Italian - Risotto choices on Slimming World

Cholney5

Hello other Slimming World members,

I need your advice! I am eating out tonight at an Italian and I was thinking of going for the pasta or the risotto. Now I don't tend to make risotto for myself so this is my preference at the moment. There are 2 choices on the menu I think must be OK (ish)

They are Risotto con Pancetta= Italian Rice, bacon, muchrooms, onions and garlic. Only bad thing fat on bacon?

Or Risotto alla marinara = Italian Rice, seafood, onion, garlic and tomato sauce. Only bad thing tomato sauce?

What would you all suggest and how many syns would you note as?

I am going here : Il Gusto

Thanks in advance :)

There's absolutely nothing on the SW directory for risotto in the general food or italian restaurants. TBH a restaurant is goign to put a lot of butter and cream into a risotto, maybe pasta a safer option. I'd love to know though as I'd like this option when out

Best there is under Tescos:

Finest Chicken & Butternut Squash Risotto, chilled, 385g pack 11½ 16 11½
Finest Restaurant Collection Pea & Pesto Risottos, twin pack, chilled, 200g each 8 11½ 8
Finest Wild Mushroom Risotto, chilled, 400g pack 15 23 15
Italian Chicken & Mushroom Risotto, chilled, 400g pack 7 14½ 7
Risotto Rice, Arboria, dried, 100g dry Free 17½ Free
Wild Mushroom Risotto, made up as directed, 120g pack 7½ 26½ 7½

And Sainsburys
Be Good to Yourself Chicken & Mushroom Risotto, frozen, 400g pack 5 9 5
Be Good to Yourself Mushroom Risotto, chilled, 400g pack 4½ 16 4½
Porcini Mushroom Risotto Kit, 200g pack, made up with water, 100g Free 17 Free
Taste the Difference Bistro Lemon Thyme Chicken Risotto, 800g pack, chilled, 400g serving 16 16 18
Taste the Difference Smoked Pancetta, Parmigiano Reggiano & Spinach Risotto, chilled, 400g pack 20 21 20

I'd go for the seafood one... and count it as 6 or 7 syns for luck.

Back