Isabellas birth story as promised

kellymarie3488

Silver Member
Well where do I start! I had dinner at my patents on the Saturday had loose stools all day but nothing extreme but went to the loo later in the after noon and had another show, I had a feeling this was the beginning but didn’t tell anyone as I was sick of the false starts!!
Went home and had clinical sex like the midwife advised, OH went to work at 8 and the second he left I started getting pains but thought nothing of them as I often had strong BH after sex.
10pm got in the bath and had a text off my mum saying ‘your in labour arnt you!’ lol strange or what!! So she came over with my sister, just incase my daughter woke up (I had a home birth). They got here at 10.30, I still wasn’t in much pain but now knew that they were contractions but very irregular 5mins 15mins 3mis ect.
They got bad at about 11 so called midwife who came right away, still wasn’t in much pain so was shocked when she told me I was 7cm!!Oh also called john who arrived about 11. I was walking around and shocking the midwifes by laughing and joking. My waters still hadn’t broke but I wasn’t in much pain.
At 1.30 they got really painful and I asked for gas and air and asked her to break my waters as I was still only 8cm, as soon as my waters broke babies hear rate dipped to 60bmp so midwife called an ambulance but I had dilated fully and when ambulance arrived so did Isabella! Perfectly healthy apart from blue feet.
When she was born I had a cuddle fed her (breast) then had a bath whilst midwife was doing her checks, they then cleaned up the mess and went home leaving us to sleep in out bed with! Bliss!!!
It was a little scary when her hear rate dipped but when she came out screaming I couldn’t have been happier!
Hope ive not scared anyone off having a home birth as even tho we had a little scare I would definatly consider HB if we have another child! xxx

I am so glad the birth was as you planned and not too painful (you know what I mean) it sounds lovely to me and far from putting anyone off a home birth I would say that may encourage someone to think about it, hope you are all well and Isabella is settling in nicely, Take care Jo

Back