It just HAS to be done!

CaptainOrla

Just Me!
Ok, so I've rejoined Weight Watchers.

I joined last year and lost about a stone and half but I gave up when I moved. The weight has been in and around the same (which is great that I didn't go back up to what I was).

I'm going to a Star Trek (yes Star Trek!!!) convention in October and I've purchased myself a nice photo op with SIR PATRICK STEWART!

Obviously I need to look my best for this!!! So that's why I'm back in WW! Joined last week.

I've found it awfully hard to get below the high 15 stone point on my scales.... It's like my body JUST CAN'T DO IT!

My diet is pretty bad, but it's a whole lot better than what it used to be!

Breakfast:
1 slice of Wholemeal Toast
200ml Low Fat Milk

Lunch:
1 Wholemeal Pitta
Chopped Onion
Chopped Tomato
Chopped Cucumber
1 Cut Up Chicken Burger
200ml Low Fat Milk

Dinner:
250g Steamed Potato
100 - 150g Steamed Carrots
200ml Low Fat Milk

I'm starting to incorporate Apples and Bananas (as per suggestion from Dietitian).

My diet is completely limited and also I'm type 1 Diabetic, so need to watch out for low blood sugars (as I tend to run to the toast).

I was weighed at WW today and came in at 16st 3.5lbs, so I'll be excited/terrified to see what I weigh in at next week!

I guess I just have a mindset that I can't go below the high 15st mark!

FINGERS CROSSED! :p

Hi, Captain Orla, from one Trekkie to another! I just wanted to comment on your food diary - I don't know anything about WW, but from a calorie point of view it does seem very low, and that's not really advisable if you've got a fair bit to lose. The minimum level recommended is 1200 cals a day (not sure how that converts to points or whatever!), to keep your body from going into "starvation mode", and if you start off eating too little you've also got nowhere to go down to when you plateau, as almost invariably happens. So my advice would be to consider upping your intake a bit, then gradually decreasing it as you lose weight (that's what I did and have lost 5.5 stone so far).

You can do this, Captain - make it so!! xx

Thanks Winter Star!

And Tracy, I don't really know what I can add into my day... Maybe some Shreddies in the morning or something. I don't really like many foods, so I'm stuck when it comes to choice.

Have you any suggestions?

CaptainOrla said:
Thanks Winter Star!

And Tracy, I don't really know what I can add into my day... Maybe some Shreddies in the morning or something. I don't really like many foods, so I'm stuck when it comes to choice.

Have you any suggestions?

Hiya! Can/do you eat nuts at all? I've started eating some almonds as an alternative to crisps, they're supposed to be very good for you, and I actually like them as well! Some cereal would be good, too. xx

I was thinking of maybe adding Shreddies in the morning, with my slice of toast...

I don't eat nuts at all!

Back