I've got a job to do

Downtown

In summary, I ate too much and I exercised too little, but that is probably why many people are here.

A couple of things shocked me so much that I decided that I wanted to become fit and healthy again...

It is my responsibility as a father and a husband to make sure that I can contribute and provide for many years to come.
...and so we begin.

I will not take part in branded diets and I can't 'treat' myself. I don't know why, but I just know total abstention is the only way I can do this. I must jump in and swim as drowning is not possible.

My pledge (to myself)

• 3 meals a day, less carbs, more fruit more vegetables and 2 lots of protein.
  • Exercise 3 to 4 times a week (mostly cardio with some weights).
  • Common sense is my friend and if I think it is unhealthy or fattening I will not partake.
I am resourceful, I am motivated, but I think I may need some encouragement along the way.

Here's to a healthier and slimmer me.

To everyone else on this particular band waggon, I'm here if you think I can help / encourage or motivate. If we help each other I'm sure it will be that bit easier than alone.

Downtown

Started Friday 6th January 2012 -5' 7" and 16st 2lbs

Friday 13th Jan weigh in - 15st 11lbs

Fri 20th Jan weigh in 15st 7lbs

Fri 27th Jan weigh in --- ???

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your weight loss journey :D

Well done on your losses so far! You've done fantastic!! Keep it up :D

xxx

Thanks for your responses - I'm feeling full of energy right now. I am literally 2 minutes from logging off and driving to the gym (I'd walk but it's 40 miles away from work).
How good does this site make you feel? It just oozes support and kindness. Thank you

Best of luck x

Back