Its just doesn't taste the same

I am now 10st 2lb just under my target weight of 10st 7lb, last week I went from ss with 4 sachets with 200ml skimmed milk (I am 5'6 but I was unable to survive on just 3:D and my CDC who is wonderful said 4 was fine with milk apparently the new guidelines say that if you are having less than 600 cals a day your doctor should be informed.) I started on the 1st Feb at 13st 3lb and have lost just over 3 stone:).
Last week I moved up to 1000 cals a day and lost 5lb, which pleased me no end as I was slightly nervous of reintroducing carbs. I am also going on holiday this week and I wanted to make sure that my body would be able to cope so I thought I would introduce them last week in preparation. The week before I had moved up to 810.
This Sunday however I had my first ever bad thing....I had been saving a belgique chocolate egg since Easter and I had been planning to eat a bit of it yesterday. Well I sat down, with a cuppa, made sure a decent tv programme was on, lifted the chocolate to my lips, ate it....and well it just didn't taste nice anymore:eek:, It used to be my idea of heaven and I appear to have lost my taste for it. I ate a bit more and then was promptly sick and felt queasy. It was not the chocolate it was me.
I have imagined eating that egg for the last 2 weeks.............never thinking that I wouldn't enjoy it, I have always been a chocoholic. I reckon that the other cravings i.e for chip shop chips would result in the same feelings if I succumed to them.
This diet has really educated my taste buds, it seems to have cleared my palette and I am like a newborn again trying tastes for the first time. I am thoroughly enjoying the experience of tasting foods that I took for granted before with an open mind:)

I hope so. I'm not a seafood: fish/shellfish eater but I always try to taste a bit of whatever my OH orders in that department, and can now swallow the bite without much fuss - but no real passion for the taste (at least I've moved to the stage of no longer gagging on the smell/taste)

Last night, (on my 5th day in no less), I was going into detail about how my first meals after SS should be an attempt to introduce fish into my diet since my tastebuds will be "cleansed". I was getting very excited about the subject.

Haha - 5 days without "eating" and I'm thinking of ways to cook/eat fish?!? - I must be going crazy :eek::D

I must admit in my couple of weeks I was obssessed by food, I watched all the cooking programmes and avidly watched my work colleagues and my OH as they ate...I even asked them to describe the taste:ashamed0005:.

I was naughty & gave in to the choccy eggs over easter and you know what - they weren't worth the calories. Pretty much everything I've imagined eating hasn't lived up to my memory or expectations of it. The only thing that did was really good granary bread from the local bakers. I'm taking this as a sign that "cheating" isn't as much fun as I'd think it would be and when I reach maintenance I'm going to find it much easier to think about what I'm putting in my mouth and make "healthy" choices rather than fat & sugar loaded junk food.

I was naughty & gave in to the choccy eggs over easter and you know what - they weren't worth the calories. Pretty much everything I've imagined eating hasn't lived up to my memory or expectations of it. The only thing that did was really good granary bread from the local bakers. I'm taking this as a sign that "cheating" isn't as much fun as I'd think it would be and when I reach maintenance I'm going to find it much easier to think about what I'm putting in my mouth and make "healthy" choices rather than fat & sugar loaded junk food.

Sounds promising for you both, Gadgetqueen and Lilac.. I can relate.. on Saturday I carried a pork pie on a plate for someone at a wedding, and it smelt REVOLTING!! I stayed smiling, and made out like I was wishing I wasn't on this diet because of all the lovely food... but I wasn't interested in ANY of it!! That's REALLY not like me! I'm normally going back for fifths and feeling selfconscious about whether anyone's noticed, but not letting that stop me.. but there I was simply wishing I could get on with dancing without the food around! Who'd have thought??!! :D

All the best both of you - sounds like we're all going in the right direction!

Vx

My OH got quite annoyed with me last night when I went into the dining room to watch him eat lol

This sounds promising, I'm such a chocoholic or was a chocoholic! It will be easier to maintain if it looses its appeal! I think my tastes are changing allready, I used to have a sweet tooth but now find the apple and cinnamon porridge far too sweet.

When I nibbled at the birthday party I went to, I was horribly disappointed at how everything tasted! (Apart from the home-baked choccy birthday cake, which was fab.) You could really tell the difference between the home-made stuff and the shop-bought - the Iceland gateaux that my mother-in-law took just tasted like puffed-up chemicals with some sweet glop on top - yuck! :jelous:

I've said it before - I think this diet teaches us how to appreciate quality over quantity (and that cheating isn't worth it!). And we shouldn't really be surprised if our tastes change afterwards! :)

I had a green/white meal today. Anyone who knows me knows I detest very few veg but cucumber and lettuce are two i hate with a passion. Today I had both and they were yummy. Strange

Back