Is wafer thin ham allowed?

glammam

Ok, just finished reading the book and I am planning to start attack next week when I am over my cold. I know its says in the book that ham is ok, but I think I have read on here that you have to be careful what type? Would burnard matthews wafer thin ham and wafer thin turkey slices be ok?

Thanks

Every pre-packed wafer thin stuff I've ever come across, including the ones you have mentioned, are all quite high in salt and contain some forbidden ingredient!

I'm confused about the whole ham thing, maybe cooking a ham joint is better?

I'm confused too.. but I have bought weight watchers ham & Sainsburys Be Good To Yourself which wasn't so bad on the salt front.. and didn't contain extras if I remember correctly..

Also.. this might sound stupid but can you buy whole hams? or is that gammon? :eek::eek: because I don't think I've come across is..and I'd assume it would be classed as pork and then not allowed? oh all so confusing!

Would make such a change to have a nice bit of ham!

Ive got an unsmoked gammon joint in my freezer, sod it I might just cook it!

Ham ( wafer thin, low fat, low salt)is pork in a packet! U nana lol

Maybe it depends on which part of the porkey pig ur eating?

The ham debate has been going on for a long time on this forum.

I stay well away personally. It's salty and can cause a stall. If you must, go for "low fat" packages... and keep an eye on the scales and see if it affects your loss.

Ham is not ideal Dukan food, as it is both fattier and saltier than recommended.

But it is slightly less fatty than fresh pork, first because pigs intended for ham tend to be less fatty breeds, and because the some of most common curing and cooking processes (air drying and boiling) also tend to reduce the fat content a little further.

Back