It really does get easier

shrinkingannie

Gold Member
I Couldn't understand why everyone said the first week was the hardest. I wasn't hungry after day 3 but I was a bit miserable in general about the thought of following this for weeks and weeks, and I couldn't see how this was going to change. Then weigh in and yes it was a boost but I was still grumpy and a bit fed up. Today is day 10 for me and suddenly it all feels a lot easier, just more manageable - I don't even really know why. Physically I feel the same but mentally I feel stronger and more determined.

I agree with you I am only on my second week and have noticed the difference of how much better I feel and how easy it is now feel like I have a new lease of life :D

Iv got my second weigh in today an this all just feels normal now. I hardly ever miss food an only get cravings every now and then but they pass. 4 more weeks til re feed and then I'm back on this after our holiday. Can't wait :)

I still have up and down days so think its different for everyone, some days I could kill to eat, others not so bad, I could never say I dont miss food, as I would have never got so big if i didnt have an unhealthy obsession with it in the first place lol x

I bloody hope it does, I'm finishing day five tonight and I had at least three occassions today where I was like ''screw this, I need food'', but if I can just stick it out until November 15th, I'll be okay. . . I just want to get into my second week, so sick of talking about 'days' .. . .**sigh**

Hang in there sweet, as dizzy says there are def good and bad days, but at least there are some good days in fact for me at the moment more good than bad, fingers crossed that continues!

Hello there, this is my first ever post, not just on this site, but any site! BUt i simply had to sign up after reading all the helpful comments that everyone has written. I am on day 6 today and am so proud of myself. I didnt think I would make it this far! day 1 to day 3 was just awful, i had to leave work and go straight to my bed on day 3, my head was so sore and spinning, and I was so hungry. But after making it through that day, it seeems to be getting better ? I am nearly scared to say that, incase it gets worse again. I am sipping water from the moment I get out of bed (even through getting dressed), right up until I fall asleep, and I think that is what is helping. I get the odd little hunger pain, but that is when i have a soup and then I am ok again. I am more tired than usual, but nothing that I cant cope with. I have to say, that if I think of my end date, it seems so long away, but now I just think of one day at a time, and it doesnt seem as bad. I just keep thinking, I just want to get through today, and worry about tomorrow when I get there.
To help anyone starting out, like me, I printed out a blank calendar month (from microsoft outlook) and I mark off my days. I cary this with me all day, so I can look at it, and also leave it beside my bed at night. I know this is probably frowned upon, but I have been weighing myself every morning, as soon as I get up (after going to the loo) and I mark this on the calendar too. This way, I can see my weight dropping daily and it is the boost i need on a daily basis.

My advice for the first week would be:
Drink water constantly throughout the day, NEVER STOP
Remember that the day 3 rule can differ per person, it may be day 4
When your "rock bottom" day hits, dont have anything planned stressful for that day, and even prepare you boss that you might need to go home, (I said that I was waiting on a cancellation Doc apmnt, and it was grand)
Weigh yourself daily, it is a great incentive for the first week, to keep you going!

Good luck to anyone starting out, it is the toughest thing you will ever do, but the most worth while!!!!! :)

Last edited:
Lovely post Tweetyp1e, thank you! I'm on day 3 and this cheered me up.

Back