It is so hard!!!

Lisawilson08

Hi all :)

I only started SW 3 weeks ago, but I had dinners out on Friday and Saturday for the first time!! I had considered not going as I just wasn't sure what to have, but realised I couldn't lead my life that way!

On Friday It was a set menu so not much choice, ended up having Brushetta with tomatoes and a Cajun chicken and pepper wrap with chips and salad. For the wrap I ended up scraping the chicken out and just eating that and leaving the wrap, and had a few chips as a treat then swapped them for someone elses salad.

On Saturday the menu was huge but I honestly couldn't see anything on it which resembled healthy!! Ended up having a roast half chicken. I was VERY good and took the skin off the chicken (usually my favourite part) and had salad with it. And then skipped desert while everyone else had one.

I don't think I did too bad, but I can't say it was an enjoyable experience, as I was too busy worrying what was going in my mouth rather than enjoying it!!

What are everyones 'go to' dishes when they are out??

xx

you're right it isn't easy, so well done you for making a good effort with your meal out.
Try sticking to lean meat, chicken, steaks etc or fish, salmon, sea bass etc. Opt for a jacket instead of chips with salad and ask for dressings to be served separately. You can have dessert, but choose wisely and count the syns.
You've done really well so far, having lost one and a half stones, so congrtulations.
We have to remember that the weight didn't go on overnight and it won't go quickly either - so good luck with your goals, you've come to the right place for the motivation and support that you need. Keep posting:)

Looks like you have done really well there, only thing I can add to the above post, is, if you know where you're going, see if you can have a peek at the menu before you go.... sometimes sitting there with eveyone waiting for you to make a choice puts you under too much pressure

Eating out seems to be a nightmare and I have tried avoiding to go out or having people over....this friday my friend is over with hubby and we are having a cheese and crackers evening (she is on SW too and takes two nights off a week! This is now not working for me even though I do a lot of exercise). So all in all I am dreading it and thinking how I can get round eating it..... I was considering having a syn free day and using my syns for the nibbles but changing the crackers and eating low fat cheese to compensate!

A member of our group has made himself a little note to take out with him of the syns for his fav. restaurants! this sounds like a plan to help out at the time when it is hardest.

I have also been braver when ordereing asking specifically for no butter or dressings, steak is a good option with new pots and salad, chinese I believe beef and mushroom with boiled rice is only 5/6 syns, and Indian is in the back of the SW book. Nandos chicken salad is nice to eat and less than a lot of the other choices.

It is a case of pre pplanning all the time and when I have a bad week this is when i let myself down, if I don't know a day or two ahead of myself then it all goes horribly wrong.

Your right though you can't hide away forever just because of slimming and also don't forget you can use flexible syns if you need a night off and sometimes a night off does you good x

Tomato based pastas are also good! Something like Arabbiata. Avoid anything creamy.

Eating out can be tricky. Some places its impossible to be good. But some places are excellent my go-to places are wetherspoons and nando's, also most places do jacket potatoes, I like tuna on a jacket but most places only do it with mayo grrr! Some places will probably let you swap chips for a jacket spud. Ask for things to come with no dressings/butter, its important not to be afriad to ask for these things :)

But ya know, sometimes we just can't be as good as we like and one meal out of the week isn't gonna spoil all of our hard work and to be honest I think you did well there with your choices! X

Back