Step 1 Sole Source Its not just us that suffer it seems. The effects of CD on our Partners

Bayboy

So I'm now into my fourth week of Sole Source and have noticed that my wife is not eating properly. We used to cook a lot together and eat some great food, but since I have been on CD she has been eating alot of tinned soup et. Now my wife is tiny size 8-10 and really does not need to be loosing any weight. She does not see the point in cooking just for herself... so i naturally got a little worried.

So I took things into my own hands and cooked her up a few batches of food over the weekend. I made her up a nice big lasagne, a fish pie and some beef casserole. I broke it down into small meal sized tubs and have dropped it all in the freezer. Its nice this week because she has been eating again! I've been picking up some fresh veggies for her on the way home from work and making it up for her. I'm finding that bit pretty therapeutic, but its when I sub consciously dip my finger in to taste..... and suddenly stop myself! Crisis averted.

Have you guys experienced similar things? The first week my wife insisted on eating in the kitchen rather than in front of me, I wish she had just come in lol

No one?

my other half is kind of the opposite. We used to do slimming world together but since starting CWP he's gone completely off track and is eating all the kind of things he shouldnt be! i make his packed lunches so i know that they are healthy but when it comes to tea time he's using a lot more things like cheese, sauces, etc some days he doesnt eat much at all but others he could nearly feed us both! Im now on step 3 and starting to eat again but we are still not having the same foods.
He's not having take away's which we used to do together and he's not eating chocolate and crisps, but he's not making healthy choices like he used to :(
He knows that he needs to lose weight and that he needs to get back on track but because im not there saying that we cant have this and we cant have that he seems to have lost his way a bit.
I think i just need to give him a bit of encouragement to eat more healthily at tea times. .....im trying to help him without sounding like im nagging!

My husband and I did slimming world together but I cook he can't make a thing so he's been living off roast chicken and salad everyday n smelling it cooking for 90 mind kills me lol. It's only thing he can do himself.
I've ended up batch cooking for him but found it weird not checking seasoning etc lol.
He doesn't need to lose weight he's a 34 inch waist but likes to look after himself as he's seen his dad creep up to 35 stone over the years & now he can't even leave the house. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I only started on 28/09/2012 and I went shopping with my hubby and it killed me!
But on the plus side... He is learning to cook for himself!
My hubby could do with loosing a few pounds but he thinks dieting will kill him!

Well done people:).... Keep going

I have found this with my partner, at first he wouldn't eat in front of me and now he eats everything I crave in front of me!! I don't think he knows how to react to me not eating as eating out and having meals has been a big part of our relationship. .

On the upside he has learnt to cook!! (Although not impressed that he is now cooking steak etc when I can't eat it!) hope it lasts!!

How are you finding SS?

Awww bless your wife, I do the cooking in my house, and I wouldnt just cook for myself either! me and my husband are doing it together so thats alot easier, although if one of you cracks! and the other is positive, you can get easily swayed! :) keep it up everyone!

im still cooking for my other half. He eats in front of me too, lol no worries to him. I think he likes me being on a diet though, because i'm the fussy one, so i've been experimenting more and making him stuff from scratch- as i now have time to cook something as i don't need to eat....if that makes sense! haha So he's revelling in it. I can't wait to try some of the things i've made up. I also did what you did and have been doing big batches and freezing things....nothing serves one these days does it?!

I seem to be quite lucky, as my husband will cook for himself.

We still sit down together and "have a meal"... It's pretty hard watching him eat the nicer food though!

I cook during the week and my other half cooks on the weekend. I HATE cooking (even when not dieting) but I've notice that I make much nicer meals for the family when I'm on the Cambridge! lol

Back