Its either this or a hot wash.......

al-joma

…..to make me shrink - doh:D!!

Well, here I am, almost 50, size 24 and on a diet again. I thought I’d cracked it about 8 years ago – lost 4 stone on lighter life. I kept it off for 6 years……… and then stress fractures in my shins stopped me doing pretty much all weight bearing activity and boy, did those pounds pile on. I totally lost my way with eating and now I’m at the point where I’ve put on the 4 stone I lost AND another two as well:(.

Generally I don’t feel bad. I look years younger than my age and I have LOADS of ‘enthusiasms’. However, being fat is affecting certain aspects of my job now and I LOVE my job. And my knee hurts (just the one fortunately) and my back gives me grief if I walk any distance. So, its time. And altho I don’t mind being 50, I don’t want to be fat AND 50 – work that one out all you armchair psychologists:p!

I liked doing LL but its too damn expensive for me at the moment hence its Exante this time. I don’t need a group – once I’ve got my head around the whole ‘diet’ business I’m motivated enough but I do need people to whinge/whine/shout to now and again and I’d rather it was someone who understood – so you lot are stuck with me (sorry about that:eek:).

So, 1st March 2012, here I am, 296lbs and aiming on 175lbs at some point this year. First day is done and I've not given up yet so there's hope!

Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Welcome & congratulations on making the first move to loosing weight again. I did LL a few years ago & lost 4 stone too. However my weight has also crept back up again mainly due to my love of chocolate! Stay focused & positive and we can watch the weight come off with everyone else. Then we can work on keeping it off this time!!

Welcome, and I hope you find your exante journey is an enjoyable one :) xx

Slosh, slosh, slosh........

Thats me walking around - I'd forgotten quite how much water you need to drink!:eek:
Gurgle, gloop, gurgle.........

Thats me just sitting down - I'd forgotten how much noise your stomach makes!:eek:

Anyway, day one down without too much grief so onto day two and then the first of the challenges - the weekend. I may be on here a lot.

Cheers to all for their support btw - can't forget that I am not the only one doing this and need to look to you all for my inspiration x:)

Hi al-joma
I am on day 1 - just finished my first shake. I did LL about 2.5 years ago too, and my weight has also crept back on. Have managed to nip in the bud now, but am only 2 stone away from my heaviest. I am the same as you, once I am in the zone I know I will do OK - but its good to know there are people here to keep me on the straight and narrow when I am having a bit of a wobble. Look forward to hearing more from you on your journey. Take care and good luck.
xxx

Hey just wanted to say good luck :)

Hi there, I also lost 5 stone with LL a few years ago and my weight also crept back on. I am starting my 3rd week and things feel a bit easier now. There comes a point, I think, when you look in the mirror and say ENOUGH! I had gone back to wearing size 16 and all the clothes in my wardrobe are 12-14. I was sick of feeling fat, tired and frumpy and decided my eating was out of control. I tried the Dukan and slimming world but they didn't work for me. Sometimes I think you need to take a break from food and clear your mind, so this is why I decided on Exante. Good luck with it, you can do it!

Aww cheers you guys:eek:

I knew I'd do a VLCD - Exante was 1. the cheapest 2. didn't involve meetings of any sort.

The sheer thought of a diet group make me feel a little sick tbh. I have a deep, deep dread of SW - the use of the word syns (yeah right, like we don't know what you mean just because you've changed the spelling...) just makes me annoyed. FOOD IS NOT A SIN, dammit! And WW is just too liberal for me - give me a rule about food that has even a little bit of lee way and i will bend it to breaking point. I once tried OA but jeez, those guys are far too happy clappy for me:D. I need somthing that is black and white, no room for cheating. Then I'm fine.

So, here I am, day 2 of Exante, stomach gurgling for England but so far so good.

Speak later y'all - you've got to take it one day at a time so good luck today!!!

x

Just about to order meal replacements...

Hi All

I'm new to Exante completely although had done CD for a little while.

Does it really work? I'm just about to buy a months worth of replacements and had last min nerves/wobble..

I'm desperate to lose a few stones and thinking this is the way to do it, just needing some assurance....:p

Any help welcome...thanks

Rachael xx

Welcome!!!! I wish you every success! :)

Hi Rach, welcome and good luck. I think you will see if you look around the forum that this diet does work, you just need to be in the right frame of mind and determined. The results are really worth it. I am on week 3 and I feel and look so much better

Day 3 - as of this afternoon food cravings have all but vanished - hurrah!!!:cool::)

I've had a lot of energy today as well, the house is spotless and I've started the gardening in earnest. All I can say is thank god for that - the last 2 days haven't been particularly pleasant. I was dreading the weekend as well!

So, all is looking good on the diet front and I'm feeling good - long may it last !

x

This is a great thread - my day prep day today...had a 3 yo running around demanding treats all day so was in no frame of mind to have low energy and a toddler in one day, starting in earnest tomorrow - but have been on track all day.

Same with me al-joma except it took till day 5 to get rid of the headaches. Feel much better now & full of energy too. As for the cravings I still want to munch mushrooms for some reason. Still its an improvement on wanting chocolate x. So to all the new comers, it does get better x

Sorry everyone. I forgot about the no mentioning of food. Slapped wrist for me x

Ooooh I wondered what had happened there Starlight!

Anyway, I'd planned to start going to the gym about a week after starting Exante, but I'm feeling that good I might just start tomorrow:). I'm very lucky - gym at work, no charge. Its literally next door to my office so I don't have to go out of my way and leaving work half an hour late isn't going to kill me. My initial plan is to go 3 times a week for 30 mins, mainly CV and some weights and to do 2 sessions a week on the Wii, probably yoga which I will do with my daughter. All up for discussion of course and as I improve my fitness I'll review this plan.

I'll let you know how this goes so watch this space........

Back