I've Gained Please Help :-(

grungepetals

Hi,

I am feeling so low, I have gained 3 pounds in a week.
I went to see a nutritionist and found out I was allergic to wheat and dairy so i cut it out and when i cut it out i lost 4 pounds on the first week.
Now this week ive done the same diet (1200 calories a day) but i went out the weekend and had 6 drinks but this shouldnt equal a 3 pound gain.
May I add aswell alot of my calories are from protein and vegetables because of my allergies im not really eating many carbs!!
Has anyone had a week like this, I just feel so discouraged because i can feel myself limiting so much and im getting angry, dizzy etc and if im gaining then whats the point!
Please can someone help or explain.

It could be water retention/food in your system/anything. A 3 lb gain does not always mean fat! If you've not had an extra 10500 calories you will have not gained three pounds.

I agree with PP though, 1,200 is low and if you're getting dizzy I would up your food intake. I can gain loose 5lb in a day because of water retention or food still in my system. It's not real weight though, not unless you have overeaten.

Hi Hun x

Don't get upset .. I agree with both of the above ..
And I think you need to eat more .! 1200 really isn't a lot x
If you eat 1500-1600 a day you will feel better .. I do the TDEE minus 20% way of eating and lost nearly 4lbs in the first month .. And I now only weigh monthly .. With a couple sneaky looks lol ... But as other posters have said weight fluctuates so much ..!! I think monthly weighing gives a better picture x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello! Don't despair :) Sometimes I have lost....but then I do one 'naughty' thing (like your drinks, like a hamburger and chips...something where I go over) and the next day there is a big gain. But then, if I eat clean and drink lots of water the next couple of days, the 'gain' drops right away. I would suggest eating well the next couple of days and then weighing yourself again, you might see a dramatic loss.

Back