• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

it's bananas

Ali*

Gold Member
There may be something in that theory! Girl in work swears that when she's been on a diet in the past she's had to cut out the bananas as they halt her weight loss!

I'm trying a little experiment myself at the mo - used to have one banana every day for brekkie with a yogurt - didn't have one at all last week and lost 4.5 (but it was my first week ;)). I've had a couple of bananas this week but I'm not going back to having one every day.

Very interesting :confused:

i might try that next week. :)

julesmorris said:
Ooh! Wow let us know how you get on banana free
My wi is tomorrow. I will try 1 week without the bananas & see what will happen.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I've been advised by fellow group go'ers to stay clear of bananas

someone else said steer clear of bananas and grapes! I dont know why and havent tried it but i'd love someone to explain the whys and hows

Just finished a banana free week. (usually I have about 3 a day)
Lost 2lb this week (put 1.5lb on last week.)

Just finished a banana free week. (usually I have about 3 a day)
Lost 2lb this week (put 1.5lb on last week.)

Hi Mererid, noticed on the Thursday WI thread you had a good loss this week. Well done :happy096:

I've only had one banana this week too. Too early to tell if it contributed but it's very interesting ;)

Have you got a diary? What other different things did you try?

Hi Ali* nothing els different this week. Just no bananas. Might be nothing to do with the weight loss, but I can't be sure.
I see you had a loss too. :)

only lost half pound this week so im back on the bananas next week i think. :)
Did anyone els try?

only lost half pound this week so im back on the bananas next week i think. :)
Did anyone els try?
Hi Mer, I'm back on them too - they are too handy to avoid ;)

I think it's only true if you eat loads - what do you reckon? I've heard the same for grapes ... but that's because some people can eat a whole bunch at a time :jelous:

You know what they say - Everything in moderation ;)

Aww, cheers chick :thankyou:

Have you got a diary? I think we only have a chat in this thread and a convo about bananas can't last forever! ;)
no i dont - but i can follow you on yours now that i see it

I had the same weight loss last week a non banana week, than the week before a banana week. Spoke to my c about this and she said its a load of rubbish, bananas are goo so long as you dont OD on them. She said it shouldnt make any difference, so I am back on them again. W I tomorrow.