it works, even when growing a baby!!

abz

Gold Member
I've seen a few threads asking about sw and pregnancy recently (including some of my own :D) and i wasn't really sure about it when i only lost 0.5lbs in my first week. i know my body is doing strange things but it knocked me a bit. going for a weigh in after being 100% but not being able to guarantee a loss is hard.

however this week i lost 3lbs!! woo. so 3.5 in a fortnight aint bad. if i can lost another one by next week i'll be stoked. but if i don't, now i know that it's my body that's acting up, not that EE doesn't work when preggers.

so there we go. a short woohoo!! and an affirmation of sw again :)

abz xx

Well done Hun...just remember it is natural to gain a little weight when pregnant, but as soon as little one is born, you can loose it again. I loved being pregnant (after the indigestion went!) and miss that feeling of being kicked! Time to work on Hubby for another one me thinks...Daughter is now 4 and would like a baby! Lol.

Great thread :)

Go on, Mrs V! You know you want to!! ;) x

wow ,its amazing really I was over weight when I was pregnant and never thought of losing weight...wish I had though of it....Your looking after yourself and you baby! Can't get more proud of that!

Great thread :)

Go on, Mrs V! You know you want to!! ;) x

I would love another one...need to have some money in the bank first! Lol...some kind of savings do help even if I will never be rich!

savings? what are those? we thought it would take a few months and we'd have chance to save... first ruddy month we tried :D couldn't be happier of course.

i am currently 11lbs heavier than i was at my first mw appointment, so around 11 weeks. saying that by then i think i was already 8lbs heavier than before i got pregnant, and before that had gained about a stone in a month from eating crap post-honeymoon etc... so...

i know that the third tri is where your body tries to gain weight. but i have about five and a bit stone to lose. hopefully about a stone of that will vanish with the baby and the water and the extra blood etc... so i want to get the number down as much as i can. i want to be able to play with my daughter without struggling. so the race is on!! ha.

abz xx

You can do it abz, and brilliant that you've already made a start. I really wish I had done it with my last 2 pregnancies - instead I ate as much as possible and really regretted that after the birth.

I'm determined to feel better this time and maintain my weight for as long as possible or maybe lose a few lbs in these early days.

I'm going to try and stock up my freezer with homemade SW friendly meals for the early days when baby is born as I know I'll be too shattered to cook properly and that's where the takeaway starts calling ;)

thanks guys :)

am planning on making up loads of sauces and freezing them so OH will only have to bung a sauce in the microwave and stick some pasta on for the early days. he will be doing it as he has taken a couple of weeks holiday on top of his fortnight paternity pay, ha. and as i am planning to breastfeed i'll be the one getting up all night!! but i'll get a lot of moaning if he has to cook it all from scratch, although he is a good sport really. so the freezer it is!! not just yet though :)

Back