It can be done

Hi all

I haven't been on here awhile but I just wanted to pop on to give let you all know that LL works and if you don't go back to old ways the weight will stay off.

I finished RTM on 28th February 2011 and am now 115-118lbs (I fluctuate naturally with water retention) and the only time in over a year that I gained any weight back was 3lbs during the 2.5 weeks of my wedding and honeymoon and that was gone within a week and a half. I was over 15 stone when I started.

I lost 4 stone on LL total

Then I lost a further 2 stone on RTM as I had to stop LL because of medical problems (nothing to do with the actual LL diet) so I did have extra weight to lose.

Then I lost just over 1 stone after LL by watching what I ate.

Hopefully this will motivate you all that as long as you learn as you go along you really can keep the weight off after LL.

RTM was the key for me, if I hadn't done that then I wouldn't have learnt what I needed to know to keep the weight off.

To be honest I do have to watch what I eat but it's all natural to me now.

Good luck to you all because if I can do it then anyone can!

At last! Someone who has kept the weight off. I know it is possible - but time after time e hear stories from people who have come back to LL after putting weight back on. As someone who is just about to start maintenance - i am pleased to hear such a postive story. Thankyou!

Thanks for your Post, it is nice to see someone being sensible after LL with their eating.

I lost nearly 7 stone 7 years ago and for a couple of years I too kept it off but it has gradually gone on again - only to do with the fact that I went back to 'my old ways'!

I unfortunately didnt complete the full RTM last time due to a chnage of job etc and really think this was my downfall.

I intend however this time to do it all by the book so this is the last time I will need to diet long term.

I do think (in my case) the Maintaining is the hardest part as I do find the LL diet very easy.

Thanks Goodthings so much for posting today. It is lovely to hear of people who are doing well after LL.
Congratulations.
I have also emailed it to my friend who is supposed to be starting LLT on Thursday but is worried about keeping weight off afterwards as there are so many negative things on other web sites.
I have told of course that if she doesn't change her eating afterwards then like any other method of losing weight, the weight will go back on.
Your post is just so timely.
Rosb I agree with you so much as well, though I am struggling some days.
Hopefully I will learn more this time.

I remember thinking the same when I was on total, that lots of people return so you must gain back.

I think the reason so many people go back is because they know it works.

If you go back to eating too many calories you will gain, it's science he he.

The 2000 calorie advice isnt for everyone. On days I don't exercise I can only eat 1300 odd calories but I do eat more at weekends. As I'm so short and don't weigh much my bodies calorie needs isn't so high.

I use myfitnesspal to track what I eat to maintain. That way if I was to gain I could go back and see exactly why.

I know now what my body can eat and how much but I like to track as that way I have no doubt in my mind.

Some weeks I still lose half a pound so I then enjoy something I wouldn't usually eat. It is hard to stay smack bang on the same weight so I don't let my fluctuation of 115-118lbs bother me. 118 is where I should be and is where I'm at most of the time

Oh I also learnt to stick with weighing once a week and still weigh at my old rtm time and day. Sometimes I still get weighed at LL too just to prove to myself that I haven't gained on their scales either he he

Thanks for the tips! I have worked out a strategy for when I am maintaining as well.

I am going to weigh myself every Monday and Friday. That way I know how strict I need to be during the week and whether I can ease off over the weekend. I will also share my weigh ins with my husband so I have some accountability.

I have given myself a 7 pound buffer. I will be 10 stone 7 and will not allow myself to go over 11 stone. This allows for indulgences and celebrations, but I know I need to then work hard to get back to my start weight.

I will also track my calories on a daily basis - Monday to Friday - but not on a weekend.

Other than that - it is sensible eating, restricting carbohydrates, exercising daily and enjoying life.

Back