Is so much fruit good?

sabz

Hi Guys,
ive started slimming world again for the second time and wanted to know, eating so much fruit lets say 5 portions a day is this good for you? as they contain so many calories and carbs and although we are not counting calories, they are still be consumed? please advise!

thank you

Fruit is not restricted on SW. Fruit is superfree. Fruit is recommended as snacks.
Eat if you are hungry - stop if you are full/satisfied.
If there was a limit on fruit it wouldn't be superfree.
Just follow the plans and don't question it :)

Of course someone will be along who says they only have one banana a day, or don't lose weight if they eat grapes....... BUT, the it's there in the books. Superfree.

whay jaylou said,

enjoy the fruity goodness. xx

As has been said above, it's super free! Don't worry, I eat a banana every breakfast time and if I'm peckish late at night that's what I reach for first. Apple and plums during the day as snack, pineapple after lunch if I've remembered to buy the ready chopped one! Love strawberries too but more for in the summer.

i found my losses quicker in th summer than they are now that its winter, and I reckon I was eating way more fruit in the summer than I am now!

Today I've had 400g of pineapple for breakfast, an apple and banana as a snack and I'm going to have a punnet of raspberries later if I'm hungry.

I don't find that eating fruit a negative part of SW at all. I think that if you try and analyse the plan there's not much point doing it - you may as well count calories. I like it because I know I can just reach for certain foods.

I think that if you try and analyse the plan there's not much point doing it.

Got to agree with the above. Questioning and doubting the plan will only make it harder to stick to in the long run. SW is about eating healthy for life and part of a healthy diet is fruit and veg.

If you wanna have fruit, it's there and can be enjoyed as part of SW. But remember, if you'd rather not eat a lot of fruit, there is nothing to say you have to eat lots of it either. There are plenty of other super free and free foods to be enjoyed!

I eat loads of fruit and have done since starting slimming world, breakfast always involves fruit unless its a cooked one and then I often have some fruit mid morning as well.
I'd say I have at least 5 portions of fruit a day.

This week is a bit different as we're completely skint at the moment but I've still had loads

today I've already had, pineapple, apple, kiwi, 2 plums and will have a banana and an orange later. Considering also having some rice pud with mixed berries in (but because of the money thing might leave that and save them for when we've run out of fresh fruit) not sure when we're going shopping but will hold off as long as possible before going, hopefully will make it to Saturday.

All you can do it try and figure out how much suits you. It's superfree so not resticted...but we'll all have our personal restrictions, it's know when too much is too much for YOU, you might be able to eat banana til they come out of your ears and lose well...whereas if i eat more than 2 i won't lose. My mum was always strawberries, she'd gain when she'd eat them even though they are superfree AND superspeed. It's all trial and error to find how much suits you.

thanks everyone..... i love fruit and when you start looking into it on the internet it says its bad thats what i found strange. So i will carry on enjoying it.
thanks for your support

I eat so much fruit! Today I have had blueberries, blackberries, apple and banana! We get it free in work! If the plan says I can eat it then I'm having it ;-)

I eat so much fruit! Today I have had blueberries, blackberries, apple and banana! We get it free in work! If the plan says I can eat it then I'm having it ;-)

I want a job in the same place as you!

Back