I've already ruined my good intentions!

Xcharlibobx

Silver Member
I joined class on Thursday... (previously been going alone then fell off the wagon) & I was 100% on Fri & Sat.

Then yesterday & today fell apart :(

Yesterday I ended up dragging in to London as hubby had an on-call emergency & I was begged to go with him - ended up in Nandos as his bosses treat.
Then today someone drove into the car while I was in it & in all the hoo ha hubby took me to McDs to calm me down...

And I had such good intentions! I've only been back less than a week & ruined it. Both times were poor excuses really. I've been 100% otherwise!

I feel guilty, I could have said no & I could have made better choices but I wasn't prepared :( I'm hoping once I'm back in the swing of things I'll be able to think before I order in such tempting situations...

I've been shopping & planned to be syn free the rest of the week & I'll hit the gym. But I doubt it'll help. I'm hoping I won't gain, that'd be awful for first weigh in :'(

Charli XxX

Right, it's happened. Get that ruler and draw a line under it, learn from it and move on. Looking back does us no good. There's still a few days until your wi so you might be surprised. If not then you know what you need to do next week!!! Well done on making the first step and joining, we all have slip ups and make mistakes. It's up to you, though, whether you allow that to ruin the rest of the week xx

rachel1984 said:
Right, it's happened. Get that ruler and draw a line under it, learn from it and move on. Looking back does us no good. There's still a few days until your wi so you might be surprised. If not then you know what you need to do next week!!! Well done on making the first step and joining, we all have slip ups and make mistakes. It's up to you, though, whether you allow that to ruin the rest of the week xx

Very true. I'm planning to be good & stocked up on good things. I'm also staying in (apart from the gym) so no temptations :) I just can't believe I let myself be so bad! Only lasted 2 days!! I'm not usually that bad when I'm "off" diet. Bad Charli! Lol.

Charli XxX

All_about_the_climb said:
It's not ruined, it's a minor slip. You can get past it, I know it's easier said than done but draw a line under it and keep on track :) You can do it :)

Aw Ta :) I'm trying to be positive!!

Charli XxX

Ok the first thing I would do is work out how many syns you had @ Nandos & McyD's then deduct that amount from 105, are there any syns left? If so that's how many you have left until next WI. If not well it's done now & not worth worrying over, but you can chose to stick to plan from now until next WI.

Yes you could have planned it better, when OH offered to take you to McyD's to cheer you up you could have chosen something else maybe some nice shampoo, shower gel, make up................................... it needn't be food that makes you feel better.

I was once told the best way to stop a habit is to replace it with another & maybe this is what you need to do, replace food being the treat with something else, it still could be food but maybe homemade burger, hexb wholemeal bun, hexa cheese & salad with SW chips:D

I was once told the best way to stop a habit is to replace it with another & maybe this is what you need to do, replace food being the treat with something else, it still could be food but maybe homemade burger, hexb wholemeal bun, hexa cheese & salad with SW chips:D

My favourite meal :)

No point in regretting it now, it's done and over with. Try and be very good until WI and if you gain you gain, better gaining and knowing why than gaining when you've been very good! Start a fresh next week and hopefully you'll have a loss! :) Slimmingworld's not a quick fix it's a lifelong thing and in the big scheme of things, it won't make much difference, don't worry. xx

Thanks all *hugs* :D

I'm usually very good when I'm on plan & I don't even really like McDs lol!! (I do love Nando's & usually do a low syn version at home!)

I need to plan better for food "emergencies". Maybe keep a mugshot in my handbag haha!! Imagine that falling out...

I'll try not to dwell & see what the scales say, it might be ok :s

(Also hubby is coming to group with me, so he shouldn't encourage me, and I know he'll still lose :()

Charli XxX

If its your first week you have prb eaten better than you usually do on the whole...right? Maybe you just won't lose as much as you could have done? And at least it happened early on and you can experience th crap after feeling!

There is a thread on here of a girl who has a blow out once a week (off syns usually after weight in) sh wouldn't be told she could do better without because she was still losing and happy but she decided to stop and realised how much more she was loosing without :)

I think you will be fine, like the others say, draw a line under it and aim for a great 100% SW week :)

Good luck

Very true! I eat quite well anyway (Habit from when I originally started SW 4 years ago!) but haven't lost anything for ages & I noticed 7lbs crept on!! Mainly because I wasn't be careful enough with what I ate.

So yes, I have been healthier overall (less wine & cheeky lunchtime crisps for a start!) So I'm kinda hoping for a STS :)

We'll see... 2 days to go!! Lots of super speed foods for me :D

Charli XxX

Good luck with the WI.

I'm in a similar situation. I joined SW last Thurday and ended up having a mad weekend filled with cocktails! Regretted it the next day. And then to make it worse I ended up getting a puncture today (my WI day) and drowned my sorrows in a mushroom bagal (15syns!)

As eveyone else has said, we just need to draw a line under it and move! I can't wait to have a 100% week!

Good luck :D

holywell said:
Good luck with the WI.

I'm in a similar situation. I joined SW last Thurday and ended up having a mad weekend filled with cocktails! Regretted it the next day. And then to make it worse I ended up getting a puncture today (my WI day) and drowned my sorrows in a mushroom bagal (15syns!)

As eveyone else has said, we just need to draw a line under it and move! I can't wait to have a 100% week!

Good luck :D

The silly thing is we do it to ourselves!! Hehe :D (Mushroom bagel sounds delish!!) & weekends are soooo hard!!

I've got everything crossed for 8pm... As long as I don't gain I'll be happy, even if I deserve it!

Charli XxX

Wow, lost 3 lbs. So don't deserve it but very very pleased :D

Hopefully I'll lose more next week by being good!! Lol ;)

Charli XxX

Wow, lost 3 lbs. So don't deserve it but very very pleased :D

Hopefully I'll lose more next week by being good!! Lol ;)

Charli XxX

Fantastic well done :) xx

I've fell apart all flaming week! :/ had a month off and just can't get back onto it x

bevhunter1986 said:
I've fell apart all flaming week! :/ had a month off and just can't get back onto it x

I had 12 months off, sometimes you need it :) You'll get your head back were it needs to be eventually! (That's why I went back to group). Have you got something to aim for? Or is there something else going on that's stopping you? (might not be obvious :)) You'll get there!

Charli XxX

Right, I've decided that if I can lose 3lb when I'm naughty I can aim for 11 more in 5 weeks... Not the easiest challenge!!

But my stone award just before my holiday would be a good incentive not to be too bad while I'm sunning myself :D

(And I have a bikini staring at me...)

So I'm going to try another few weeks of EE & hitting the gym (gently ;))

And I'm crossing everything!!

Charli XxX

Back