I've been away!!! HELP ME TO GET BACK!!!

littleflower2

Hi guys
ive been off for a few weeks...tried the refeeding thing and did really really well for 4 days...then i thought i knew it all and it went pear shaped!!!!!! i am all out of sorts and actually missed being in control! I thought i could maybe do the healthy eating thing...but with me it is all or nothing!!!! I've had guests staying with me...going out for lunch and dinner (and dessert) so no self control! I am intending to restart 100% on Sunday 6th June for 3 weeks before i go away for a long weekend! jeez there's always something!!!!!! I need help to get started again....i missed everyone...and see lots of newbies!!! x

Hi littleflower, you can do this! it's only 3 weeks and as you know they'll fly by after the first week. Good luck xx

Honey, I hate to say this but... here is a bit of tough love (Arnty in on her soap box!). I don't think you will ever suceed at this diet unless you make a 100% commitment. That means either taking a shaker so you can carry on whilst you are away or cancelling your plans. It will do you no good going back and forth with this as all the others on here that have re-gained weight and re-started all say that it is very difficult to get into it again.

I had been wanting to do this diet for 18 months before I started and once I made that commitment, I cancelled two holidays so that it never interefered with it. I have since been out for lunches and ate the flapjack and even to a dinner/dance and watched everyone tucking into a four course meal and drinking lovely wine. I again, sat there with a flapjack and a jug of water. It never worried me at all and I was the first up to dance!

When I started on my journey, I knew that I was only going to do this the once. If you diet for three weeks, you will still need to give yourself an extra week to re-feed correctly. If I were you, I would not start until you have a clear diary. If think you want to lose 3 stone or so? You can easily lose a stone a month. You can do it honey, you just have to really put your mind to it! All the very best to you. xXx

Honey, I hate to say this but... here is a bit of tough love (Arnty in on her soap box!). I don't think you will ever suceed at this diet unless you make a 100% commitment. That means either taking a shaker so you can carry on whilst you are away or cancelling your plans. It will do you no good going back and forth with this as all the others on here that have re-gained weight and re-started all say that it is very difficult to get into it again.

I had been wanting to do this diet for 18 months before I started and once I made that commitment, I cancelled two holidays so that it never interefered with it. I have since been out for lunches and ate the flapjack and even to a dinner/dance and watched everyone tucking into a four course meal and drinking lovely wine. I again, sat there with a flapjack and a jug of water. It never worried me at all and I was the first up to dance!

When I started on my journey, I knew that I was only going to do this the once. If you diet for three weeks, you will still need to give yourself an extra week to re-feed correctly. If I were you, I would not start until you have a clear diary. If think you want to lose 3 stone or so? You can easily lose a stone a month. You can do it honey, you just have to really put your mind to it! All the very best to you. xXx

With all due respect Arntyjax I don't think you need to commit to this diet for the long haul to be 100% commited. I don't think that is fair because everyone is different.Yes it may be difficult to get back into it after a break but I am sure there are also times of great difficulty whilst on it.

I think it takes guts to do what you have done but it also takes great guts to do it with breaks in between. Personally I am doing it in two parts and that suits me. I feel ready to refeed in two but I also feel excited about restaring after my holiday.

Littleflower I wish you loads of luck for the next three weeks you can do it hunny xxx

Good luck restarting littleflower. I'm sure you will do it this time. You know how it goes, just keep glugging the water and stay positive, best of luck to you.

I know its not great starting and stopping but i have lots of events and weekends away etc and cant seem to stay in control! Im gonny give it another shot for 3 weeks and hopefully i will be fully focused and wont want to come off it! (but its my anniversary weekend away so want to enjoy it) so we'll see how i get on!!!

Thanks for all the advice and support ladies.....x

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I'd agree with Arntyjax but littlefower, you have your mind made up to do it in little stages. It will be harder on you but that is your choice. Try and eat sensible whilst away so as not to undo the work you put in over the next three weeks. I would do two weeks and one week refeed otherwise you will have wasted your effort.

hi irish molly....thanks....ill do 3 weeks then refeed then head to Dublin for my weekend away...and you know how us irish love to party!!!! haha i will try my best but we go to Dublin quite alot and from experience i know i wont be 100% but i also know i wont be as bad as i normally am! x

Hey there- well done for getting back on it! It's tough but you know it works!

x

Back