I've failed soooo many times, any suggestions??

Mattysmum

Hello all

i hope I don't sound like a drain on people, but I've joined SW about 8 times and am now doing it online and I think I did it for like 1 day which I know sounds pathetic! I've battled with my wright since 16 and now I'm 38 I just am beside myself, I'm not big, but I feel big, I just don't know what is wrong with me and why I can't stick to the programme.

I put put my weight on around my face, it's so annoying! If anyone is going through the same, could you let me know, and maybe, just maybe will kick start me.

many thanks for reading
xx

I am exactly the same. I joined online yesterday, but ive already had an online account, and i must have joined a class about 4 times before, and each time i lose a bit of weight then give up. I dont know why but its really getting me down. Got up today and eaten rubbish. My excuse this time is i did a big weekly shop before joining so have loads in to eat but non sw friendly. Im going to use this time to find loads of recipes off the website and make a shopping list ready for my sunday shop, then im going to start properly on monday. Im also going to actually use my gym membership, going to go tonight for the first time in 2 months (since i joined pretty much) and ive booked myself in for lots of classes spread over the week.

Think part of my problem is i have so much stuff to concentrate on, 3 kids, husband, housework, starting college in sept and trying to do my personal statement for uni, slimming just feels like another chore. BUT, my weight is making me so miserable. I need to get into the swing of things now, and do this for me and my family.

Good luck with everything, sorry for rambling on xx

What do you think it is that is making you fail? Have you done a food plan and bought lots of SW friendly food in. Do you not like fruit and veg? Are you not eating enough and feeling deprived. This is my first time trying slimming world and I'm only 4 weeks in but I'm loving it. Eating more than ever, have more energy. But, if it wasn't for my boyfriend doing all the cooking I wouldn't be able to do it. I've struggled with my weight for years too and this is the best thing I've ever done. You need to just decide that its time to change and give yourself a couple of weeks to get used to it. I felt quite bloated the first few days and I was going hungry because I thought I should be depriving myself but I've got out of that mindset now and I'm eating plenty and still seeing results. Don't be too hard on yourself, you've taken the first step, but don't be too easy on yourself either, give yourself a kick up the arse and get on with it! Plenty of support on here when you need it too, maybe post a food diary or join one of the challenges. Sorry, that got a bit long and preachy there. Best of luck!

I'm interested when you say you're not big but you feel big... hope you don't mind me asking but whereabouts are you? Are you within a healthy weight range but don't feel you look good? Do you have health issues? It might be worth doing a really good look at why it is you want to lose weight. Those motivations are really key to sticking at it, I find.

I was exactly like you until I realised the reason WHY i had a weight problem. If i go off whatever diet i did in the past, inc sw, I just said to myself "ah well it's ruined now" thereby giving myself license to eat a load of crap until I felt "better", whatever that was! I personally have to go to group and stay for the talk regligiously. if you gain you gain, sw is teaching you how to feed yourself for the rest of your life, its not supposed to be a strict diet!

also, you say your not big...what weight are you? just in case its something more serious then not sticking to a diet, you could have body dysmorphia or something. I only say that because I have a sister who suffers from this and she too has tried diets for years...but shes only 8st.

Well said ^^^^

I'd also like to add, starting anything new is daunting and perhaps you're 'worried' you're not doing it right & then give up, I agree you need to plan meals, they don't have to be 'diet' meals, they can fit in with all the family, most meals I'd say can be made SW friendly just pop on the recipe section here for ideas and sub to a few diaries.

Take a few mins each day to plan the next days food also add in a few treats, whatever that maybe, wine, chocolate, tomato sauce, mayo etc.

You also need to think do you really want to lose weight, you say it's your face, but is that really a problem, is your height & weight ratio ok, if saw why bother.

Either way, support is here on this forum for you ;)

Back