Green Days Is this really going to work?!

amy2307

Hi...I just wanted a few opinions....after completely losing the plot a few weeks ago and having a five pound gain (eeek) i had a brill week last week and only lost 1.5 pounds...however im now starting day 11 of being 100 % so hoping for a better loss on tuesday....however i have stuck to it completely..meaning iv had the right healthy extras and around 5 syns, but every night at around 8pm iv been wanting stodge....so iv been having a bowl of couscous made up with water and sprinkled with sweetner....i think this is making me a little bloated however im having it because its free....but if i look at the calories...would i not be better off having a few more syns and say having a piece of toast?! I dont want to ruin my weight loss by having couscous if i could be having chocolate or bread...does this make sense?!

Thank you xx

I don't think it will harm you in anyway having more syns. I wouldn't stick to just 5 if I were you.
Also you say you "only lost 1.5 pounds"
That is a good loss, so try not to aim too high as you may be disappointed. 1 to 2 pounds a week is good, and healthy.
Variety is a good thing, so perhaps have that toast or some SW chips as a nibble, if the couscous is making you feel bloated.
Also how about a rice pudding made with muller light. It is yum and free!

Last edited:
I think you would feel less bloated if you have toast instead of couscous.
I don't do green days very often but did one yesterday and feel very bloated and yukky today, which reminds me of why I don't do them!

I don't think it will harm you in anyway having more syns. I wouldn't stick to just 5 if I were you.
Also you say you "only lost 1.5 pounds"
That is a good loss, so try not to aim too high as you may be disappointed. 1 to 2 pounds a week is good, and healthy.
Variety is a good thing, so perhaps have that toast or some SW chips as a nibble, if the couscous is making you feel bloated.
Also how about a price pudding made with muller light. It is yum and free!

Thanks for your reply...i know 1.5 is a good loss, but after putting on 5 i was hoping for a little more! :) And please tell me what is price pudding?! If its called pudding it must be good!!

Thanks for your reply...i know 1.5 is a good loss, but after putting on 5 i was hoping for a little more! :) And please tell me what is price pudding?! If its called pudding it must be good!!

That's a typo, sorry :eek:... that should be rice pudding... too early in the morning for my brain!

I'm a vegetarian and follow EE and GD all the time, in the evenings if I really fancy a nibble I have light babybels in my fridge, FF activia yogurt (the vanilla one is yum!), Alpen lights or Ryvita fruit crunch.

The other night I just NEEDED something, so I had 2 activia FF with an Alpen dunked in, hehe. Ryvita fruit crunch are delicious broken up into bits in a sandwich bag and dunked into strawberry yogurt (I use Onken for my strawberry). All very satisfying.

I love ryvita fruit crunch its just im determined not to go over my syns so i pick couscous....

and how do you make free rice pudding please??

You can have 2 as a HEB.

I love ryvita fruit crunch its just im determined not to go over my syns so i pick couscous....

and how do you make free rice pudding please??

You are allowed more than 5 syns a day. I have 10 syns a day.

The free rice pudding is pudding rice boiled in water. When it's cooled a bit stir in a yogurt, you might need sweetener too. I don't like at all it done this way, I prefer to use my Hea of milk.

how do you make free rice pudding please??

There are a few variations in the recipe section but I just use boiled rice, add muller light (banana or vanilla are really nice in this) and pop it in the microwave to warm, or eat it cold.

I think having only 5 syns a day will hinder your weight loss, and may stop it entirely.

5 is the minimum I know, but you should really have more unless your SWC has instructed you to go lower for some reason.

I always have minimum 10, maximum 15, usually 12/13.

Reducing your syn intake is useful if you aren't losing, but you are. If you reduce it now, THEN stop losing - you have nowhere to turn. And it is a slippery slope leading to loss of confidence in the plan, more off-plan binges, etc.

You had a bad moment and put on 5lbs? Fair enough, we all do it. You've done the hard part in realising it, being honest with yourself about it, and knowing you need to refocus.

But you now need to forget about that 5lb. It is part of you now, the fact you put it on is irrelevant.

Just get back on plan normally, use more of your syns, you WILL lose the 5lb, and more.

Good luck :)

I think having only 5 syns a day will hinder your weight loss, and may stop it entirely.

5 is the minimum I know, but you should really have more unless your SWC has instructed you to go lower for some reason.

I always have minimum 10, maximum 15, usually 12/13.

Reducing your syn intake is useful if you aren't losing, but you are. If you reduce it now, THEN stop losing - you have nowhere to turn. And it is a slippery slope leading to loss of confidence in the plan, more off-plan binges, etc.

You had a bad moment and put on 5lbs? Fair enough, we all do it. You've done the hard part in realising it, being honest with yourself about it, and knowing you need to refocus.

But you now need to forget about that 5lb. It is part of you now, the fact you put it on is irrelevant.

Just get back on plan normally, use more of your syns, you WILL lose the 5lb, and more.

Good luck :)

I wish i had a bad moment...i completely fell off the wagon!! :( Never mind its happened now!!

And i know i am allowed more than 5 syns....but iv always had 5....i just find i dont normally need them but this week i feel like i could eat more!!

Back