Is there a calculation to work out Syn values?s?

Chicaloca

Silver Member
I know on WW there is, just wondering if SW has one too?!

Oh BTW, Hi everyone! Im new, joining SW on Tues just getting a heads up here first :clap:

When you join group on Tuesday you will gain access to the SW site which has an online syns calculator you can use, you will also receive your food optimising book that has lists of syns.

I think a few people on here have suggested that around 20cals is 1 syn approximately but maybe someone who knows more about it can confirm that for me.

I hope you enjoy your first SW meeting! :)

Edit: oh there we go, someone got in there before me

I thought there was more to it than 20 cals = 1 syn. :confused:
Doesn't it depend what day you're on and the protein, carb and fat values? I know when you're calculating online they don't just ask for calories - they want to know what day you're on, how many cals, grams of protein, carbs and fat there are in the food too. I always check online for syn values just to be sure.

Thanks everyone, just wanted to know in case I'm not near a pc!

Looking fwd to tues and reporting back next week :)

I thought there was more to it than 20 cals = 1 syn. :confused:
Doesn't it depend what day you're on and the protein, carb and fat values? I know when you're calculating online they don't just ask for calories - they want to know what day you're on, how many cals, grams of protein, carbs and fat there are in the food too. I always check online for syn values just to be sure.

I think there is a bit more to it but the 20cals to 1 syn is just a guideline for when you don't have access to the calculator.

I think there is a bit more to it but the 20cals to 1 syn is just a guideline for when you don't have access to the calculator

Ooooh well thats handy to know esp as i'm away next weekend! Thanks. xx

Oh BTW, Hi everyone! Im new, joining SW on Tues just getting a heads up here first :clap:

:welcome:
How very rude of me! I forgot to say hello, welcome and good luck! I'm sure you won't need it though. Sending positive vibes your way!
:vibes::vibes::vibes:

Back