Is there any point in 'refeeding' when coming off Exante?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Lord LuLu, 10 November 2011 Social URL.

1. Lord LuLu

Lord LuLu Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7.59%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Have been reading about 'refeeding' low carb etc to prevent excessive weight gain after being on a VLCD.

I am planning on having 7 days off over Xmas and will literally be straight back on Exante afterwards. So is there any point in 'refeeding' in the week before I go on to normal Xmas-y type foods (won't be going mad but won't be sticking to low carb etc).

It seems that if I am going to be eating carbs etc on the Xmas week and am almost certain to put weight on then I may as well skip the 'refeeding' week beforehand and stick to Exante only getting the benefit of the higher weight loss from Exante over a refeed week.

So the options are:

5 weeks Exante, 1 week refeed, 1 week eating Xmas food, back on Exante.

or

6 weeks Exante, 1 week eating Xmas food, back on Exante.

What do people think would be best?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. FakeFrowns

FakeFrowns Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.2lb(2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've been thinking about this too, i'm having 3 days off over xmas either 24-26th or 25-27th as i'm going to a chinese buffet one of those days but unsure as to which day. I know for sure it'll kick me out of ketosis as I plan on going completely off plan, not bothering with low carb. I think as its only a week, or in my case 3 days, of being off plan, there's no point in refeeding as it will just slow down your descent out of ketosis. Someone may disagree with me but I know i'd rather take 3 whole days off eat sensibly making right choices then get straight back on the wagon. I think if I had a week before hand of gradually increasing meals, it would be too much and i'd get a taste for food!
    FF :eek:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.