is this weight loss normal ?

Hi all - im getting a bit worried about my weight loss ? At nearly 20 stone im very heavy - i have stuck to the diet ridgidly and im on day 5 - i would have expected to see great results on the scales by now , but they dont seem to have moved at all !! They are new scales and im really hoping they are faulty !! Either way its slightly disheartening :( . That aside im feeling positive and focussed on the diet !! X

Hi i have about the same amount as you to lose! If i was you i would not weigh yourself at home and leave it to your CDC and that way you see a bigger loss at the end of the week and it gives you a bigger boost! :D Thats what i like anyway. Wont be long and you will be dropping them stones like anything hehe! Good luck hope to see you around the site more :) xx

Natasha's right, go by your CDC's scales to get a proper reading, if you have stick to it 100% there's no way you wouldn't have lost.
After you're W.I compare your weight with what your scales say at home then you will know if there is any difference between the 2 x

Ahh thanks girls your absolutley right !! Im not sure why i bought the bloody things !! Yes i will definitly be comparing the 2 scales ! When i said stuck ridgidly i meant minus the piece of ham i tucked into yesterday !! Lol xx

Haha that's not to bad for first week :p
If you NEED to munch something stick to low fat meat like chicken & turkey. Ham won't take you out of ketosis but it has alot of nitrates in it which are no good x

Oh bugger ! Does it ! Oh im going to go and buy some chicken incase of an emergency then - i would rather reach for that then the crisps and bread !!

Meats like ham & bacon do have alot unfortunately... maybe that's what makes them so tasty lol

Not everyone gets all the symptoms, some are bad taste in mouth, dry mouth, headaches, white specks in your urine and lack of hunger.

You could try using a ketostix but they aren't 100% accurate, best chance of a proper reading is first thing in the moning.

i started at 19st 4, and only lost 5.5lbs in my first nine days. At the time it hurt like a wound, but at that weight, you're in this for the long run. it will come off, it will even out, and the first week losses don't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

good luck though.

spangles said:
i started at 19st 4, and only lost 5.5lbs in my first nine days. At the time it hurt like a wound, but at that weight, you're in this for the long run. it will come off, it will even out, and the first week losses don't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

good luck though.

Thanks x your so right x

me? 5st 8.5lbs in five months and one week. 32lbs to go.

there is hope for us all. wish i'd realised this diet would work for me years ago.

Back