I've gone over my syns today...but not on anything special. Annoyed!

JestersTear

Silver Member
Today I've had 16 syns.
I know that this isn;t a lot...but what did I 'pig out' on?

3 x Morrisons Cumberland sausages - 1.5
1 tbls of very low fat marg - 2
250ml semi skimmed milk - 6
weetabix - 3.5
ice lolly - 3

total - 16 syns *sigh*

I'm trying to be very good this week, keeping a food diary and everything (as I stayed the same on WI) and today is the first day....

That is why it's so important to food diary. If you hadn't written that down, in your head it's easy to think "I'm being good" and not realise how the syns stack up. As you rightly point out, there's nothing "bad" in that list. But things do have syns, even if you're being careful about what you eat. I tend to put my food diary together first thing in the morning, listing all that I'm having for breakfast, and whatever I've brought in for my lunch and snacks. And even when I've just brought in healthy things, I'm amazed to see I've already clocked up 7 or so syns. Luckily, SW is a plan that allows us to have the things that we like... in moderation. That's the whole point. Some change needs to happen in order for us to lose weight, change the eating habits that made us gain the weight in the first place. Try finding other things to eat, new things to try... you might find that you don't even miss things like low fat spread, etc. Experiment, have fun! :)

You haven't pigged out - it's not as if you scoffed a whole pizza or family size bar of cadbury's :D

And you're only one syn over - which can easily be pulled back tomorrow.

I am a huge believer in keeping a food diary..so much so, that I have 2!!
One on here and the other a paper copy at home that I write out the night before so that I can plan my meals before hand. It also gives me the opportunity to look back when I am struggling to see what weeks I lost well to boost my loss.
Dont panic as the others have said....1) you made the right choises for the syns - you could have really gone ott!....2) You are over by 1 syn, if you want to cut down by 1 syn today if it will make you feel better then go for it.

xxx

Dude, also, on top of the advice above (yes, totally agree, one syn not end of world by ANY means!) just make little alterations to your shopping list and see it boost your weight loss.

eg: Ditch ice lolly (3 syns) for mini milk (1.5 syns)

Ditch Morrisons cumberland (1.5 syns) for Morrisons Eat Smart diet pork sausage (FREE!) or Quorn sausage (FREE!)

Switch semi for skim milk

And as someone else said, jib the marge, you don't need it!

Good luck hun, and it's really great you're keeping a food diary, they really help! xxx

Although i have to say that your syns are there to be used as you see fit and if you want margarine on your bread or a particular type of sausage then go ahead. After all SW is not about deprivation and syns don't necessarily have to be used for chocolate, crisps and alcohol. I don't eat any of those so I do use my syns to supplement my recipes or have butter on my toast. Just because there is a lower syn alternative doesn't mean I have to use it.

i think your syns were ok, you were just unlucky on that day. I assume you are EE and used your Hex A and B already? I use full fat milk and won't swap it for semi as it's my treat but i do plan in advance if i know i'm gonna need syns (like on a skinny cow) so i don't go over. One syn on one day in a week won't do damage, it would only be if you did it all the time and you are clearly not going to do that as you're mortified you've done it today :)

I used the low fat marg on a jacket potato, which I also had with my HE a choice of cheese.

I tend to go WAAAY over my syns for the days on a sat and sun, but I cut back on syns during the week so that's all counted in.
I think I was so annoyed about yesterday because I hadn't pigged out, or had wine, or whatever, you know?

Not a massive fan of skimmed milk, although now I've got my taste buds trained to semi skimmed, that might be something to think about, although I'd never get through 350ml in a normal day! lol
I prefer the Cumberland sausages to the pork ones...
and let's face, it must be doing something right to have lost 3 stones and 12lbs lmao

I used the low fat marg on a jacket potato, which I also had with my HE a choice of cheese.

I tend to go WAAAY over my syns for the days on a sat and sun, but I cut back on syns during the week so that's all counted in.
I think I was so annoyed about yesterday because I hadn't pigged out, or had wine, or whatever, you know?

Not a massive fan of skimmed milk, although now I've got my taste buds trained to semi skimmed, that might be something to think about, although I'd never get through 350ml in a normal day! lol
I prefer the Cumberland sausages to the pork ones...
and let's face, it must be doing something right to have lost 3 stones and 12lbs lmao

heh, then dude, what are you worried about?! :p

Lol...exactly!!!

Dont beat yourself up over 1 syn...you know what you are doing to have lost that amount of weight!!!
Keep it up!

Back