Is this a suitable meal plan?

slinkybride2be

Silver Member
Hi everyone, am new to this site an was hoping you could tell me if this is a suitable mealplan to be combined with 5x 30minute workouts a week (mikayla dodds DVD) and a weight loss goal of 5 stone loss in 5 months:

Breakfast:
Special k with skimmed milk

Lunch:
Tescos light choices cup of soup and a weightwatchers vanilla yoghurt

Snack:
Apple or banana

Dinner:
Quorn fillet with baby new pots and broccoli, sprouts, carrots and leeks (all steamed)

Any advice/tips gratefully received! Thanks x

Haha I just made it up myself lol! Why should I be adding to it then? I really haven't a clue! x

*what

That sounds healthy but low calorie. Low calorie is good but not under 1000 or 1200 calories. So I think you could add:
- one piece (or cup) of fruit to go with lunch and one slice of brown (or rye) bread with hummus
- your dinner sounds very ballanced; so I just would add a piece of fruit or a cup of yogurt for dessert there ;)

I think these few extras are enough.

Are you new to dieting/healthy eating?

If so aim for drinking at least 2 litres of water a day (warm herbal teas and water woth lemon can help it if you doesn't like plain water;))

xxx

That sounds healthy but low calorie. Low calorie is good but not under 1000 or 1200 calories. So I think you could add:
- one piece (or cup) of fruit to go with lunch and one slice of brown (or rye) bread with hummus
- your dinner sounds very ballanced; so I just would add a piece of fruit or a cup of yogurt for dessert there ;)

I think these few extras are enough.

Are you new to dieting/healthy eating?

If so aim for drinking at least 2 litres of water a day (warm herbal teas and water woth lemon can help it if you doesn't like plain water;))

xxx

Definitely, I think lunch is the meal which needs to be bulked up a little. You could have a sandwich with that cup of soup for 150 cals (use nimble bread and if you're veggie, the quorn deli meats are actually fairly nice).

Although there was a recent discussion on the CC boards about how many calories you should take in, I would recommend signing up to a website and seeing what I recommend. The one that appears to be used most here is Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com but I use Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople They both provide ideal calorie and excercise totals you should be meeting each week.

You can also work it out for yourself by finding out your BMR. You can then create a calorie defecit of about 500 calories from the calories consumed (say your bmr was 1800, aim to eat 1300 calories) and burn 500 extra calories a day in excercise (this sounds like alot but is actually easy to achieve - it sounds like your DVD will get you there anway). Adding all this together will result in a round about 2lb loss a week.

It is obviously though, up to you. You need to work out what is right for you without being detrimental to your health. If you feel you need to drop below 1200calories a day, please, please, please consult a GP before you do it as studies have shown there are alot of health risks associated with taking in too many calories.

Thanks Aline! Well sort of new, I have lost a stone since February but that was purely through eating smaller portions or eating very little. I found that with this i lost 7lbs in the first week and then only a pound or less each week. So yeah you could say I am new to all this! I am hoping the healthy/balanced eating and exercise will work better for me. Love water so that shouldn't be a problem! Although I hate ryvita! How about one slice of granary toast instead? And then maybe as you said another piec of fruit after dinner? Thanks for your advice I just really havent a clue! x

Thankyou leighleigh, I do us myfitnesspal already although not with this new balanced eating so hopefully this will make a difference! x

I love ryvita with a bit of cottage cheese, tomato and pepper on it! Have you tried them with different things?

To br fair I probably haven't given tem a fair go butbi think it is just the consistency of them that makes me dislike! But I love cottage cheese so may try that thanks x

Thanks Aline! Well sort of new, I have lost a stone since February but that was purely through eating smaller portions or eating very little. I found that with this i lost 7lbs in the first week and then only a pound or less each week. So yeah you could say I am new to all this! I am hoping the healthy/balanced eating and exercise will work better for me. Love water so that shouldn't be a problem! Although I hate ryvita! How about one slice of granary toast instead? And then maybe as you said another piec of fruit after dinner? Thanks for your advice I just really havent a clue! x

Oh, you're welcome;) After all this is a support forum:)
Granary toast is very healthy because it isn't made with plain white flour, so that's a great choice. Try to stay away from refined carbs like white sugar, white flour products, etc. and you'll be fine. The small sandwich idea at lunch from leighleigh sounds very good.

Keep doing those dvd workouts, drinking lots of water and doing your eating plan with the added carbs to lunch and fruits during the day and dinner and you'll lose weight in a healthy way:)

xx

Back