It has taken me..

Bernadette and mum

A hot chocolate, an ice cream sundae, a scone with jam and butter, a malteaser slice, a cupcake, a sliceofcake, two bowls of cereal, two slices of shortbread, a packet of crisps AND TWO SLICES OF TOAST (no i'm not joking, i'm able to gobble up this much and i only feel /SLIGHTLY/ sick!!) to realise that i need a BIG kick up the bum if i'm going to be ten pounds lighter by christmas :S
It started off with just one little treat, a trip to a coffee shop to celebrate 30 days without going on a binge (i know, where was my logic?!) and it all just fell of the wagon from there. BUT starting tomorrow i'm going to be 100% back on track, ATLEAST half an hour body magic EVERYDAY , and hopefully 10lbs lighter by christmas :DD

so no more treats involving food for me!! what do you do to keep you on track? what are your top tips??

I've got no tips I'm afraid, but just wanted to say you are not alone. I too have had a shocker today. Why do we do it to ourselves? I was in a rush this morning and didn't weight my all bran and didn't have super free with it. That silly little thing spurred me to think that I had spoiled the day and so I had custard pastries and coffee out, followed by massive Dominos pizza with all the trimmings then a huge slice of chocolate cake. Why oh why?

Sending hugs, and that kick. Heads down and back to it! X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Fighting those urges to binge is AWFUL! All day I've been feeling starving, then my whole family is having a takeaway. I tend to ask myself 'Am I happy to not lose weight this week' and the answer is always no, so I say no.

If that doesn't work, I do a bit of clothes shopping online and it reminds me of all the things I want to wear but can't yet. Reminds me why I'm doing it, and one days binging isn't going to make me feel any better in the long run!

It has taken me so long to get to a place where I can say NO to a binge. And I've gotta admit, it is a demon I fight all day everyday!

Stupid, eh!

This is why you need a treat night, after Tuesday weigh in I pig out, everyone should but then the next day I try to get back on track

My tips are: knowing no matter what I can have my Tuesday night pig out and just thinking of that, also knowing I won't get the body I want if I don't eat healthy and exercise, and also there are heaps of sw recipes to replace the foods you like with low cal versions. Drinking water before you eat a meal fills you up so you eat a bit less.

glitter99x said:
This is why you need a treat night, after Tuesday weigh in I pig out, everyone should but then the next day I try to get back on track

I really don't agree with this at all. It might work for you but it's not a good habit and not everyone should do it!!!

A pig out is not part of the plan.

Make sure u get straight bCk on it Nd don't throw the whole week away.

If u had 7 roses and one died would u chuck the whole bunch in the bin?

jaylou said:
I really don't agree with this at all. It might work for you but it's not a good habit and not everyone should do it!!!

Well believe it or not but many celebrities have one day a week where they pig out and by pig out I don't mean binge yourself on food but eat what you want, did I ever say do this everyday? No I did not, I know other ppl on sw who have a pig out after they've gotten weighed, don't get why ppl are ganging up on me you can't tell me you never have a KFC or McDonald's now and again or pig out on two bars of choc instead of one it's actually recommended to have a treat night once a week so you don't end up bingeing later on down the line and put on heaps of weight. I'm really strict on myself but if I didn't have a treat night it wouldn't be good.

jaylou said:
H

The fact is you can't be on plan 24/7 I exercise everyday, I eat healthy everyday, what's wrong with having a treat night, don't get it at all

Last edited:
Glitter I don't see where people are 'ganging up on you' at all- but I agree with jaylou.

Pigging out as you put it sounds like having a huge binge, which is different to a treat night where you may have a SW friendly takeaway and an extra choccie bar.

Also - there are people who are 100% all of the time, I have a best friend who has lost 12 stone on SW and she is literally on it 100%. I am not perfect myself and have the odd hiccup but think that encouraging a pig out isn't the way to go as sW is a healthy eating plan.....

This is of course just my opinion.

On reply to the orig poster, to keep on track I do my food shopping online so nothing too bad goes in the 'trolley' and I try to plan my meals for the week in a rough fashion!!!

Also food diary online and on paper...link to my diary in my sig xxx

My tip: look how far you have come. You have a healthy bmi! That is fantastic. I cant wait for the day I can say that :) you can look at other achievements, either personal or weight related. Maybe you have more fruit and veg now, maybe you are more active, maybe more confident. But have a look at what you have done and congratulate yourself. Then look at the things you want, long, mid and short term as the short term will help keep you on track that week, and as the short terms goals stack up and you find yourself reaching a mid term goal you get an extra boost.

