Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

'I've been doing this forever' diary

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Food Diaries' started by carolynn, 24 March 2010 Social URL.

1. carolynn

carolynn Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well just a bit of background. Am 39 and have always had a weight problem, even as a child. About 10 years ago decided to do something about it and joined SW.

Finally got to target after about 2.5 years :eek: This was from about 13 stone to 10 stone.

Over the years the weight has crept back up so joined back again about 3 years ago and am now the WI lady.

I am now the same weight I was 3 years ago (when I first started) :sigh:

No matter how 'good' I am I always have a really slow weight loss - approx 1.5 lb per month. Been to the doctors, hospital, been put on thyroxide etc and I think it boils down to the fact that I have been on a diet for most of my life, and so have knackered my metabolism for good!!!!!!

I also tend to have quite a few holidays a year, and that means I put back everything I have lost, and more. I do try and be good on holidays, but the weight gains have been 'huge'. Usually about 1 stone per 2 weeks :cry:

I know I should exercise but trying to find the time is a nightmare - same old story I'm afraid. Will try and make more of a conscious effort with warmer days and lighter nights.

So, there we are.

I only found this forum a few weeks ago (fantastic BTW) & I'm 'hoping' that by filling in this 'diary' will keep me on track, and hopefully I will get some good support and tips from you guys. So, here goes.........

Today is Extra Easy

B: Total 0% yoghurt (F), with blueberries, raspberries and vanilla (F).
    S: apple (F)
    L: 200g tin of Heinz ravioli (1½ Syns)
    S: nectarine (F)
    D: pork steak (F), breaded using 1 slice nimble (0.5 HEXB), with pasta (F) and homemade tomato sauce (tinned tomatoes, carrot, celery, onion) (F) and 16 olives (2 Syns) and broccoli (F)
    S: 22g bag Snack A Jacks (4½ Syns)

HEXA will be semi-skimmed milk used in cups of tea throughout the day. I also try and drink 2l of water a day.

Total Syns for day: 8

WI tonight. Would like a loss as had a disappointing gain last week which I DID NOT deserve, but had one day this week which was not great so it could go anyway....... Wish me luck ;)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Simmy1978

Simmy1978 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    all the best hun!

4. Star*

Star* Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.83%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I tend to have quite good weight losses but I can put weight on very quickly - at a rate of about 1lb per day. I think everyone is different so you have to stick at what ever works best for you. You can make a difference to your metabolism though. Always eat breakfast, as soon as you feel you can manage it - you need breakfast to kick start your metabolism. Eat real foods rather than processed whenever you can - its easier for your body to break it down eg fuit, veg potato. Exercise will make the biggest difference. Even if its only 20 mins of cardio twice a week - you will burn energy more efficiently. That said I struggle to do any in the Winter but now the weather is a bit better I am going to try fitting in 1 gym session and 1 swimming session per week.

Good Luck!

5. carolynn

carolynn Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Star. I am quite lucky as I do tend to enjoy all the 'right' foods and can't stand processed, ready meals so everything is cooked from scratch. I often think that if I did buy more convenience foods then I would have time to exercise, but I just couldn't face eating cr*p :rolleyes:

Need to start batch cooking and freezing more - but I do love cooking of an evening, I find it great for winding down after a hard day.

I know I do have to try and fit exercise in somewhere. I do have a wii fit so I have to try and be more disciplined with myself in using it!!!

Well I had a 0.5lb loss last night - not fantastic but its still a loss so pleased with that :D

Today is Green

B: 28g Nestle Clusters (HEXB) with milk from HEXA
    L: pasta with homemade tomato sauce (carrot, celery, onion, tinned toms [all F] with 4 olives (½ Syn)
    D: Bean bake - layer of sliced new potatoes (F), layer of Tesco mixed bean salad (F), layer of homemade tomato sauce (F), 8 olives (1 Syn) and then topped with cheese (HEXA) and breadcrumb (HEXB) crumble
    S: Muller with cherry bottom (2 Syns) with plenty of melon, mango and pomegranite
    S: Green & Blacks butterscotch mini egg (2 Syns ?)

HEXA will be semi-skimmed milk used in cups of tea throughout the day. I also try and drink 2l of water a day.

