I've gained weight! Plus some positive stuff too :D

lunar jim

Gold Member
2lbs on over the past 20 days. I suspect if has been since last Monday when I last exercised... No working out for me last week, too poorly. None this week or next week, doctors orders.

Yeah, it's only 2lbs and I'll get it back off. But it just goes to show what happens when you don't alter your diet and become sedentary!

On the positive side, I was back at Rockingham last weekend, working for a different race team. As some of you know I took last year off as the team I'd worked for disbanded due to the recession.

Anyway, loads of the the old faces were there and haven't seen me in over a year. A lot of them just walked past me, didn't even recognise me lol. Plenty of double takes too :D

Fantastic!
I love that shocked look when you meet up with people you haven't seen in ages.
Great job you have, I love motorsport. Big F1 fans in our house, but I will watch anything with an engine. :D

Hi

I love those double takes... hahahahaha! What a great feeling!

I'm a petrolhead... love F1 and MotoGP!

Lx

Oooh yes, Moto GP is good, and BTCC, NASCAR, INDY, GP2...etc. lol

Fantastic!
I love that shocked look when you meet up with people you haven't seen in ages.
Great job you have, I love motorsport. Big F1 fans in our house, but I will watch anything with an engine. :D

Ah, I'm an IT project manager in real life, I don't get paid for the motorsport unfortunately...

But, it gets me out! And it's fun being around the cars.

Ooh, I can do stuff with them I couldn't before I lost the weight :D This weekend the exhaust needed rebuilding. Because space is tight the best way to do it is to remove the transmission tunnel and fit some of it while sitting in the driver's seat. The seats have full wraparound sides and I could fit no problem :D

Sounds stupid but I'd always wanted to sit in the car but I couldn't. Despite working on race cars for 7 years I still felt like a kid sat in the drivers seat, blipping the throttle to test my handywork :D

My dog is called Jenson. I have a cat called Mika... and another one called Whisky... (that's my b/f love of single malts!!) hahaha

hahaha actually that's very apt because my Mika doesn't shut up - he's the loudest cat ever (and he's a Siamese - renowned for being chatty!!).
Lx

I though Mika was great! Very good sense of humour.
In our house we always rooted for him, and Hill, Montoya, Alonso, Jenson, Villeneuve, Mansell (showing my age now) and very much detested the evil cheating one who shall not be named... and no I don't mean Voldemort! HAHA!

p.s Those trucks look great.

I though Mika was great! Very good sense of humour.
In our house we always rooted for him, and Hill, Montoya, Alonso, Jenson, Villeneuve, Mansell (showing my age now) and very much detested the evil cheating one who shall not be named... and no I don't mean Voldemort! HAHA!

p.s Those trucks look great.

She always thought he was slimy and a whinger lol Rooted for Mansell of course, and I've followed Montoya in Champ Cars, F1 and now NASCAR

You should come and see the trucks race! The top four in both races at the weekend werecovered by something like 0.4 seconds... They're at Brands next weekend and it'll be on Motors TV soon.

lol

They do look like good fun!! We are always looking for things to do on the weekends, so a trip to a race circuit could be on the cards! lol

My b/f is a HUGE Schumacher fan (look - i went and said it! lol). He loves Ferrari (he's got a prancing horse tattoo on his leg!!) and we visited Maranello last year - and as we were staying in Bologna, we visited the Ducati factory - omygod - he was in heaven!! I'm sure he loves his Ducati more than he loves me... lol Actually that's not really funny!

I've got a soft spot for Jenson and I used to love Damon. You can imagine the arguments we used to have in my house! lol

All good fun!

Lx

lol

They do look like good fun!! We are always looking for things to do on the weekends, so a trip to a race circuit could be on the cards! lol

My b/f is a HUGE Schumacher fan (look - i went and said it! lol). He loves Ferrari (he's got a prancing horse tattoo on his leg!!) and we visited Maranello last year - and as we were staying in Bologna, we visited the Ducati factory - omygod - he was in heaven!! I'm sure he loves his Ducati more than he loves me... lol Actually that's not really funny!

I've got a soft spot for Jenson and I used to love Damon. You can imagine the arguments we used to have in my house! lol

All good fun!

Lx

Your BF will have to get the silver arrow tattooed on his bum cheek now the hated one is driving for Mercedes ;)

albeit very slowly... snigger

lol He had the Ferrari tattoo for his 30th birthday (i mean - what else could i buy him - he's got enough watches!), he's nearly 40 now... i may suggest a tat on his ar*e! pmsl

Hi Jim, I'm back here again after some serious backsliding at the end of last year (blame it on Xmas!) - have put on 2 stone since I stopped CD, eek! (Started again yesterday.)

Good to see you that you are keeping on top of it (when I read that you'd put some weight on, I was surprised - but it's only a little!) and for reminding us that even a couple of pounds needs to be watched, so it doesn't grow - I'm proof of that! :sigh:

Back