It can’t be done- or so they say

dragoneye454

Hi all,

Been debating whether to start a diary or not but after a weight fluctuation today that is getting me down, I’m thinking if I write it all I can see that I am still losing.

So hi, name is Stitch (well nickname anyway) and I am a foodaholic.

I’ve lost a stone and a half so far but I need to lose another 5 stone to get in the category to be eligible for fertility treatment.
I am also having a vow renewal in Orlando next November so a lot of goals to aim for.

The title is courtesy of my dad, he lives with me and my husband. I told him how much I had to lose and he said ‘no offence, but you won’t ever be that size. It’s not who you are. And if you did you would have to be miserable to get there’.
So here we are, hoping to prove him wrong.

My husband is also doing SW but he has an extremely active job now so things are a lot easier for him- I work from home. Sat in a chair, on a computer the entire day. Yeah not so fun.

My next goal is to lose another stone by October 23rd. This is when I meet up with my boss and I want to feel proud of the change in me.

After that, I want to have lost a total of 3 by Xmas. So no pressure.

Wish me luck, I might need it.

Day 1 (of thread) photo attached

Attachments

• FE182889-E4C8-4165-856E-41E4DF953C64.jpeg
    FE182889-E4C8-4165-856E-41E4DF953C64.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
You bloody well can do it!

Don't be a stranger x

So you work from home why not go out 30 mins before you start and walk to work.;) Exercise done before you start work.:)

You will do it as you have two important events ahead of you.:)

You bloody well can do it!

Don't be a stranger x

Thanks green eye. I think I can. I’ve come this far

So you work from home why not go out 30 mins before you start and walk to work.;) Exercise done before you start work.:)

You will do it as you have two important events ahead of you.:)

Hi craftermary, thanks for your comment. I am not a morning person so start of day is a no no but I take the dogs out during my lunch break and also go walking/ bike riding at the weekends so hopefully that counts towards it.
Thanks for the support 👌🏻

So the end of day one. I forgot to say weigh in is a Monday night.
The fluctuation this morning is still playing on my mind as I know I have been 💯 this week, but I just have to trust the process.
Finished the day on 8 1/2 syns.

This weeks discovery is the skinny bakery cakes. 2 syns for a little bite of heaven. They are so worth it.

How does everyone else feel about daily weighing and dealing with fluctuations?

You can do it if you want to and I'm sure that you do. What a great incentive! I started by cutting out sweets, biscuits, cakes and chocolate a few days go. I am waiting for a delivery of Exante shakes too. A friend and I will be going for a weekend away in December and I am determined to lose three stone by then. I have managed to lose five lbs already and haven't started Exante yet. it will be good to compare notes here with other new members.

You can do it if you want to and I'm sure that you do. What a great incentive! I started by cutting out sweets, biscuits, cakes and chocolate a few days go. I am waiting for a delivery of Exante shakes too. A friend and I will be going for a weekend away in December and I am determined to lose three stone by then. I have managed to lose five lbs already and haven't started Exante yet. it will be good to compare notes here with other new members.

Hey congrats. We will all be here to support.
That goal definitely gives you something to work towards

Hi Stich. I daily weigh. Sometimes I go up & mostly i go down. Did you know that according to research (the mind boggles), adults pass between 500g and 1.1kg of faeces a day! so add the fluctuation due to periods and fluid, then you should only daily weigh if you can be sanguine and stay on track if you tick up. For me, it helps. For others it may not.

I can't wait for you to prove your dad wrong - and prove him wrong long term. Trust in the SW system. Try new recipes - and experiment in finding new healthy things you can enjoy. It's awesome yr man is doing it with you. Men usually loose weight faster than us - so unfair!

Hi Stich. I daily weigh. Sometimes I go up & mostly i go down. Did you know that according to research (the mind boggles), adults pass between 500g and 1.1kg of faeces a day! so add the fluctuation due to periods and fluid, then you should only daily weigh if you can be sanguine and stay on track if you tick up. For me, it helps. For others it may not.

I can't wait for you to prove your dad wrong - and prove him wrong long term. Trust in the SW system. Try new recipes - and experiment in finding new healthy things you can enjoy. It's awesome yr man is doing it with you. Men usually loose weight faster than us - so unfair!

Hey Aligal. Thanks for your post. Wow that is a crazy change. Usually it’s ok but I guess it hurt more this week because I am trying so hard. It’s not gonna stop me though.

My husband is great. He keeps pushing me and telling me I can do it. It helps having someone supportive. But I wish his losses weren’t so much bigger haha. I lost half a pound last week and he lost 8!!! Crazy. But a loss is a loss

So we ended up with an extra easy sp day today. Not on purpose as I don’t like doing these. I find people don’t actually get the results they want.
But anyway ended up with egg salad for lunch and steak salad for dinner and also packed a salad for tomorrow’s bike ride. Repetitive much haha.