Total Syns for day: :D

Last edited: 26 March 2010
  6. carolynn

carolynn Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Today is another Green

B: 2 slices of Hovis Nibble (HEXB) with 3tsp Lurpak light (4½ Syns) and a poached egg (F)
    S: melon (F)
    L: Remains of my bean bake from last night - potatoes (F), mixed bean salad (F), tomato sauce (F), 4 olives (½ Syn) and then topped with cheese (½ HEXA) and breadcrumb (2 Syns) crumble
    D: Jacket potato (F) filled with 113g tuna (HEXB), capers, cucumber, salad leaves, celery, peppers, 8 olives (1 Syn)
    S: not sure yet......

HEXA will be semi-skimmed milk used in cups of tea throughout the day. I have even started measuring out my milk :D
    I also try and drink 2l of water a day.

Total Syns for day: 8

7. carolynn

carolynn Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well although I havent had chance to post over the weekend, I felt I was good. Kept the syns really down, although I did share a bottle of Red (which was lovely) :D

Worked all weekend in the garden so feeling very virtuous (as well as a bit stiff!). Hoping for a really good loss this week, especially as its my * week and I usually do well. Shouldn't really say that though should I - tempting fate and all that :rolleyes:

Today is Extra Easy

B: 30g sachet Dorset Cereals Cranberry & Raspberry Fruity Porridge (HEXB) with milk from HEXA
    L: Trying the superspeed soup I made last night (carrots, leeks, swede, parsnip, onion, tin of tomatoes, tin of baked beans, tin of lentils, tin of mixed beans and stock (F)
    S: Weight Watchers Dessert Recipe Yogurt (F)
    D: Cod (F) poached in home-made tomato sauce (spring onions (F), tin of tomatoes (F), fresh basil, 8 olives (1 Syn) served with Pesto mash (3½ Syns) and broccoli (F) and asparagus (F)
    S: SW White choc mouse - Options white chocolate sachet (2½ Syns), egg white (F), Splenda (F), Vanilla (F), Total 0% (F), 1/4 tin john west raspberries in juice (1 Syn)

Total Syns for day (so far): 8

Last edited: 30 March 2010
  8. carolynn

carolynn Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Today is Green

B: 28g Nestle Clusters (HEXB) with milk from HEXA

L: Superspeed soup again (carrots, leeks, swede, parsnip, onion, peppers, celery, tin of tomatoes, tin of baked beans, tin of lentils, tin of mixed beans and stock (F)

D: SW Carbonara - Egg yolk (F), Quark (F), Garlic (F), Quorn Bacon Pieces (F), Parmesan HEXA, Linguini (F)

S: Pomegranite (F)

S: Kellogg's Fibre Plus Milk Chocolate Cereal Bar HEXB

S: Snack A Jacks Salt & Vinegar 22g (4½ Syns)

Total Syns for day (so far): (4½ Syns)

WI tomorrow and I really want a good loss so I always try and have as few syns in a Tuesday as possible.

Last edited: 31 March 2010
  9. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You meal plans look lovely Hun and if you dont mind, I will be "borrowing" some of them for myself!

xxx

10. carolynn

carolynn Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Not a problem Mrs V.

TBH I only really do the plans on here so I can keep track of where I am (actually find it easier than the SW online diary) but its great if I can give ideas to other people. I tend to get in a rut - eating the same stuff all the time so this website and other peoples food ideas have been great for me. Just happy I can also contribute.

BTW, the cod I had last night is fantastic - one of my fav meals - including non SW ones too! Even my DBF loves it and its hard to get him to eat fish without batter :D

11. carolynn

carolynn Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Today is Extra Easy and WI day :rolleyes:

B: Total 0% (F) with 10g Whitworths sour cherries (1½ Syns) and raspberry puree (1 syn)

L: Superspeed Soup (carrots, leeks, swede, parsnip, onion, celery, peppers, tin of tomatoes, tin of baked beans, tin of lentils, tin of mixed beans and stock (F)

S: pomegranite (F)

D: 3 x skinny Lizzie sausages (3 syns), SW chips (F), beans (F), egg (F) - no superfree foods - opps!

S: mango and pomegranite (F)

Total Syns for day (so far): (5½ Syns)

Last edited: 1 April 2010
  12. carolynn

carolynn Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well I lost 1lb last night :rolleyes: Know I should be pleased as its a loss, but I was hoping for more :(

Green Today

B: Mullerlight Orange/chocolate yogurt (F)

L: Last of the Superspeed Soup (carrots, leeks, swede, parsnip, onion, celery, peppers, tin of tomatoes, tin of baked beans, tin of lentils, tin of mixed beans and stock) (F)

S: clementine (F)

D: Jacket potato (F), 113g tuna (HEXB), 42g low fat grated cheese (HEXA), capers (F), cucumber (F), 8 olives (1 syn), salad (F), celery (F), 2 tbs hellmans light (4 Syns)

S: Kellogg's Fibre Plus Milk Chocolate Cereal Bar (HEXB)

Total Syns for day (so far): 5 Syns

13. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done on the loss this week Hun!!

x

14. pesty

pesty Fighting the bulge

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Your diary looks really yummy!! There's so much variation!! I really need to include some more different foods into mine i think.

