Is it safe to go to gym while pregnant ?

Sammielouise071

25 years old.Vegetarian .Calorie Counter
I don't know if this is a silly question but I just wondered how many mummies to be are still exercising during their pregnancy and if its safe to do so ?
I'm not far enough long to see the midwife yet and I just want to know what exercises are safe .. I'm not planning on doing anything too intense but can I still use the treadmill and do Zumba ?
I'm also thinking walking , swimming and home exercise DVDs .

Hi thought I'd reply as I have exercised throughout pregnant. I have done Zumba weekly which my instructor was fine with as I'd done it before pregnancy. I also joined a gym a few weeks ago (am currently 31 weeks) so I am now swimming and going to the gym once a week. The gym instructors were fine with it, they just advised against using the weighs. So I would say yes! :D as long as you are well there's no reason you shouldn't be able to exercise throughout your pregnancy :) (btw my bmi at booking was 27 so I was classed as 'overweight' but this has never stopped me attending classes) good luck with your pregnancy x

Hiya no probs, I'm 31 weeks and getting big! So I stick to the aerobic machines, 15 minutes each of cross trainer, bike, treadmill (inclined fast walk -I'd be useless if I tried to jog) stepper etc. I don't go near any of the weights of strength training equipment- I'm sure it some would be fine but I'm quite happy sticking to the cardio machines just to keep me active really. I want to break a sweat but I don't go overboard and they have heart rate monitors on the equipment so I just check every now and then to make sure it's not too high. Sorry that was a bit of a ramble lol! Are u part of a gym now then or are u thinking of joining? X

Wowza your doing really well then considering your 30 weeks :)
I've just discovered I have fitness tv on sky so have been recording all the aerobics and dance fit etc so might give some of those a go while I'm off work.. They look cheesy as anything but its free so may aswel give them a whirl .

hehe i used to record them when we had sky- there was a step aerobic one which was good if you had a step- i had it recorded for months though but only did it a few time lol. last few times when my mum and sisters have been in the gym ive gone for a swim instead- tbh i just float along and doubt im burning many calories but suppose its better than nothing :) x

Back