Is there any breastfeeding sw mummies on here

As the title suggests...just wanted to know if there are any sw members who are also bf. My little girl will be 2 in July we still feed on demand (at least she is now sleeping through the night thank goodness ) xx

As the title suggests...just wanted to know if there are any sw members who are also bf. My little girl will be 2 in July we still feed on demand (at least she is now sleeping through the night thank goodness ) xx

Hi! Ive just started a thread on the breastfeeding thread. I joined SW this week. I have a 4 year old daughter and a 1 month old son which I BF. Sleeping through the night is nowhere in sight for me lol

Hey! EBF Mummy here of 5 month old girl. I'm pretty new to Slimming world.

Does anyone else feel like the extra healthy extra's are hindering their losses?? :sigh2:

Hey! EBF Mummy here of 5 month old girl. I'm pretty new to Slimming world.

Does anyone else feel like the extra healthy extra's are hindering their losses?? :sigh2:

I only start SW on Tuesday so I don't know yet but I fear they will, but I know they are important to make sure we get the extra calcium needed. How much have you been losing on average per week? Im hoping to lose 1lb per week. I seem to be eating a lot more since I started but healthier food which I hope reflects in a loss!

I lost 6lb my first week so I was really happy with that, but then both the weeks after I had really bad weekends, managed to still lose a pound both weeks though (putting that down to the powers of breastfeeding?). This week I'm determined to stick to the plan, my weigh-in is Friday so we'll see. I think I'm more likely to snack now, but I make sure it's fruit or veggies etc. so definitely better then snacking less and eating a half a huge toffee cake to myself for breakfast like I was (I also want to put this down to breastfeeding and the madness of the newborn days!) :8855:

Hi :) so glad I'm not alone.

My hex is down to on extra hex a as Jess is 21 months old. Tomorrow is my second weigh in

the whole, you'll lose weight if u bf was sooo wrong for me lol x

Me too kellyanne, i put 3 stone on with my first pregnancy and weight didnt move until i stopped bf at 11 months when i tried to eat better and exercise more but it never all came off. I was gutted it didnt just fall off like some people say. Ive gained 1 stone with this pregnancy but im prepared that if i want to lose it ive got to do something about it and this seemed like the best diet to be compatible with bf.

Lolie... WOW 6lb?! I don't feel like ive lost anything 5 days into it so I know mine wont be near that (if any!)

Are you eating all 15 syns as well as HE's?

hope tomorrows weigh in goes well kellyanne :) x

Good luck with weigh in - I also thought breastfeeding would give me food immunity! Unfortunately not, I gained 4 stone in pregnancy (although I had a 9lb13oz girl so it's not AS bad as it sounds) and then managed to put on a further stone in three months whilst breastfeeding because I thought I could get away with it.

I mostly have all my syns although not everyday. I really didn't think I was going to have a loss either because I was eating chocolate everyday! within my syn allowance, so I'm sure you will have a loss too.

Me too kellyanne, i put 3 stone on with my first pregnancy and weight didnt move until i stopped bf at 11 months when i tried to eat better and exercise more but it never all came off. I was gutted it didnt just fall off like some people say. Ive gained 1 stone with this pregnancy but im prepared that if i want to lose it ive got to do something about it and this seemed like the best diet to be compatible with bf.

Lolie... WOW 6lb?! I don't feel like ive lost anything 5 days into it so I know mine wont be near that (if any!)

Are you eating all 15 syns as well as HE's?

hope tomorrows weigh in goes well kellyanne :) x

Good luck with weigh in - I also thought breastfeeding would give me food immunity! Unfortunately not, I gained 4 stone in pregnancy (although I had a 9lb13oz girl so it's not AS bad as it sounds) and then managed to put on a further stone in three months whilst breastfeeding because I thought I could get away with it.

I mostly have all my syns although not everyday. I really didn't think I was going to have a loss either because I was eating chocolate everyday! within my syn allowance, so I'm sure you will have a loss too.

I'm breastfeeding, my little girl is 7 weeks old. I lost 5lb my first week and on my second week now but I just can't seem to get motivated and have any willpower. I was doing slimming world when I got pregnant and lost 2 stone and I was really in to it. I so badly want to get in my normal clothes but I'm just really struggling with it. I love the recipes but I just keep eating little bits of chocolate or anything sweet and having butter and not synning it thinking it won't matter xx

Hi Carly, maybe you need a few more weeks before you start, to get your head around things and think about the reasons you want to do the plan. You have a lot going on right now so don't be too hard on yourself! Why don't you do a few weeks making smaller changes to your diet to ease you in to the plan. I find looking at a photograph of me before pregnancy a small motivator. Also I am taking a photgraph of everything I eat and sending it to my mum who has joined with me (online not a group), is there anybody you could do that with? Or maybe start a food diary on here. Sorry to not be much help ☺️ X

Back