Measured myself today just as we will have to buy DH some new trousers tomorrow and I have lost an inch on the hips this week. Happy dance. That’s 9 inches left on the hips for the wedding dress size I am aiming for

So we went for our bike ride today. Only managed 10km and the OH knee gave out (as well as me being bushed already). He's had the issue for a long time, just bad timing.
So we've decided to rest it for the rest of the weekend as we don't want to risk permanent damage and being signed off work.
But 10k is better than none.
We stopped for breakfast and I had the vegetarian one. Unfortunately I don't know the syns but it was poached egg and wholemeal toast. I passed the hash brown and 1/2 the toast to the OH as I wasn't that hungry so I am hoping the damage will be minimal. The sausages were the actual vegetable filled ones if anyone has any ideas how many those type are. The bike said I burned 522 calories so I am hoping for some compensation though I am aware thats not how slimming world works.
Making ramen today which is just 1 1/2 syns for the miso paste and then will have a mini ice cream or mini skinny bakery cake later. I probably shouldn't after breakfast but I feel that if I stop myself completely I'll end up breaking and eating more. the cake is 2 syns and the ice cream is 5 1/2 so not killers by any stretch.

Tomorrow will be a very chilled day so not quite sure how that will go. Will see how the OH is in the morn.

How is everyone else getting on this week?

Afternoon all.

How has your weekend been?
I made breakfast in bed for my man today and then we managed to cycle into town. It’s only 3 miles there and back but better than nothing at all.
Picked up a wii fit plus and board for £10 today so thinking I can do that everyday I am not cycling. Was debating on a stationary bike with laptop stand but it was £100 and didn’t want to waste money on something I might not use. Don’t know how good it would be to sound out of breath on calls.
The scales are still plaguing me though I have stayed on track so dreading tomorrow. Will probably cry on the scales if I have gained this week as I have really tried hard.

I track my measurements on myfitnesspal. You can measure whatever you want - thighs, arms and more. So good when inches go down even if the scales aren't racing down! Welldone.

Hi all must admit all the talk of exercise has made me realise I really need to get going if I am going to reach my goals ASAP . Yesterday I started what I like to call Adercise. Literally standing up during every advert and doing a chore or part of one, cleaning kitchen top, loading d washer, bringing a load of washing downstairs etc . For a sloth like me that adds up to quite a lot of movement and actually a surprisingly tidy house by the end of the night! BBC doesn’t help much though! Thanks for the inspiration I am going to map my walk everyday at lunch time this week instead of driving to a quiet spot to eat a sarnie......

Hi all must admit all the talk of exercise has made me realise I really need to get going if I am going to reach my goals ASAP . Yesterday I started what I like to call Adercise. Literally standing up during every advert and doing a chore or part of one, cleaning kitchen top, loading d washer, bringing a load of washing downstairs etc . For a sloth like me that adds up to quite a lot of movement and actually a surprisingly tidy house by the end of the night! BBC doesn’t help much though! Thanks for the inspiration I am going to map my walk everyday at lunch time this week instead of driving to a quiet spot to eat a sarnie......

Hey. Very nice plan. It’s the little bits that you won’t really realise are building up. Let us know how you get on

Evening guys. Weigh in today and we lost half a pound. It’s the third week at a half pound lost which is annoying but it is a loss and it’s a pound and a half more than if I gave up.
OH lost 1 pound which was no surprise after last weeks whoosh. I’m hoping I get one of those next week.

I’m debating whether to change group or not. We have a new consultant and she goes round and talks to everyone except me. I try and talk to her and she ignores me. I used to be her husbands boss and I don’t know if this is why but it is irking a bit. I’m trying to think that I’m not going for her, I’m going for me but I also think a good consultant can help the world and also make you want to go to group

Evening guys. Hope you had a good Tuesday.
I attempted an SP day today but I think I psyched myself out and ended up madly craving the bad stuff so maybe not the way to go.

Hi craftermary, thanks for your comment. I am not a morning person so start of day is a no no but I take the dogs out during my lunch break and also go walking/ bike riding at the weekends so hopefully that counts towards it.
Thanks for the support 👌🏻

When I started out on SW I was also working from home. I ended up getting my fitbit back on and doing 10-15k steps a day marching up and down my front room! I would do around 4-8k afer 8pm depending how I felt or how many I needed to make up on to hit the 10k daily steps. One benefit from this was I slept pretty well after this!

What's an SP day? I've been doing this a few months now and haven't got a clue what half these things are, I guess that's what happens when you do it online and don't go to groups!

I had a pretty shocking day yesterday to be honest. I was really hungry, possibly due to the cycling, and ended up eating 3 packets of crisps as I found out they were 3.5syns each (golden wonder ringo's, they're bloody lovely too!)... I've pretty much cut out all crisps and sweet stuff from except the daily alpen light or two which I have under the HexB.

Good luck with you goal, I'm sure you'll smash it!

Back