Extra Easy Is this where it all goes wrong?

kaz3804

Silver Member
So for last 18 and half weeks I have been totally imbedded in sw. My whole family have, we've embraced it hook line and sinker. And I'm so happy to be 2st 12lbs down my journey to being 6st lighter. I've embraced exercise - me exercise its unbelievable! I run (c25k) or do a 30 day shred work out every day!
Well that was until this week. I could list my excuses (so I will)
1. It's my daughters 4th birthday tomorrow so I HAD to make 40 cupcakes and large birthday cake and HAD to sample the butterceam several times to make sure the 4 yr olds would appreciate it!?
2. We're moving. So stress levels areHIGH.
3. It's fathers day next week so treats galore for hubby.

Now I know none of these things are valid excuses why it should all start to go wrong but all joined up they make 3 weeks of extra stress and celebration eating! I desperately don't want it to slip now but even this week my exercise routine has gone out window with the number of appointments/jobs to do linked to party or moving has meant I havn't done it :(
I plan all meals and eating in advance etc etc! Just desperate not to loose it now!
Sorry self indulgent winge over.

oh Kaz I think we all have times like this, life just seems to get in the way. At least you recognise that you are not being 100% draw a line under whats happened put in the past think about why you want to loose the weight and go for it! You've done so well its taken me a year to get the same weight off as you!

I agree x I lost 19lbs in 3 months then since february have maintained which is good i suppose but since my target weight is at least 9lbs away i would like to lose a little more lol. you got to take every day as it comes and if you do mess up just take a deep breath and start again xx

We def all have times like this. But what would be best is not letting one treat day lead to another as 'oh well I've blown it I might aswell' (we've all done this ! ) but except for those specific days stick to plan 100% and I'll bet you still have losses. What I would do also is maybe stick to a max of about 6or 7 syns per day for the days you are on plan. This then claws back some of the damage from the treat days. You're doing great!! Xx

I've got to where I am now with special occasions, holidays, weekend away, days out, all off plan and do you know what? It doesn't matter if you have an odd day/week off. It's how you pull yourself together and get back on plan when you want to that counts. After a week or two of eating crap you will feel crap, believe me I've been there, and you will be itching to get back on with slimming world and exercise x

Oh thank you everyone! All ur support and advise is brilliant! I don't really understand why I have such a mental hurdle about the next few weeks! I have come through some horrible personal issues while on sw and stuck at it! It's def a mental thing so I'm going to ride the storm of the next few weeks, reduce syns for majority of week to hopefully "allow" for the bad days when/if they come! In 3 weeks time i'll be in our new house (hopefully) and starting a fresh! And hopefully still nearly 3st closer to target! Thank u so much everyone!

Hi Kaz, I've read your thread and I'm so impressed with the effort you've made. Your weight loss is fantastic and it's so inspirational to read how sheer determination and has got you to this point. You've put your mind to it, got up and got on with it. Don't be too hard on yourself, you are doing brilliantly.

I hope your house move goes well hun and I'm in no doubt whatsover, that you will be back on track ASAP. Good luck with everything :)

Last edited:
Hi Kaz, I've read your thread and I'm so impressed with the effort you've made. Your weight loss is fantastic and it's so inspirational to read how sheer determination and has got you to this point. You've put your mind to it, got up and got on with it. Don't be too hard on yourself, you are doing a brilliantly.

I hope your house move goes well hun and I'm in no doubt whatsover, that you will be back on track ASAP. Good luck with everything :)

Awh thank you! I really am working so hard to do this! And so happy its paying off and pounds r coming off! I will def get there and i'll be a much healthier mummy to my girls! I am trying to stick to plan as much as physically possible over next few weeks! Good luck on ur journey too!

I would stop looking at it as 3 weeks worth of eating/celebrations & think it's TWO days of celebrations & maybe a few days of adaptive eating during the house move. Remember how much it's taken you to lose the weight & you don't want to have to lost those last 4/5/6+ lbs again? Just my twopence worth ;)

Well I had my extra 5 syns last night and have restricted myself to 10 today x only had 3 all day so done well x even turned down some tasty treats when i went to park for a picnic :D

I would stop looking at it as 3 weeks worth of eating/celebrations & think it's TWO days of celebrations & maybe a few days of adaptive eating during the house move. Remember how much it's taken you to lose the weight & you don't want to have to lost those last 4/5/6+ lbs again? Just my twopence worth ;)

Thank you. That's a great way of looking at it! I am planning food for move already! Things like sw quiche, pasta salad and a curry I will make in advance and freeze (cause hubby is insistant that it has to be takeaway on moving day!!!) I am feeling so much more positive I can keep it up! I got up today and went for my run and mentally planned this weeks dinners and the scheme of packing to aim to not get too stressed and turn to naughty food to compensate! I have to learn how to deal with these occassions and not rely on food to make it ok! Thank u for ur advise I def do not want to have to "re loose" any of my weight!

If you are having a takeaway on moving day, have a SW friendly one. I have a takeaway most weeks but just choose wisely and keep to within syns.

If you are having a takeaway on moving day, have a SW friendly one. I have a takeaway most weeks but just choose wisely and keep to within syns.

Yeah my hubby loves a curry I usually prefer the dry ones, like tandori chicken or tikka chicken and salad, however I now LOVE petes peanut curry and for 4.5 syns its well worth it! And I can make it this week and freeze it in a take away pot! And then I can use a few more syns to share a side with him like Bombay pots or chana massala! Yum! so gonna make moving worth while!!! K

I just wanted to thank u all for ur advice and support - it worked I lost 2lbs this week and got my 3st award! I'm now half way to target! So thank you it has made all the difference to keep me focused!

I just wanted to thank u all for ur advice and support - it worked I lost 2lbs this week and got my 3st award! I'm now half way to target! So thank you it has made all the difference to keep me focused!

Well done xx Minimims is really great for staying on track :D

Back