

Many thanks for any advice
x

Yes it is possible to follow the SW plan if you're not best mates with your kitchen, but I highly recommend trying some of the recipes. They're not much work really - mostly chopping and preparation (well, the ones I follow are lol).

For instance - my three fave recipes are the beef stew, moroccan lamb and chicken and leak pie. Once you've done the prep it's a case of letting the oven do the work.

Also, you can invest in a slow cooker. They have a great 'one pot wonders' book.

I wouldn't recommend sticking to the basics all the time. You can survive off boiled eggs, pasta and sauce etc...but you'll get bored.

Good luck xxx

I'm no cook either but it is still possible to lose weigh on SW without being able to 'follow' recipes (especially by following the EE plan).

Definitely try some of the recipes but also have a nose on here for recipe suggestions and other people's meal plans. Loads of inspirational advice xx

to lose weight properly on Slimming World despite being a terrible cook lol I know that sounds awful but I really am not much of a cook and even when I'm not dieting I tend to make very basic meals.

I always buy the SW magazine and it often seems like it's 'fancy' food if that makes sense now I don't mean to sound like I prefer to eat the leftovers lol am hoping someone will understand what I mean...but is it doable to follow the SW plan with limited cooking skills? Or do I need to learn and fast.

Many thanks for any advice
x

Beans on toast, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, steak, syn free chips, homeade fish fingers!

thanks everyone it's worth a go, had been looking into the full meal replacement things but I don't know if I could stick that either :(

I have never done the meal replacement plan so don't want to knock it or anything, but if you DO be careful ok?

SW is great because it's not really like dieting - positive changes to your diet and BOOM it comes off steady and healthily. It's not just the weight losses either - you feel better about self in all senses.

It might take time to get into SW and a routine that suits you...but it's worth it...you don't need to go hungry on SW :)

x

I'm no cook, but I follow the recipes on here or from some of the Slimming World books, most of it turns out OK!!! A few disasters but on the whole its edible!

thanks everyone...I really think SW would be the way to go, I need to make changes that I can stick to and after reading through the recipes on here I think I could try a few of them.
There's a class tonight near me...wondering whether to go and give it my best shot, I just feel awkward in a class setting but really need to give this my all.

I agree with Sticky.
I have never done meal replacement plans and I don't believe in them.
With the odd exception we hasve always cooked from scratch. It is much tastier and healthier and does not need to take long.
Most of the SW recipes give full instructions that are easy to follow.
It does take longer than bunging a ready made meal into the microwave but simple meals do not take long.

One of the great things about SW is that it encourages us to try foods we have never tried (or never even heard of!) before, and also encourages us to cook from scratch.

Anyone can cook - all you have to do is sit down and read the recipe carefully in advance, go out and get the right ingredients, and do exactly as it says. Anything you don't understand - well, that's what this forum is for!! You can come here and ask as many questions as you like and someone will have the answer.

Have a go at some of the easier recipes (there's nothing "fancy" about shepherd's pie or spag. bol.) and when you start to get the hang of things you can move onto something a bit more complicated.

Good luck!!

You will become a better cook for doing SW - whether you like it or not! I can now make things without a recipe in front of me! Something I never thought I'd be able to do. Do try one or two of the recipes from the magazine - when you look at them step by step you can't go far wrong as long as you've got all the ingredients!

I've never before followed a recipe in my life before I started SW I have been doing it three weeks and done about ten recipes from the mags and things, I have lost 8lbs in three weeks so it definatley works :) good luck x

You don't have to ba a fanatastic cook. There are lots of quick meals like JP's, savoury rice, pasta, tinned fish, beans, chicken portions, veg that can be put together very easily.
You can start off with simple meals and then try a few recipes. It's just good simple honest food, which is very easy to prepare.
As everyone says, we're here if you get stuck with something :)

thanks everyone, I haven't started the plan yet but I am going to be joining a class this coming week, I think that I need the motivation of a class as well as this site.
Preparing my shopping list for the week and printing off a few recipes that I'm going to tackle lol.
Have a great week!

Back