Is the time right

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Miss Fenella, 9 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Miss Fenella

Miss Fenella Full Member

I have been down a bit lately and yesterday for me brought into focus how much I really want to eat.

Not mind blowing gourmet food but regular things like apples, citrus etc

Now I have been on LL for nearly 4 months and have done well with no cheating or lapses. Even when I was ill I carried on with the diet BUT I now feel I am ready to start eating. I miss the familial thing of sitting down together and TBH I am sick to death of shakes - the cackky taste they leave in my mouth is driving me to distraction.

So, I have been thinking about W8 where you can eat limited amounts each day or even going into management now on LL.

I still have a fair old bit to lose but am confident I can do this and eat - it will just be slower.

I just needed to get down how I was feeling. Will spend today thinking about what I want to do next.

Thanks for reading

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    THat is sort of what I am fearing when I get in to this for a few months. Just the possibility that sheer boredom will one day finally get to me. In these early days, I feel absolutely committed and no deisre to change anything, but I can certainly understand how youmust be feeling Miss F.

W8 does sound like an interesting plan, and I have seen some good losses on their posts too.

You have 30 pounds to go, so less then three months, Is that right? It's a hard call. Its not a HUGE amount of time left, but I think once your mind starts ticking, it can get a bit tricky staying motivated? Thats how it is for me anyway.

Good tto put your thoughts down, you will get lots of advice. But listen to your gut insticts - reallly listen. If you feel you can go now and start to eat healthy once a day and stick to that, then thats a very good option. But if you feel at all usnure or doubtful, maybe RTM is a better option.

Hard call - wish you luck with you choice. :)

Miss Fenella likes this.
  4. Miss Fenella

Miss Fenella Full Member

I suppose part of me feels I am giving up with the job half done - which I am.

Am spending the day in the garden which is tough with zero energy but, allows some thinking time. I am 90% sure I will stick it until the end of March as I committed to myself.

Just having a whinge really :D

5. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    Ello Miss F xx

Sorry ur feeling down and "fed up" with the shakes... I think I've been on it roughly the same time - It's week 13 for me... and I am feeling exactly the same but know I will not lose the same amount on any other diet as this one... Have you thought about switching to CD as they apparently have more flavours etc??? xx

Miss Fenella likes this.
  6. Miss Fenella

Miss Fenella Full Member

Hi Claire - it's not the taste really it's the ingredients - I think milk and I do not mix as I have a very furry tongue and mouth.

I can't wait to eat because I want something fresh and zingy rather than powdery and milky!

I'll keep going I think but maY HAVE TO HAVE AN APPLE SOME DAY SOON!

7. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Have you made any decisions yet Miss F? I can understand where you are coming from on this - how are you at only eating a limited amount though? You see I know that that's not for me, I need the whole abstinence thing to get the weight off before I look at eating food but we are all different.

If you did stick with LL you're only looking at being on abstinence I'd say for another 2 months and then RTM would kick in - do you feel in your heart of hearts that you can do that? If not then maybe W8 (which to be honest I know nothing about - not read up on it) is your best bet.

Miss Fenella likes this.
  8. Sappho

Sappho Full Member

Its funny how its the fresh things we fancy eating now (well me anyway!), I was convinced I would crave chocolate and junk but actually an apple seems far more appetising now.

I think you should go with whatever feels right for you but I guess it would be hard to go back to abstinance once you leave it so you are wise in taking a few days to have a think.

You have done so well so far :)

Miss Fenella likes this.
  9. lighterlifeclaire

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Ah... well from experience... I used to eat a pile of junk and for the first 8 weeks (ish) all I craved was some fresh fruit, or lettuce, or something like that... Xmas came along (on my week 7 I think) and I ate turkey etc... couldn't get myself back on track after that and to be honest, it's been the same ever since. I eat for a day, then I'm back on it strictly for a few days, then I go and eat again - even if it is just an apple, or something. Anything.

Just in case u were thinking of doing it... (which i don't know if u were) don't lapse just to eat an apple... it is the hardest thing getting back on to it... 6 weeks after xmas and everyday is a struggle for me... If I was to start LL again I would go the whole length with nothing atall :sigh::(

mustdoit likes this.
  10. Miss Fenella

Miss Fenella Full Member

sorry you are having a tough time Claire - it is good to come here for support though and I hope my mulling hasn't made you think of food!

I have less to go than I have been abstaining - it's a matter of weeks isn't it! Silly me. I am going to hang on for my apple!

11. reshmus

reshmus Member

:) I know what you mean about the apple Miss F., I was sitting across from this woman eating an apple during a meeting on thursday and an Apple never looked that good or that inviting before. :)

I just posted about dating.. I can't help but wonder, if I was doing some other programme that involved food, my life would maybe feel a little more normal.. something like Slimming world.. (not that I know much about it).

It just feels like I have to wait so much longer.. But I am sure nothing else would work as quick as this... So my suggestion to you is, if you can stand it, wait... you really have maybe 8 or 9 more weeks to go... You are nearly there ;) and then that apple will be even more amazing...

Miss Fenella likes this.
  12. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Hey Reshmus...:)

Have a look at my thread comparing LL to Slimming World!!! It miles longer the LL...its a good diet, but you must have patience and self control....and generally all the weigh comes right back onl I pulled out my old books and was astounded at the lenght of time and the small amount of weight I lost! It is an interesting comparisom!

anyway...hope you are well!! :D

13. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

Diet:
    atkins

whole hearted agree with what you say xx

14. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I agree - I am sorry you suffered and found it so difficult Claire - but take heart , you have helped a lot of us new starters by seeing the importance of staying on track. I know it didn;t help you, but youare dealing with it now, with all our support - but it wasn't in vain - you have helped others. I hope this is coming across right - its meant as a compliment. Its sometimes hard to put on here what you really mean!!! :)

15. lighterlifeclaire

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    I'm glad I've helped... alot of people have said that to me and its really spurred me on!!! :D

Don't eat!!!!! Food is baaaaaaaad :cool: AHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

16. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Thats right!!

<over the tannoy> STEP AWAY FROM THE FOOD!! FOOD IS NOT YOUR FRIEND!! :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.