Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

its alll gone wrong!!!!

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by scott_sxi, 7 March 2009 Social URL.

1. scott_sxi

scott_sxi Member

ok so i started my journey just after the new year and i started it well, joined a gym and eatin 3 meals a day and eating much healthier foods. was losing weight by about 2lb a week and then.... i lost my job, bills are adding up into debts i cant afford gym membership or to buy the good fresh healthy foods and im down. my weight has shot back up to what i started at and i just dont no what to do i feel so s**t its unreal.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. totty

totty Personal Trainer

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.94%)
    Diet:
    My own
    oh dont stress hun, dont let it all pile ontop of you :wave_cry:

there is plenty of exercise you can do at home, you dont need to go to the gym x

4. scott_sxi

scott_sxi Member

:) thanks for the reply however in a matter of 5 minutes a little good news has arrived as i have had some tempory work with an agency only factory work but will bring me a little money in.

what excersices are best to do at home? as i have only ever done cardio machines and weights at the gym. thanks again x

5. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Glad to hear you've got a temporary job x x

6. scott_sxi

scott_sxi Member

thank you :) me aswell i know i can do this i lost 4 stone in 2007 but then piled it all back on + more since :( for some reason i just been feeling so down and lacking motivation.

7. totty

totty Personal Trainer

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.94%)
    Diet:
    My own
    there is always something positive around the corner ;)

if you like jogging then thats a simple thing to do in a local park/canal...or if your really brave (unlike me!) the street?

you can do sit ups/push ups/squats in different variations, buy a pilates dvd for fantastic core strength, and this may sound silly, but some of my mates buy 2ltre bottles of pop and life them for biceps/triceps, another thing is to get some ankle weights?? this is brilliant exercise for your legs :D

or get a skipping rope! :D:D:D

8. scott_sxi

scott_sxi Member

where i live there aint really anywhere to run lol apart from around the garden, i use to love skipping as a child that could be something i will try. as for pressups iv never been able to do them :( unless on my knees and just using my arms. i am good with sit ups and i have a abdominal crunch machine thing.

thank you very much for your replies another thing i do is take the dog to the nearest national park at weekends for a long walk its just a long drive to go there daily.

9. Georgiestar

Georgiestar Silver Member

I found an excersise dvd very helpful, some celebs swear by them, although I do prefur the gym.

10. biltsy

biltsy Peggy McParrot

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(20.7%)
    Diet:
    cd started 19/1 09 now ww started 1/4/09
    use your stairs as a stepper, or keep runing up and down the stairs..if you.ve got a local leisure centre they only charge for each time you go.....my local one is only £4 a time.....you could go once a week or so.. or a class is about the same...i'm on benefits and am going to bum/tums/and thighs next week, and apparently will get a concessions discount cos on benefits!!!!

11. scott_sxi

scott_sxi Member

well yesterday went very well, i started my new job which it rather active work :) lots of walking and carrying things, i started in the morning by having a slice of granary toast and then for lunch i had some colli brockli peas n carrots with steamed chicken breast and an orange, then for my tea i was at work so i packed my lunch i did however have 2 salad small wholemeal cobs no dressings just lettuce, onion, peppers, tomato and cucumber, and an apple orange and bannana :) and im feeling much better knowing iv got some work and that im getting back on track, woke up this morning to a breakfast cereal with semi skimmed milk and a orange, and then just eaten my dinner and i cooked up a pasta salad, lettuce, onion, tomato, green + red peppers, red and white onion, red and green chillies, few herbs and spices and some cucumber strips and again no dressings and i just had a bowl of it and it was yummy :-D got the rest in a tub for tomorrows dinner. also just made again 2 salad wholemeal cobs for work and apple orange and bannana :)

thank you guys xxx

PurpleButterfly likes this.
  12. totty

totty Personal Trainer

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.94%)
    Diet:
    My own
    That sounds brilliant to me!!!! :D

13. scott_sxi

scott_sxi Member

little update, havent really stuck to eatin 100% healthy been up and down since this thread however i have lost 10lb in a few weeks alone because the new job i have is active up and down ladders constantly moving etc and as from monday i now push bike 16 mile a day to work and back which im sure will help :)

14. totty

totty Personal Trainer

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.94%)
    Diet:
    My own
    thats brilliant! keep it up!

15. PurpleButterfly

PurpleButterfly 16lb to go!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(14.6%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting plain and simple :)
    Good on ya! Well done for turning a bad situation round :) woo!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.