I also don't really agree with a one day blow out as it can prevent people like myself from breaking the binge/restrict mentality.... Or the binge, then binge some more the next day and so on mentality. We had a different consultant this past week and when a woman said "it was so silly to eat that all the day before weigh in." The consultant asked what the difference was between doing it after weigh in to the day before weigh in. The new week starts as you step off the scales, you have daily syns, healthy extras and free foods to use every day, so no need to miss out on any day. But the blip, whenever it happens in the week makes as much difference the day before weigh in as it does the day after. I'd never thought of it like that but it does make sense really.

I find I will eat whatever I physically set out. So if I set out my syns for the day I dont go over, but if I set out two options I eat both! So setting out what you want to use your syns on that day helps me. Currently having totm so fighting the urge not to eat every cocoa bean in existence right now!

All else fails a good bit of distraction will work, especially if it uses both hands. I can't eat and knit at the same time!

I too had a binge it was on Thursday and I'm still mad at myself now ..... It all started with mikado sticks I hadn't had any syns so decided I was gonna have 20 mikado sticks (10 syns) but seeing as the packet was almost empty I thought I can have up to 15 syns so ate the rest bar 2 that my toddler ate .... Then that was it 2 flapjack bars 6 custard creams 2 mini packs of haribo 2 slices of toast with cheese spread crisps .......and a partridge in a pear tree

I'm still mad now why the hell didn't I stop myself no more mikado for me that's for sure

glitter99x said:
Well believe it or not but many celebrities have one day a week where they pig out and by pig out I don't mean binge yourself on food but eat what you want, did I ever say do this everyday? No I did not, I know other ppl on sw who have a pig out after they've gotten weighed, don't get why ppl are ganging up on me you can't tell me you never have a KFC or McDonald's now and again or pig out on two bars of choc instead of one it's actually recommended to have a treat night once a week so you don't end up bingeing later on down the line and put on heaps of weight. I'm really strict on myself but if I didn't have a treat night it wouldn't be good.

Nobody is ganging up on you here - I think the phrase 'pig out' does suggest bingeing - I always used to have a treat or cheat night when I got weighed but sometimes that would literally mean a couple of yorkie puds on my roast , other times some fish and chips or a bar of choccy but these days I don't tend to do it as my weight losses are better if I don't.

glitter99x said:

Not many of those celebs follow SW. It may be recommended on other diets to have a treat night but not on SW, that's why we have syns.

All I was saying is I don't think it's right to recommend it on here as it isn't part of SW and is not part of fostering good eating habits.

glitter99x said:

Hi glitter99x. I suppose it just shows that what works for one person certainly doesn't work for others. I have been on plans in the past (WW) where I have had WI day as an off-plan day but I found that it did not teach me not to crave all those foods which caused me problems in the first place. I always managed to lose weight and get to target but literally the day after target, I would begin to eat my way back and stop going to group. I also had to get out of the mentality of "treating" myself with food and have had to find other ways to reward myself. So I suppose what people are trying to say is that whilst it works for you and you continue to lose, for others it really doesn't work and not just because they don't lose weight, but they may have a very complicated relationship with food. For you, if it keeps you on track then fair enough but it is definitely not part of SW and I suppose it's important for new people to know that and if they want to try it they may not lose weight. On SW we can eat anything so I will have things but keep them within syns because as much as its important for me to lose weight to look good, it is more important for me to eat healthily. My motivation on this plan has always been to eat for my health. Hope this doesn't feel like I'm ganging up on you as you are as entitled to voice an opinion on what works for you as anyone else, but just wanted to put across an alternative view from someone who has tried both ways. :)

My mum gets weighed on a Monday morning and always ate what she wanted that day and started fresh on the Tuesday. She has slow losses anyway and I pointed out that she was really starting the week on the back foot by doing that. So now she still follows sw on the Monday after weigh in but may have an extra glass of wine or a couple of biccies so over her syns but not stupidly so. It works much better for her now

I started this thread in February

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/262434-treat-night-cheat-night.html

and there was lots of interesting responses.

Like I have said on it, I have friends that go to class, get weighed in the morning and then go home and literally eat anything in sight all day long. When I was heavier I limited the 'treat' to my evening meal but since losing weight I dont even do this now. I do plan any nights out etc around my weigh in day though so it gives me a whole week to recover.

A consultant that regularly does our class when ours is away says ''your weight loss for next week starts as soon as you step out of this room'' and she's right x

Back