Its Nine months and still very slim! Magic

Getslimquick

Been liberated by Exante!
Just a quick post to say that its now nine months since I reached my target with Exante. It was the best thing I have ever done and I feel 100% better than I did on 7 March 2011. Almost seven stones lost and crucially still lost.

I enjoy feeling well, I enjoy being active and I just love wearing great clothes.
Everything that used to ache no longer aches, I don't get so tired carrying two large suitcases with me everywhere I go.

Best of all is that I now feel good about myself - I don't apologise for being me or being alive, I don't hide. I am assertive, confident and I am OK!

Its really tough being fat and no one wants to be there, but its an addiction and not a personality flaw. We eat for many reasons, habit, relationships, comfort, - probably the least common is hunger. I now see food as fuel and pleasure - but primarily its fuel. It keeps me well and there are lots of other things in my life which make me feel good.

So good luck to all you Exanters - keep on going, when you fall pick yourself up and try again.

Its just magic being slim.

GSQ

Well done to you. It is so reassuring to know people are losing and keeping it off. X

Wow,
Well done GSQ, I'm hoping by weighing myself every few days, I can keep on track and maintain my goal weight when I shift this last stone! Last time I lost weight it crept back on, I think I thought I didn't need to try anymore when I got there. I didn't weigh myself for ages and by then it was too late. Anyway I have learnt my lesson. The scales will be well used this time. x

foodjunkie10 said:
Well done for maintaining do you find it difficult x

Thank you. Yes and no really, I suppose the main thing is that I have changed my head. I am now convinced that food and eating is not as important as feeling good.

I learnt lots of new ways of being when I did Exante TS. I learnt it was ok to be hungry - nothing bad happens and I could wait for food. I learnt to enjoy exercise and learnt to feel good about myself and food.

The downside is that stress is an issue as ever. Like most people I learnt to respond to life stresses by eating and it's difficult to unlearn that. Comfort and food are so closely connected. I am still learning to disconnect that learnt response.

I have tough days, not so good days and great days but whatever happens and whatever I have eaten the next day is a fresh start. Back to the routine I know works - so each day porridge and fruit, salad and fish for lunch, control the carbs, avoid fat. Dinner is light, protein, vegetables and a treat! The treats are hilarious really - the best four jelly babies.

Anyway it still seems to be working and I am driven by the feeling good more than anything. I hope this helps, I am not sure I have found the miracle cure but a day at a time and it works.

Best wishes

GSQ

Love that you keep returning to update.. Thank you. It's reassuring to see people managing to maintain after Exante xx

The Horizon tv programme on fasting is well worth watching. BBC Monday night, it's on I player - available for about two months. The research seems to show clearly that VLCD are actually good.

Physiology is complex but two days of fasting (600 cals) and five days of eating seem to help with all the bad effects of obesity.

Forwards and onwards. Here we go

GSQ.

My work colleague also mentioned this programme and how interesting it was - will try and watch it on the iplayer if I get a chance.

Thank you so much for sharing, congratulation on the weight loss and keeping it off! You give others hope for losing and maintaining, please keep sharing with us

Back