Its all in my head!!!

Amy2249

Silver Member
Hi everyone, so for the last couple of weeks I have been really struggling to stay on track. Everytime I'm at home I want to raid the fridge and even though its full of good stuff (as well as bad for my OH) I continue to make the wrong choices and by Friday I would be totally off track.

This week however I feel something has clicked in my brain and its not that I'm resisting tempation its that I just don't want the bad stuff :d'oh:

I normally go home after work and sit there with tea and chocolate but I just don't want it and I don't feel I'm depriving myself I actually feel really strong and in control.

Has anyone else got to this point in their SW journey?

And what I really want to know is do you think it will last because I am loving the feeling

:D
xx

It will last as long as you want it to last.
Like you said, it's all in the head and that is so true. We can all be good if we let ourselves, it's a constant mental battle.
Write down how good you are feeling at the moment, and how bad you feel when you do go off track and it may help you if you get a lapse in the future.
Enjoy feeling good and don't think about it stopping. Well done hun. xxx

I have times like that when I am so 'in the zone'. Last week for example I was so into it that I wouldn't have eaten a chocolate bar if someone had paid me! But yesterday..... :-/
Anyway, I think I will try that tip next time I'm 'in the zone' and write down how I'm feeling. I have a little note book that I use as my food diary and to jot down recipes, so I'll write it in the back of there and then read that everytime I'm in danger of having a day like yesterday...
Hope you are still staying strong Amy!

I have written it all down and I am still going strong.

Went out for wine last night and had a bit of a wobble with food, however normally I would wake up in a bad mood complaining that I had ruined it but I am sitting here with my bowl of superfree fruit for breakfast, my superspeed soup is in the fridge for lunch and probably a stir fry for dinner.

Still feeling strong and confident of a loss this week, WI not till Monday and its superfree, superspeed all the way.

:bliss:

well done you! glad your in the zone, i miss that feeling! i am trying to get my mojo back! last few weeks just picking and had half pound loss for 2 weeks then sts yesterday! really down! keep changing from red to green to ee not sure what im doing! even turned to ww for a day but didnt like that! i need to get back into it!!!! any suggestions as your doing so well? keep at it!xxxx

:D You sound so totally in the zone - and they do say that naturally healthy, slim people are naturally "good" about 80% of the time, so it also sounds like you're building a really healthy attitude for the future!

well done you! glad your in the zone, i miss that feeling! i am trying to get my mojo back! last few weeks just picking and had half pound loss for 2 weeks then sts yesterday! really down! keep changing from red to green to ee not sure what im doing! even turned to ww for a day but didnt like that! i need to get back into it!!!! any suggestions as your doing so well? keep at it!xxxx

Hugs and positive thoughts being sent to you.

Your stats show that you are doing really well and 0.5 off and STS is better then a gain.

I really don't know what happened as for weeks I would have a wobble and completely fall off and continue to binge and feel down about it but its like I have only just realised that I really want to do this and a bad meal or even day is not going to undo all the weight I have lost.

I think this is something that does come to all of us and I just really hope its stays with me as once again its only ME that can change that and it is mind over matter.

xx

:D You sound so totally in the zone - and they do say that naturally healthy, slim people are naturally "good" about 80% of the time, so it also sounds like you're building a really healthy attitude for the future!

The 80% good 20% bad is so true and I think that is the way to go. I don't think I could do this as a way of life if I couldn't have a bad meal or some wine. I just hope the scales are kind and reflect that I am being good 80% of the time.

xx

I agree that sometimes it just clicks and my god it makes life so much easier. I think its when your mind eventually realises that you don't need to eat junk all the time and actually its feeling one heck of a lot better when your eating healthy so you mentally want to keep on feeling healthy.

I so get where you are coming from Amy - and its like a revelation when it 'clicks' into place.
Well done you for being in the zone and sooo focussed x

I've struggled the past few days with thoughts of binging and wanting to eat crap but feel a bit better today. I haven't done anything with the thoughts and have kept on track but it's really hard when it doesn't "click".

I really don't know what happened as for weeks I would have a wobble and completely fall off and continue to binge and feel down about it but its like I have only just realised that I really want to do this and a bad meal or even day is not going to undo all the weight I have lost.

I think this is something that does come to all of us and I just really hope its stays with me as once again its only ME that can change that and it is mind over matter.

xx

I think that this is the absolute key - if you go off plan, get back on at the very next meal or snack - for me it wasn't the one meal that ever 'ruined' my diet, it was the several days / weeks that then passed before I came up for air from the trough again!!!
Someone on here has a signature phrase something along the lines of 'we worry about what we eat between christmas and new year when in fact we should be more concerned about what we eat between new year and christmas' - for me this is soooooo true and with such a long weight loss journey ahead I keep trying to remind myself of that fact!!
Sounds like you're doing great though Amy so long may it continue xxx

Just remember. Failure is simply the opportunity to start again, this time more intelligently.
Plus. We can't change our past but we can work to change our future.

thanks amy for the hugs and positive thoughts , been 100% angelic today!!! so they work, good luck with your continued positiveness! if thats even a word! this site is a godsend, it really does help.xxx

I'm glad the hugs and positive thoughts help :D

But now I am truly worried about myself; I have been shopping and decided to buy a new belly button ring and put it in, brought a top and a dress from Punky Fish, both in small so very happy.

Anyway got home about 7.15 and thought I just can't be bothered to cook, OH is on lates so just me. Grabbed a load of takeaway menus and started going through them. After about 10 mins stopped myself, cursed myself, put some butternut squash in the oven to roast and now just frying some steak.

So proud of myself as normally it would have be a kebab or a pizza, I would have had to spend a certain amount so I would have over ordered and then forced myself to eat it as I hate waste, then moaned that I have no control etc, I know we have all been there.
BUT NO instead I thought about it and realised I just being lazy.

Loving this and really hoping it continues.

I think getting into a small helped :D:D:D

Sorry if it seems like I'm bragging but I really do feel like a new person x

well done, thats fab, you brag away hun. if i got into a medium let alone small would be shouting from the roof tops. Your will power and in the zoneness is truely remarkable and i want some! ha ha i did manage to only eat 1 harribo on my 12 .5 hour night shift last night, so that was my only sin all day( and night). Keep at it !x

well done, thats fab, you brag away hun. if i got into a medium let alone small would be shouting from the roof tops. Your will power and in the zoneness is truely remarkable and i want some! ha ha i did manage to only eat 1 harribo on my 12 .5 hour night shift last night, so that was my only sin all day( and night). Keep at it !x

Thank you. It has only been 5 days but still feeling 100%.

Wow you only had 1 harribo. I love harribo and so it would not stop at 1 for me, I nearly finished a whole bag of starmix last week (one of the share bags) and the only reason why I stop is that the ones left were the ones I don't like.

I am trying to share all these feelings on this site as much as possible to help others know that they can do it.

Next week I may post a thread saying how I messed everything up etc but if I keep this thread I can look back and hopefully remember how good it felt to be 100% in control.

HAPPY FRIDAY :clap::clap::clap:

Back