I've been converted! Lauren's JUDDD diary..

laurenmay

Gold Member
Hello everyone!

Well, I've looked into JUDDD a while back, and admit I was interested before but a bit sceptical at the same time.. But after watching BBC 2's horizon eat, fast and live longer program -- I'm truly inspired now!! Not only for the weight loss, but also the health benefits too!

Bit about me -- I'm a few weeks short of turning 22, live with my OH and my 1 year old son in our own place, and work full time at Ford Motor Company too. Through binge eating and losing control of myself the past seven months, I've managed to go from a slim size 8 and 9.7 stone to a size 16-18 and 14.8 stone. I've always watched what I ate and worked out in the past, but after Christmas I just hit rock bottom and it all spiralled out of control from there! Which is why I'm here now, adamant to find not only a diet but a sustainable lifestyle change too..

I've chosen Thursday to be my weigh in day, and will weigh tomorrow morning to get an accurate starting weight.. I'll be having 4 UD's a week and 3 DD's, following the most popular pattern of Monday, Wednesday and Friday for DD's.

Luckily my first day tomorrow is an UD, but will make sure I eat mostly healthy and filling foods and not pure junk food as I have been lately!

Really hope this works for me.. Safe to say that after watching the program earlier I've got my hopes up that I'll have success with alternate day fasting in the form of JUDDD!

Wish me luck :)

Hiya :) im starting tomoro also (well i kinda have today!!) been on cd for last 13 weeks so my daily calorie intake is less than 500 so this is my first official DD!
Im 24 almost and have 2 young sons. At my heaviest i was 16st 2 and now i am 12st 5/6 i think il b happy losing a further stone and a half!
We can help each other :D

littlemumma said:
Hiya :) im starting tomoro also (well i kinda have today!!) been on cd for last 13 weeks so my daily calorie intake is less than 500 so this is my first official DD!
Im 24 almost and have 2 young sons. At my heaviest i was 16st 2 and now i am 12st 5/6 i think il b happy losing a further stone and a half!
We can help each other :D

Hi :) I tried CD before but just didn't have the strength to stick to it for longer than a few days! This is the heaviest I've been apart from during pregnancy when I was nearing 15st I think.. I'm not sure what to do about tomorrow, it should technically be an UD on a Thursday but I've eaten loads today, so not sure whether or not I should have an intermittent day of 1200 calories tomorrow maybe? and yeah I'm up for helping each other :)

Hmmm tricky, i guess just do what u want to tomoro as like any diet u start, the day before u generally have a bit of a binge lol!! To say goodbye and all! Do u have a target weight in mind?
Yeah cd is pretty hard goin, but im just used to it now. But my hairs started fallin out now :( so need to try sumfin else!!
Im also going to have thursdays as my weigh in, theyve always been that anyway so sticking to it, my final weigh in frm my cdc tomoro then all down to me!

littlemumma said:
Hmmm tricky, i guess just do what u want to tomoro as like any diet u start, the day before u generally have a bit of a binge lol!! To say goodbye and all! Do u have a target weight in mind?
Yeah cd is pretty hard goin, but im just used to it now. But my hairs started fallin out now :( so need to try sumfin else!!
Im also going to have thursdays as my weigh in, theyve always been that anyway so sticking to it, my final weigh in frm my cdc tomoro then all down to me!

Maybe I'll just aim for the normal UD allowance of 2000 and see how I get on, it's always harder to hit high numbers calorie wise with healthy filling foods! But I'm sure I'll manage :) gonna make sure on UD's that I'm eating as healthily as possible with maybe the odd treat on weekends..
My goal weight is between 9-10 stone, I've always been 9.7 stone before & that's the size and weight I'm most comfortable and confident at so it's where I'd like to be again... How about you?
That's what always put me off with VLCD's -- I love my hair and it would petrify me if it started falling out!

Yeah just do that see how u go!
I plan to do the same i dont wana get into old habbits of eating crap, wana eat good things, fruits, grains, pulses etc.. Lots of protein lower on the carbs :)
Um.... Id like to get to 10.7st but il b happy between 11 and 11.7 so will see what happens.
My wedding dress for next year is a 10-12 and right now im a 12-14 so im working towards that fitting perfect!!

littlemumma said:
Yeah just do that see how u go!
I plan to do the same i dont wana get into old habbits of eating crap, wana eat good things, fruits, grains, pulses etc.. Lots of protein lower on the carbs :)
Um.... Id like to get to 10.7st but il b happy between 11 and 11.7 so will see what happens.
My wedding dress for next year is a 10-12 and right now im a 12-14 so im working towards that fitting perfect!!

Did you watch the show on BBC2 yesterday regarding alternate day fasting? It said that you shouldn't consume too much protein, and I'm normally a fiend for protein so I'll have to cut down!
Ooooh that's exciting that you have a wedding to look forward to! And I'm sure you'll be between a 10-12 in no time!

Did you watch the show on BBC2 yesterday regarding alternate day fasting? It said that you shouldn't consume too much protein, and I'm normally a fiend for protein so I'll have to cut down!
Ooooh that's exciting that you have a wedding to look forward to! And I'm sure you'll be between a 10-12 in no time!
There is a forum in America for Juddd where they nearly all do low carb alongside Juddd, so I wouldn't be too worried about the protein aspect and I have never come accross that, must have had something to do with the health benefit side ? Don't get hung up about limiting this or that just try and eat a balanced diet on your UPs with the odd treat of course, you can always modify what you eat when you are into a good routine x

Thats good to know Bajoleth - i love protein!!! I eat chicken and wafer thin ham alllll the time!!
God im near dribbling at the thhought of eating tomoro !! Got my last cd w.i at 9 then im gonna make myself a brekkie of.... Brown toast, grilled tomato, mushrooms, poached egg and beans!

Well..... I knew id never ger married til i was at a size i was happy so after losin the 3 stone we booked it all 2 weeks ago for next june, so with all the money going into it im pretty confident i wnt let myself get fat again! Id cancel the wedding and lose all that money before i got married fat - trust me!!!!!!

Mmmm your brekkie sounds lush, about this time on a DD I start to think about all the lovely things I am going to eat tomorrow, it keeps me going lol, funny thing is I go to bed hungry but when I wake up I am not and don't have breakfast until about 9am despite the fact that I regulary get up at 6am with my little one, you would think you would still be starving in the morning but it never seems to happen like that ??? I still 'manage' to eat all my UP day cals though ha ha x

DAY ONE -- Took my weight this morning and I'm starting at 14.7 stone. Also written down my measurements to keep track as I know a lot of JUDDD'ers have lost more size than lbs!

It's an UD for me today, and I'm sticking to the 2000 UD calorie allowance.. Oatmeal with skimmed milk and a coffee with skimmed milk for breakfast & then I'm off to get my hair done :)

yoga84 said:
Ooh sounds like a good day :) x

I hope so :) knowing I can have chocolate and so on if I want is kinda making me not want it all that much.. Maybe I'll allow myself one small bar later this evening within my calories but I dunno yet :p lol x

Back