Is The Food Week Break After 4 Weeks Necessary?

angieb63

Having done Sole Source for 12 weeks without a break a few years ago which is the Cambridge Diet's equivalent to Exante Total Solution 100% is it necessary to take a food week break every 4 weeks and increase your calorie intake to 1200kcals per day as stated in the Exante blurb? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Angie x

Hi. There are quite a few posts about this already. Exante is not monitored as other VLCDs are and so to cover themselves they ask you to take a food break. Some people also think that is you're 100% but losses are slowing adding a meal can kick start you. Listen to your body and NOT your head, e.g if your feeling weak etc at week 5 aam, don't worry about it slowing you down.
Personally I'm going to TRY to do 10 weeks without, although I never managed that on Cambridge SS and still lost 5st in 4 months.

Good luck on your Exante journey

Definitely a sticky about this. I don't food break up to 1200 for a week as It's impossibe in my situation (I eat no fats due to gall stones). This week I was on holiday with the family and I just made veggie soup with the allowed stock and had a couple egg whites. I never had more than 100cals added a day.

Some just add milk for a week to their shakes for a kick start too if you don't fancy food.

I personally feel adding multi vitamin would do a world of good especially if you don't food break. Listen to your body it will let you know when you need to eat.

Last edited:
they say it's necessary to cover themselves but i find it very helpful personally. i've found that my weight can stall for a few days so i have a light meal and the next day or so i'll have shifted a few more pounds!

Back