Its decision time & maybe bye bye.....

ditzeeblonde

Call me Linzi...
Hi Guys..

As some of you are aware I started this round of Atkins after being diagnosed with diabetes in January, not only has it been fantastic for my weightloss but also for my blood sugars! The problem is my cholesterol, although Atkins usually reduces it mine is rising & quite rapidly at the moment even while I'm taking statins for it!!

The problem is being diabetic I have a high risk of heart disease & neuropathy which are both exasperated by high cholesterol... I've had a chat to my doctor who has been very supportive of my journey with Atkins & we both know that low carb is fab for me but need to work something else out... :cry:

SO we've kinda come to the decision that I need to calorie count, up my carbs & drop my fat levels for a while & when I have my next blood tests see whats happened cholesterol & sugars wise!

My thoughts are that I will stick to 1200 cals per day & approx 50-75g carbs a day which seems a HUGE amount after doing Atkins but actually is still a long way short of the recommended 175-200g carbs.

Its sad as I have really enjoyed my Atkins journey & hope to resume it very shortly... the one thing I am thankful for is how good my GP is & how she makes no sweeping statements regarding low carbing!

I hope you'll all allow me to hang around coz effectively I'm still low carbing & still want to stay in touch & gleam wonderful recipes & information from you all.

Lotza love a sad & tearful Linz. xx :wave_cry:

Last edited:
Oh babes :( Im so sorry you cholesterol levels are still rising :(
Best of luck on your new plan and yes please please do stick around I couldnt (and i bet this goes for most on here if not all) bear to lose your support, helpfullness, humour and of course updates on cinnamon.

You will still need our support even if you are not totally atkinsing.

Im teary too :(

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh babes :( Im so sorry you cholesterol levels are still rising :(
Best of luck on your new plan and yes please please do stick around I couldnt (and i bet this goes for most on here if not all) bear to lose your support, helpfullness, humour and of course updates on cinnamon.

You will still need our support even if you are not totally atkinsing.

Im teary too :(

Here here! I totally agree with this.

You must stick around - it won't be the same on here without you :( :( :cry:

keep you sane????? lmao :D

Just what I was about to say! :D

I think I'M the only sane one around here.... or am I?? I dunno?!

mmmmmmm i dont think so !!!

someone once bought me a fridge magnet that says
Mental illness affects one in four people ....take a look at 3 of your friends, if they're ok, then you are the one :D

someone once bought me a fridge magnet that says
Mental illness affects one in four people ....take a look at 3 of your friends, if they're ok, then you are the one :D

:D Love it!

Lol. i think most of my friends have a mental freak :) maybe i just attract them :D

Diabetes and low carbing is a difficult balance, my hubby is a diabetic and on statins as well and if he ate like me would have a hypo every day, good luck honey, fingers crossed your next test comes back better

x
Steph

Stick with us Linz, I like to see you post, doesn't mater what plan you're following to me.

I'm good then, all my mates are nutters. ;)

ah yes, that's so true Linz.

Back