15. carolynn

carolynn Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Pesty - one of my big problems is that I tend to stick to food that I like so I am determined this time round to try and add some variation.

16. pesty

pesty Fighting the bulge

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's going to be my aim for next week!! Vary it a bit! I always have salad or veg for lunch lol. I might do some cooking over the bank holiday so i have left overs for work, trouble is with no microwave its hard to be inventive!! xx

17. carolynn

carolynn Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know my OH (who doesn't need to loose weight BTW) tried the soup I made and loved it so much he has been taking it into work in a flask.

I have to say its been a great lunch this week, especially with the weather being so poor.

18. carolynn

carolynn Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well I had a good and bad Easter, foodwise. Luckily it was definitely more good than bad though!

Ended up doing quite a bit of baking - strawberry cheesecake cupcakes (which I only had 1 :mad:) and a Malteser Chocolate birthday cake (which I had none :D ) and then chocolate malteser buns (which again I had none :D ).

Did get a lovely Green and Blacks Butterscotch Egg though, and broke into it last night. Must have had about 1/6 so not too bad I suppose.

Well back on the straight and narrow today with a Extra Easy Day.

B: 30g sachet Dorset Cereals Cranberry & Raspberry Fruity Porridge (HEXB) with milk from HEXA

S: Clemantine (F)

L: Yet more of the Superspeed Soup (carrots, leeks, parsnip, onion, celery, peppers, tin of tomatoes, tin of baked beans, tin of lentils, tin of mixed beans and stock) (F)

S: Vanilla Muller with chocolate sprinkles (F)

S: Tesco Digestive biscuit (3½ Syns)

D: Chicken (F) and vegetable stir fry (asparagus, baby corn, peas, peppers, onion, mushroom) (F) and 'may' even have some noodles with it (F) - depending on how much veg I have.

Total Syns for day (so far): 3½ Syns

Last edited: 7 April 2010
  19. carolynn

carolynn Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    WI day for me today :confused:

Not sure what to expect - did go out on Friday night and had quite a bit to drink, but was 'extra' good the rest of the week to make up for it.

Wish me luck. :rolleyes:

Extra Easy

B: Total 0% (F) with 10g Dorset Cereals Honey Granola (2½ Syns)

L: Superspeed Soup (carrots, leeks, parsnip, onion, celery, peppers, tin of tomatoes, tin of baked beans, tin of lentils, tin of mixed beans and stock) (F)

S: Vanilla Muller with chocolate sprinkles (F)

D: Chicken breast (F) breaded with Hovis Nimble White Bread - 1 slice (2½ Syns), served with Pesto Pasta (3½ Syns), broccoli (F)and asparagus (F)

Total Syns for day (so far):

20. carolynn

carolynn Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    0.5lb loss last night at WI. Not great I know, but I keep telling myself that its all the right direction. Would love to try and give it a boost though, esp as I go away 4 weeks today :D Anyone got any ideas? I thought the soup may do it, but no luck there.....:(

Green Today

B: Oat so simple sachet (HEXB) made with milk from HEXA allowance, Splenda (F) and some frozen raspberries (F)

L: Superspeed Soup (carrots, leeks, parsnip, onion, celery, peppers, tin of tomatoes, tin of baked beans, tin of lentils, tin of mixed beans and stock) (F)

S: Muller light with cherry layer (2 syns)

S: Fresh Pineapple (F)

D: Jacket potato (F) filled with 113g tuna (HEXB), capers, cucumber, salad leaves, celery, peppers, 8 olives (1 Syn), 42g low fat grated cheese (HEXA)

Total Syns for day (so far): 3 Syns

21. pesty

pesty Fighting the bulge

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello!!

The soup didnt do it for me either!! lol try a success express week, that gave me a big boost!!

Incase you dont know, it's the same as in EE but you have 2/3rds of each meal superfree and try to snack on superfree foods to! Might be just what you need :)

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.