Is there any point continuing????

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by millykitten, 26 February 2009 Social URL.

1. millykitten

millykitten New Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.78%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I am going to buy a big bag of crisps. Walkers onion barghi crisps. Been thinking about them all morning and want to eat them for my lunch uuummm.

Sorry, I’m just sooo bored.

I don’t necessarily feel hungry but I can’t just drink shakes.

Was so looking forward to making the “crisps” yesterday evening after reading through all the CD recipes. They don’t really work do they?

Tried the “muffin” and the “crisps/ popudoms” didn’t work and just tasted more disgusting than usual.

I’m only 3 days in. If I have so little will power, is there any point continuing?????

:break_diet: :wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Fatfrog

Fatfrog Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Hi I know exactly how u feel, On my very first week I felt the way you do now so I went through all the CD products I had and then decided on the ones I liked most, I love the porridge apple and cinamon and the ordinary one. I ordered 21 of these the next week and they really fill you up.
    It is normally day 3/4 that are the hardest and if you can hang on today without eating the crisps maybe tomorrow you will be in ketosis and you wont feel hungry.
    I hope it works out for you, the beginning is the hardest part and the diet does get easier I promise. I am loving it now especially this morning when I had to put a hole in my belt cos it was too big and my trousers were falling down. Take care and good luck to you :)

4. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    What shakes are you having ? are you having a good variation ? I'm on my 3rd day too and actually enjoying it - I can notice a difference already in my clothes and that's boosting me.
    Are you also drinking the water ?

5. andju

andju I lurve lurve lurve bars

Diet:
    slim and save
    Hi,it doesnt really sound like ss is for you at the moment,its as much about your mind being in the right place as anything else,I have known people to do ss on one flavour only all the way through as they were determined to see it through.You could maybe try the tetras the crisps and muffins are fine if you get them right,but dont taste like the real thing.Maybe you should think about moving up the plans,maybe do 1000 that way you are still incorporating real food and only need 2 packs a day,that way maybe you might be able to move down the plans to ss later,good luck whatever you decide
    xx

6. Serena A

Serena A Can't think of a title

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(40.38%)
    Diet:
    Maintaining, was on CD
    The crisps will still be there for you to eat after you've lost weight.

Or.....

Your fat will still be there after you've eaten the crisps and given up CD.

Entirely your choice.

1974rach likes this.
  7. (Land of) Maz

(Land of) Maz Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    Shake That Weight

C'mon babes! don't give in so soon....

there are loads of products to try, and if you really can't stomach the ones you've already tried then go swap them with your CDC... plus you can get a little motivational pep talk from them too maybe?

I can handle the shakes if i blend them properly, they just don't taste the same if you shake them by hand... instead of buying stinky bhaji crisps, got to nearest argoose and invest in a £4 blender and see if that makes things more palatable...

And drink loads of lovely iced water... if you're forcing down tepid lukewarm water, it's not easy... cold water is more satifying i find...

stick with minimins and you'll overcome this craving, you'll be glad you did....

(if you must cheat, don't make it crisps... have a wee slice of ham or a piece of chicken.... )

8. British_Claire_84

British_Claire_84 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb

I love your straight talking Serena!! That's the kind of motivation I love! Yay! x :D

Serena A likes this.
  9. Lola

Lola Regular Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(7.39%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Love it! Ive copied that into a file Im making for times when i feel like crumbling, thnks!

Serena A likes this.
  10. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    You took the words right out of my mouth - I wish I could think of something to say like that off the top of my head !
    Fantastic !!!!

11. Nibbles

Nibbles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(24.86%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Ditto.

Serena A likes this.
  12. (Land of) Maz

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    Shake That Weight
    To be fair to OP, blunt posts like that can sometimes be a bit full on too... if someone doesn't know the boards and the level of support friendship that can come from minimins...

So as succint as it was, i hope Milly wasn't shocked by the blunt tone... tough love is not always the right thing either....

that's said with the greatest of respect to Serena, who's came so far on CD and who's opinion is much respected and from great experience i'm sure....

13. British_Claire_84

British_Claire_84 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Yes you're right on that one Maz, I just meant that straight talking is what works for me that's all. I hope millykitten sees through it all and refrained from the crisps in the end :) It is definately a v.v.hard battle with your mind at times though, I whole heartedly agree.

14. (Land of) Maz

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    Shake That Weight
    Thanks Claire.... was worried i'd offend everyone....

Milly - any news on the crisps?

15. millykitten

millykitten New Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.78%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hey All,

Thanks for the support. It all helped. Don’t worry about me being offended, it’s not possible.

Liked that “fat will still be there line” ….lol kind of Talk show ish…v funny..

16. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well.. no one can force you, but site shows it works.. the recipes aren't recommended for teh first couple of weeks and I read from a CDC last night that cooking/freezing should only happen on your 4th shake of the day.. just thought I'd mention that as didn't know myself till last night! lol

As for giving up.. if you want to.. then you'll be back to square one.

If you want to lose weight you have to give yourself a chance. A chance to get used to the diet, and more will power comes after the first weigh in :)

Have a read through this site.. honestly If that's not motivation then you'll never suceed at any diet. ((hugs))

Hope you manage to stick to it - as for Crisps.. I wish the planet was covered in them, I'd be a size 0 for sure.. as am really and truly not bothered by them! :p

17. Lisa-Lashes

Lisa-Lashes Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(16.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    When I first started on SS - I found that the one thing that works for me when it comes to the shakes is to blend them with crushed ice - I prefer the consistancy that way.

My fav is the cappuchino or vanilla with a spoonful of coffee added YUMYUM

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Lisa-Lashes

Lisa-Lashes Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(16.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh and they seem really filling that way

20. mellie

mellie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(28.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    You are 3 day's in this can be your turning point stay with it x

21. Oinkstop

Oinkstop Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(10.28%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge USA
    I know that I'm chiming in a little late on this thread (darn you, timezones!) but I wanted to say that I think you really need to decide what's important to you.

You need to decide whether the immediate, short-term gratification of having a bag of crisps is more important than losing the weight you want to lose. Since I noticed you don't have huge amounts of weight like some of us, perhaps you might be happier on a program that involves some food, or even another diet entirely.

In the end, you are the one who has to live in your body, and those decisions are for you, not anyone else, to make.

22. mum of 4 boys

mum of 4 boys Collette

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Not sure which way to go yet ! ?
    Hi I dont have any shakes as I dont like them at all . I have the cd porridge in the morning , a Chocolate velvet cd box drink for lunch and a bar for tea ( I have the peanut and the cranberry ) . I have alot of sparkling water nice and cold from the fridge with ice , as I find it more interesting than tap water . I have had the bars from week one as I would have given up with the skakes . I still lost 8 lb in week 1 and 6 lb in week 2 . You have to do whats going to work for you . Good Luck !! As for crisps I love them thats half my problem !!! I try to buy the ones I dont like for the rest of the family so I dont get tempted . Good Luck .

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.