Is it worth doing it again

losit

well, what are your thoughts on putting yourself through TFR again.

I have done it a few times but never keep the weight off. Determination just isn't enough.

I know I have a major comfort eating problem and would be the first to say I have some class of an eating disorder going on but I've done all the counselling I can and it's no better.

My counselor just says ''addiction is avoidance of reality'' well you need food to survive so taking a little of your heroin substitute isn't going to hack it.(I'm not or ever was a heroin addict...that's just an analogy)

I'm back over 13stone and so miserable, just feel like a fat failure.

I have just been on it for my 2nd time. 1st time lasted a couple of days. Had so must going on in my life then the time wasn't right. This time done 10 weeks and lost 2st 4lbs. Half way through my refeed for my holiday next week and have been cheating a little bit. Will be going back on it when I get home to finish what I started on the same diet as I know it works. As for what will happen later I don't know. Hopefully I will keep my weight off. If not I will do it again for sure. A colleague at work did lighter life and every time her weight goes up 7lb she does it again just to maintain.

I'm on TFR for the second time, it was harder to get into but I'm glad I stuck with it. It's certainly difficult, but the results and support from people on the forums keep me going. I think the main thing is to try and find a diet that works for you - you're not a failure in the slightest since you keep trying, but if TFR isn't for you have you looked around other options?

I have just been on it for my 2nd time. 1st time lasted a couple of days. Had so must going on in my life then the time wasn't right. This time done 10 weeks and lost 2st 4lbs. Half way through my refeed for my holiday next week and have been cheating a little bit. Will be going back on it when I get home to finish what I started on the same diet as I know it works. As for what will happen later I don't know. Hopefully I will keep my weight off. If not I will do it again for sure. A colleague at work did lighter life and every time her weight goes up 7lb she does it again just to maintain.

I have had the exact same experience. I think you have to be a point where you are so determined and the first time that does not always end up being the case. I caved after 3 days the last time but I have thought so much about it before I started and I knew this time I was going to succeed no matter what and I am going to be making a better thinner me for the future. The hardest part will be coming off the diet and finding the balance of food needed for your own body as everyone is so different in that respect.

I also understand about the eating disorder as I have been battling one for quite a long time and I know it will be quite tough when I come off the diet and I will be using MyFitnessPal to track what I eat and exercise so I can hold myself accountable. I hope it works but I know there will be some blips along the way and once they are only every now and then I will be happy.

This is my 3rd time and I seriously thought I wouldnt be able to do this , ive lost 2st 4lbs and Ive just started Refeed this morning before I go on holiday and when I come back I will be going back on it to lose the other 2 stone!! If your struggling come on this website its really great when you have those bad days that you want to cheat or give up . Or maybe TFR is not for you perhaps you can go on the Maintence diet as a way to lose weight also its cheaper!!!:D I would ask your GPand see if it is ok to do then maybe make an appointment with your local pharmacy?

I'm a returner too ;) this diet is the one for me. I can't be good so every year I return to Lipotrim. Now I know this is not ideal, but to me it's just like my friends going back to slimming world every year. I tell myself that "this will be the last time" but It never is. This year I hope to keep the weight off for health reasons (not my own, my husband's) but only time will tell. I have never managed to keep the weight off because I am greedy and just love grub. I have no underlying issue with food at all, just like it lol. I wish you all the very best :D

Hi,

Thank you for replies, thay have been insightful and probably give me the reasurance and approval I was seeking. Tfr works for me...full stop. You can see from my stats..
Now I can come up with all sorts of pychological reasons for comfort eating but I think it all comes down to one thing...I just love food!
Kay...I am glad to hear I'm not alone in thinking so..
I was terrified of eating 'real food' again the last time I did it..my chemist is great and gives really good support, I just never took them up on it.
I'm away this week so will do a bit of maintainence and then go TFR when I come home.
The main thing is that I now don't feel like a failure for doing it again...talk soon

I lost 5 stone first time round and found it so much easier to do than now, but then so is everything i.e smoking (not that I do). Even pregnancy ha ha. First time round is exciting but after that you know what is coming and you want it JUST TO HAPPEN like overnight which we know is not real and we have to work at our mental attitude. It took me about 2 years to put it all back on. I was sort of dragged into it this time as I had my daughter's wedding and my other daughter went on it and i didn't want to be left behind. Each day is a struggle and I think I am going to cheat but I manage. I have lost 3 stone and so feel victorious but I am under no illusion that I have it under control. The people at work say the same thing but I say at least I'm doing something about it and have a fighting chance instead of slowly increasing weekly. It's the nature of the beast i think, a work in progress and it is what it is. I think most of the people , not all, share the same problem but at least we can gain comfort and understanding from each other. Without this forum I would struggle even more, if not fail. x That's my pennyworth lol

Back