It's just Lisa ...

LovelyLisa2012

It's just Lisa, not Big Lisa, not Fat Lisa, just Lisa.

I find myself here again. Not this website, but on Day 1 of some sort of weight loss plan. Today though, Im calling it a "life style change", at least I would like to think I can make it that far.

I have tried every diet you can think of, It's not that they didn't work. Yes I lost weight, but I just couldn't do it long term. I am going to mix it up alittle as I go to try and stop myself from becoming bored. I tried Exante last year and still have some shakes left over, so will use those for a few days as Breakfast and Lunch and then have a healthy dinner, my thinking is this will get me in the "mood" lol. Who knows? Can't do anyharm.

I weighed myself this week and to my horror I was 17 stone 11lb. Heaviest I have ever been. Now I know why my Friends have been adding the nicknames. My best friend is also called Lisa and a way to tell us apart now is by saying "Big Lisa" when referring to me. It's not nice but I can't let them know that, because i'm the jolly fat one lol. On the outside at least.

So, Hello day 1. Don't want to be rude but I hope I never ever see you again.

Last edited:
Hi Lisa :)

Good attitude! I think it's hard to get bored of calorie counting cos it isn't restrictive. You can fit pretty much anything you want into your calories! Yeah, obviously you sometimes just want a day to pig out on whatever, but on the whole it is pretty easy going :)

Good luck!

Thanks Bostik, i tried adding u on My Fitness Pal not sure if it has worked as my laptop is about 6 years old and as slow as a week in the jail.

X

It worked :)

I have just made an impulsive, expensive buy online. I thought about going to the gym, going running outside but I just don't have the confidence yet. So I bought a tredmill *eek*. I couldn't buy any old one as most of them only hold upto 15 stone 10lb, so as you can imagine I have no savings left now.

All be worth it though!! I cant wait to starting running/walking again. Really excited now.

It'll work out in the long run. All the monthly gym memberships add up! Also, you won't have the it's too cold to go out excuse or anything cos it's in your house :p

I feel really excited lol how sad can I get? I have signed up for a 10k in May now, I done it last year and I walked most of it and ran alittle. Im not aiming for miracles, but if I could improve my time and run alittle more than last year I will be pleased.

All the very best to you Lisa, CC and MFP is working really well for me (8lbs in 3 weeks) and that is me really struggling at times to fit in the exercise!! Feel free to add me on MFP x

Welcome! Everyone on here is amazing and has helped me no end so you've come to the right place. MFP is fantastic, I added you on there earlier. Good luck with the treadmill, I'm not much of a treadmill person myself as I get bored too easily.

Ho Lisa and welcome to CCing. I hope you find it as rewarding as we all do. Minimins is great for support through the good and bad times, so your definitley in the right place.

When does your treadmill arrive? Very exciting! :)

Thanks everyone, was never much of a tredmill person either tbh. My Daughter has put a stop to going out for walk/runs lol when we do go out as u all no they r the boss of when to go home ;-)

It arrived yesterday, woke up this morning pretty sore lol so must be doing something right.

Hopped on scales for a sneak peak, 2lbs down. Phew! Going in right direction

It's getting closer and closer to midnight, then it will be official. 4 years since my baby boy was stillborn. It hasnt gotten any easier and this year i have my daughter to think about so i cant take to bed. Il need to try so hard as i tend to binge during times of sadness.

Can't even imagine how difficult that is. I know many people, including my sister, who have had multiple miscarriages but to have gone through that, I can't even begin to imagine. I don't really know what to say, I know that nothing will make it any better or easier for you. Will be thinking of you.

Thank you. Normally i dont talk about what happened or mention it because people find it difficult to listen. But im going to remember him this year, even if it is difficult. Think its time xx

Hope youre okay hun. Its gonna be hard but thats okay. Focus on your little princess too :)

Thinking of doing this kettleworx malarky everyone is talking about. Any advice? X

I LOVE it. If you do it, be prepared for slower losses but you will lose inches too! In 3 weeks I've lost only 4.5lbs but I've lost 9.5 inches from my hips, waist and back! And try to up your protein a little if you can, it will help you build up muscle through doing it (no you won't get big from it though) which means you'll have a higher metabolism, burn more calories all the time and generally look better. I honestly think it's fantastic and would highly recommend it.

Where did u get urs? Iv had a look but seems alittle out my budget :-/

Well today has been exercise mad! Iv burnt over a thousand calories :)

Making homemade meatballs for tonights tea cant wait they smell amazing, then havin some pud for after but shouldnt do any damage. Woop.

Week one results 6lbs :)

Back