I've figured it out!

Loucille2

The absolute secret to having decent losses is water! My week 3 was a 3lb loss and week 4 only. 2lb loss. Where I was happy to lose anything it is literally as my enthusiasm with the water slowed down. This week I've limited myself to coffee (mostly decaf) until 12pm only and have managed to shift 4lb!

It's silly really cause I know water is super important from when I lost quite a bit of weight a few years go but somehow these things just slip your mind.

Keep up the water people!

L xox

Well done on the loss!!

You're so right, and I know I don't make enough effort to drink enough. How much did you drink this week on average each day? If I get to 2L I think I've done OK but I guess a bit more would help?

x

I'd say about 2 litres plus realistically 2-4 cups of coffee in the morning. It didn't really dawn on me until this morning that that was what was making the difference!

So you're probably having about 3L I guess. I need to up mine, thank you! x

Yeah, probably somewhere around there!

In the first 2 weeks I was having at least 3 litres and not much coffee as I'm not a fan of it black then week 3 I figured out I could use some shake to "whiten" it and by week 4 I was using at least half a shake per day in my coffee. Surprise, surprise, my weight loss was a bit crap!

I was reading up on Atkins for post Exante and it was talking about how it's physically impossible for your body to metabolise the fat without plenty of water and also how much strain it puts on your liver and kidneys if they have to try and flush all those toxins with minimal fluid. It was more this thy made me start thinking about it again. I'm taking it further this week and limiting myself to 1 cup in the morning and I'm going to keep it decaf (again, book says caffeine affects blood sugars and therefore Ketosis) so we'll see if I'm right next Sunday! Haha!

Good luck!

L xox

Really interesting, thanks for sharing.

x

Thanks for this post. Are you using the vanilla shake in your coffee? If we drink over 4 litres per day is this bad - should you stop at 4?

Vanilla is my fave in coffee. Just a teaspoon really to make it taste white! Having said that, sometimes I go nuts and have quite a bit so it's latte-ish ;)

I've also used chocolate to make a mocha type thing and yes, I've had banana too! That makes it sweeter obviously. Usually what I did was have half for coffee and half as an actual shake later on. Never been desperate enough to put Strawberry in there though!

I think you can drink more than 4 litres (if you can fit it in around peeing!) but it should be sipped slowly. Downing a lot at a time is dangerous as you can kind of drown yourself (if you're old enough, think Leah Betts). That's true of having 2 litres too though I think.

L xox

I tried mixing the coffee in today but didnt like it so much! Sometimes, i'll put loads of ice in the blender and smaller amount of water, makes them really thick, particularly nice with the chocolate shake. It is funny how you forget to drink water once the intially enthusiasim wains off. I don't like black tea or coffee so water is my only source of drink and even I forget how little i've drunk.

I just make a normal hot brew and then whisk a teaspoon of shake in (pretty well exactly the same way as coffee mate)

L xox

I'm gonna try that tomorrow - I love coffee mate!

Well, day one and I managed to have 1 cup of coffee first thing this morning.

Switched to drinking peppermint tea as I just can't do without hot drinks! Still, had just under 2 litres of water too. Feel pretty good actually!

How did you get on MrsGlas81?

L xox

Loucille2 said:
Well, day one and I managed to have 1 cup of coffee first thing this morning.

Switched to drinking peppermint tea as I just can't do without hot drinks! Still, had just under 2 litres of water too. Feel pretty good actually!

How did you get on MrsGlas81?

L xox

Liked the 'latte' thanks for the tip :) I drank nearly 4litres yesterday, and I lost 3/4lb after staying the same for 3 days! So I'm going to try the same today, so yes, I'm with you, it defiantly works :)

Woo hoo! Excellent news. Suppose it just goes to show how important it is xox

Hi everyone. Interesting thread, I have just started back on TS after a disastrous 6 weeks since back from our holidays. Managed to stay on track yesterday & found the water intake essential to keep the hunger pangs at bay and it also stops me from drinking tea which I cant drink black yuk. I think 4L is about right for good weight loss. Anything above that may effect our sodium levels.

Back